Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Blue: 'Ninja-looting is not a breach of our policies'

I know these aren't the official forums, I just want to have you guys' opinion on this.

I just got this reply back from a Blue after I made a ticket yesterday. Of course, they don't prioritize emergency issues so it was addressed probably earlier today instead of yesterday, when we decided to wait for a GM.

Short story short: RL sets ML just before we down Sarth3D-10 (I thought that was impossible since the patch?), steals drake and leaves. The other 9 of us decide to open tickets and stay for a good 30 minutes and hope for a GM. This is the response I got:

Green is my ticket, Red is part of the blue's response. Seriously, what to think of this?

You heard the man, if you don't like it, go play RS or Aion!
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

Ninja looting has never been a bannable offence if thats is what you're after. If there werent any agreements as the GM said they wont do squat

Deleted
    The raid leader explicitly stated multiple times in chat that he would leave it on group loot, which is also stated in my ticket to the GM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It never has been.

It would be far too hard for them to police in most circumstances. Any argument about loot whatsoever would be reported as ninja looting. It's up to the players to set the loot rules appropriately.

Blizzard give you the tools to stop ninja looting (asides from raid leader i guess) rather than enforce nina looting itself.

It always sucks when stuff like this happens,
    But what do you expect the GM to do? Whould be hard for him to organize some kind of reroll, and even if we liked to, ban the ninjalooter whould be to extrem in the long run.

Just put him on ignore and hope for more honest members in your next raid.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have evidence showing said raid leader stating the loot rules, Blizzard can't do anything about it. It's a lot easier if you look at it like a court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

By definition if you allow someone to master loot that gives them ultimate say-so for who loot goes to, even if it's to themselves, that is the policy Blizzard is talking about.

My suggestions, if ninja looting is such a big problem, 1.) go with your guild or friends you trust... or 2.) be master looter yourself and make sure loot is distributed fairly.. or 3.) refuse to pull the boss until the loot is on group loot.

did you really refer to this situation as an emergency?

Deleted
    As long as you have proof that you agreed on a certain loot system (screens/chatlog) before the fight they will take steps.

PS: the "edit-section" in the ticket makes you a complete retard, sorry.

Oh ya and your Seethe is amazing.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

My opinion is that the GM is correct.

Unless the masterlooter (or in this case raidleader) says that nothing is reserved and everything will be rolled for (As the gm says 'an agreement') he can basecly "ninja" everything he sees fit, because it's up to every player who they choose to have as a raidleader (If they do not like this person they can choose to either leave or vote for another leader) So if you have agreed (by not disagreeing) that he's the raidleader (and lootmaster) he can, as I said, take whatever he sees fit for himself since he is 'Master looter' aka he decides what goes where.

but in this case you had an agreement, making a gm able to take away the item and give it to another person.

nom.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ninjaing isn't against the rules.
    Scaming is.

Which is what your guy did. Said you can all roll, then didn't let anyone.
    I believe the GM said he'd look into it, which means pulling up the raids chat log and wading through it. You guys probably wont get a chance at the drake, but the Ninja guy will get it taken off him and get a 3day ban most likely.
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drkbkr View Post
    did you really refer to this situation as an emergency?
    With the 9 of us deciding to wait for a GM, yes.

stated very clearly...

dude....its OS. no one needs any loot from it but the drake.....so why did you have it on masterloot? NEVER do OS under masterloot.

Always always always put in the date + time of when the looting agreement was made so that the GM can look it up in the chat logs. Your fault for not doing that - he's not gonna track that down for you.

First, they really have no method of an emergency ticket, you won't get escalated just by asking them. If they did, it would be an abused system, really just have to wait your turn.

Second, he does specifically tell you what's going on. The "raid leader scammed you" is the way they are calling it rather than a "ninja loot". It's basically their way of putting it. Sucks, but I bet no one will end up getting the drake. The RL will probably have it removed and possibly get a temporary ban. All you can really do is black list the guy.

I think that the part of your quote after the "edit" just makes you seem like a jerk.

And that it's not necessary to waste a GM's time with another whiny ninja-looter complaint.

Deleted
    QQ moar. Don't raid with him again, be careful next time. And that mount is nothing nowadays. When our group rolled on it, some priest won it and I bought it for about 300g, since she already had it learnt.