View Poll Results: Should posting without reading the OP be a bannable offense?

Voters
32. This poll is closed
  • YES!

19 59.38%
  • NO!

13 40.63%
    Trolls need food too!

Sarcasm aside, I agree with you. However, the amount of grunt work required by mods makes this an unattainable goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

in someways, and some posts, replying to the original post keeps it on topic, which I find to be a problem with a lot of post on here... but yeah, if the post is progressing, and the topic stays where it is... it might get annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    Lorewise... how is it possible for a rogue or a warrior to res someone? A hunter ressing a feral druid I can understand but.. eh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Crusade View Post
    Clearly the rogue stabs them with a poison that revives, and the warrior yells at them until they get up.

Looks about 50/50. Perhaps we should have a war to sort this out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannislaus View Post
    Trolls need food too!

Sarcasm aside, I agree with you. However, the amount of grunt work required by mods makes this an unattainable goal.
    Yeah. It'd be nice to actually have a topic that's started stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    This is in reference to direct responses toward the OP. Replying to a post within the thread is fine.

A lot of replies are obviously from only reading the title and spouting some random opinion instead of reading the OP and contributing something. Those posters are not just wasting space, they are frustratingly unthoughtful.
    TL;DR. I don't need to read your posts to know you're wrong.

Lol, JK of course, but I've seen that post done seriously before. I don't know about it being bannable, but it is certainly annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who just read thread title and respond to that are so annoying. Read the damn post.

In a way it's its own punishment as the poster then looks like an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

i didn't even read your post but i already know i disagree with the title. I didn't read the poll either. You could've been clever and made answering "Yes" to the title be equivalent of answering "No" on the poll.

I voted no.

The amount of moderators needed would be huge, and what if someone just interpritated the topic wrong, it happens alot and since this is an international forum that rule would rule out alot of people with good intentions

10+ Year Old Account
    Should making a thread and then making the title completely irrelevant be bannable too then?

In short, no. While it is annoying, having a clearer title could also help alleviate the amount of people that are making the responses.

You could've been clever by being relevant.
    Na, then i'd have to read your post. Not that your thread required reading. It's a simple matter, your title asked question and i gave an answer.

A person that reads only the Title and intentionally does not read the OP (and in your case, also does not read a poll) and then proceeds to antagonize the original poster is very close to trolling even if you don't see it that way.
    I don't intend to troll and i'm not really considering your thread. I read the title, glanced at what you wrote. I saw it was very short and could assume the title was sufficient. Considering how direct your title was, it's likely that your pole is reflects your question. now i could've been wrong if you were clever but it makes little difference.

Regardless, my position is relevant. Despite whether you like it, im defending a position you are attacking.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's quite enough.