Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The OTHER side of azeroth...

okay guys, looking at the map of Azeroth, the maelstom, formerly the well of eternity, is in the center of the map, with 2 continents on each side, the planet is OBVIOUSLY round, so whats on the other side between kalimdor and eastern kingdoms?

like, why do the zeps and boats go through the center, riskming the maelstrom, and not around the other way??

/discuss

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 03:09 PM ----------

my spelling is bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet to be determined content?

Deleted
    There is SOMETHING on the other side of the world, there's bits and pieces of it spread out over the lore of wow, but what I can remember is that people have ventured there and never returned, mysterious eh? So there might be a whole continent on the other side, but im pretty sure that I read some where that it was a vast ocean with giant sea creatures, might be mistaken tho, I will try to find a link in a sec...

http://www.wowpedia.org/Azeroth_%28world%29

"The world of Azeroth also has lands located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear though that it is very dangerous. "

There we go

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its NOT round,
    OT, If it is round, then future expantions have A LOT to work with

Quote Originally Posted by ESeregon View Post
    Yet to be determined content?
    i dont know, technically the sea would be about the width of kalimdor, if the plant is perfectly spherical

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thuglife92 View Post
    okay guys, looking at the map of Azeroth, the maelstom, formerly the well of eternity, is in the center of the map, with 2 continents on each side, the planet is OBVIOUSLY round, so whats on the other side between kalimdor and eastern kingdoms?

like, why do the zeps and boats go through the center, riskming the maelstrom, and not around the other way??

/discuss

my spelling is bad
    The world may be round but the map isnt...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thuglife92 View Post

/discuss

my spelling is bad
    The Other Side of Azeroth is believed to be covered by one more Super Continent. The Current Lore states that all ships that have been sent before the Veiled Sea have Not returned.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Maybe its NOT round,
    OT, If it is round, then future expantions have A LOT to work with
    its round, look http://www.wowpedia.org/Azeroth_(world)

What's on the other side of the Earth?!

15+ Year Old Account
    In World of Warcraft, globes scattered around the game show what looks to be a sea with only a few islands dotting the surface opposite of the main continents. In the latest model of Azeroth, you are able to see a north polar ice cap. This may suggest that there is a south polar ice cap. In the model, the western edge of Kalimdor looks to be near enough to the eastern edge of the Eastern Kingdoms to suggest that there is not enough room for a big landmass in between them; although there could be islands of various sizes. Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms may actually be opposite of each other on Azeroth. The Forbidding Sea may blend into the Veiled Sea and vice versa. Spinning images of the world also appear in the introduction cinematics in the game's title. It should be noted however, that as with real world history these globes may only represent the known world, and the fact that Azeroth's inhabitants know the world to be a sphere, not necessarily the entire world.
    taken from - http://www.wowwiki.com/Azeroth_%28world%29
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Was that uninformative and anticlimactic enough? .

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post

What's on the other side of the Earth?!
    Antarctica!

Deleted
    Flat map = Round planet or what? I really doubt that there is an "other side". Look at the Algalon planets. No other side there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjongen View Post
    There is SOMETHING on the other side of the world, there's bits and pieces of it spread out over the lore of wow, but what I can remember is that people have ventured there and never returned, mysterious eh? So there might be a whole continent on the other side, but im pretty sure that I read some where that it was a vast ocean with giant sea creatures, might be mistaken tho, I will try to find a link in a sec...

http://www.wowpedia.org/Azeroth_%28world%29

"The world of Azeroth also has lands located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear though that it is very dangerous. "

There we go
    oo mysterious
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Deleted

Why should we care about some stupid game world? We dont even know whats on the other side of our planet!?

Deleted
    The insivible wall of death.

EDIT: The OP was refering to zeppelins and boats risking the Maelstrom instead of simply going West/East. There must apparently be something very nasty on the other side, hence why Blizzard placed their invisible wall to protect us players from discovering the horrible truth.
    Last edited by mmocad36d6f61e; 2010-11-11 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats where theres another continent the size of Azeroth to be debuted in WC4 and the main site of WoW2 obviously.

15+ Year Old Account
    your trippin! The world isnt round! It is Flat!

10+ Year Old Account
    When you run Halls of Lightning, the planets that are spinning around makes it look like its just Kalimdor/Azeroth on the world, and thats its in fact round.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    Thats where theres another continent the size of Azeroth to be debuted in WC4 and the main site of WoW2 obviously.
    Oh boi, I DO like that idea very VERY much!
    As long as theres orcs on the other side of the planet ofc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjongen View Post
    Oh boi, I DO like that idea very VERY much!
    As long as theres orcs on the other side of the planet ofc...
    Ofc And rabid snow-gnomes.