Deleted

Idea: Disc Mastery ***

I have been thinking about this a lot today, wondering what can be done to improve our Mastery given that it will only scale with PW:S and DA. Awesome changes to PW:Barrier on Beta by the way, loving it.

PW:S...the spell we will not be able to afford using as much as we do on Live, for this reason I feel Mastery should be re-worked.

For me ideally we need something similar to that of the Paladin Mastery http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=76669/illuminated-healing,

For example, Tooltip:

Your direct healing spells also place a Divine Aegis shield on your target for 10% of the amount healed lasting 8 sec. Each point of Mastery increases the absorb amount by an addtional 1.25%

This will bring us back to Mitigation Proper and give us a reason to use Mastery, afterall we are the true mitigation healers in the game. Paladin Mastery is: Illuminated Healing, Holy Priest Mastery is: Echo of Light, Disc Priest Mastery: could be called 'Renewed Hope' ? ...

Any thoughts ?

So basically, you're copying the Paladin mastery, something that is "no longer a unique bonus to the spec", just because theirs is an absorb, giving it a name change?

Why not get rid of Symbiosis, for Druids, because Echo of Light would suit them better with another HoT?

It's a flat out "no".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I like the current mastery. I just wonder if there shouldn't be another shield in some form - or two...

Quote Originally Posted by Ananan View Post
    I like the current mastery. I just wonder if there shouldn't be another shield in some form - or two...
    The change to Prayer of Healing off Divine Aegis made it inherently awesome, a way to buff Discipline's raid healing without making it "holy-lite".
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Oh its Ye olde BOHICA*

Bend over, here it comes again

Last week I would have agreed to some degree but today with the latest changes, our current mastery is in a very good spot
    So leave it alone...

lol so wouldnt that be a complete nerf in the stomach from the current mastery
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    So far the dev's have at least acknowledged and attempted some tweaks and fixes to balance out the healing classes. Completely reworking masteries is a very delicate and complicated plan this late into the beta cycle. There is just less and less time to test things and new concepts can be broken/OP/or both. I currently think absorption is a great idea for disc mastery (although I do not like the current mechanic of a 1 sec cd for pw:shield as you bump up against latency, spell Q, and other things). It is a good way to scale our shields as we move forward and with the change to POH, it is going to give us a very good bump to our AOE heal spell.

Sometimes the grass seems to look greener on the other side of the fence (glares at the resto druids)...but most every class has proposed changes in some way form or fashion to their masteries.