Proffesion Leveling in Cataclysm.

Will leveling proffesions in the beginning of Cataclysm be cheaper then now, or more expansive? (Taking in mind the benefit of gaining 2+ skill levels per craft as a pro, and everyone leveling will raise the demand for required materials.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dephilia View Post
    Will leveling proffesions in the beginning of Cataclysm be cheaper then now, or more expansive? (Taking in mind the benefit of gaining 2+ skill levels per craft as a pro, and everyone leveling will raise the demand for required materials.)
    Err, It'll be more expensive, since mats are always more expansive. Why did you make this post?

It will be naturally more expensive because of inflation.

It will be no doubt way more expensive to level professions

Pretty sure it will be expensive because everyone will want the mats therefore the high demand will cause prices to sky-rocket.

I'd start farming up materials now. As with every expansion, material prices sky rocket. ( I remember making a killing selling herbs of all levels when inscription came around. ) With all of the goblin, and worgen re-rolls. Current players changing professions for " greener pastures ". Spend a little time here and there farming the mats that you need, and a little extra. You'll be set once cata hits. Be it if your trying to level the profession for yourself, or selling the mats.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to farm the current game's mats, sell them in Cataclysm, and use that gold to level up what you want. Old-world mats will be in high demand eventually.

Deleted
    Personally I would buy (or farm) all the mats now; then level up in Cata - multiple skill points + I believe you get guild reputation (or guild experience?) for levelling a profession, so no real point in levelling it now - but hoard the mats whilst people are farming/clearing out guild banks etc. now.