Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Anyone else think HoG needs a glyph?

HoG is the only 31 Warlock talent that doesn't have a glyph associated with it. Would be nice if it had a Prime glyph that decreased its CD by 2s (would make refreshing Immo a lot easier) and/or a Major glyph that increased it's aura by 5 yards.

What do you guys think? If you like it, feel free to suggest it on the Beta forums if you have access.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think cata spells will get a glyph later in the expansion like they did for wrath

they dont want to give glyphs to every new ability right away because then you would never experience the ability without the glyph attached to it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

The poster above me has the right of it. I'd definitely love to tack another 4-6 yards onto Hand of Gul'Dan's debuff zone.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

I would like a 2 second CD reduction to help with the PvE aspect of keeping immolate up when we hit 85 and are struggling to have 15% spell haste. It's going to be a royal pain to reliably keep immolate refreshed with HoG when you have roughly a second to do it in due to CD, cast time and travel time.

10+ Year Old Account

Its not a 31 point talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    HoG is the only 31 Warlock talent that doesn't have a glyph associated with it. Would be nice if it had a Prime glyph that decreased its CD by 2s (would make refreshing Immo a lot easier) and/or a Major glyph that increased it's aura by 5 yards.

What do you guys think? If you like it, feel free to suggest it on the Beta forums if you have access.
    You don't have to spec 31 points in to demo get HoG. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I would like a 2 second CD reduction to help with the PvE aspect of keeping immolate up when we hit 85 and are struggling to have 15% spell haste. It's going to be a royal pain to reliably keep immolate refreshed with HoG when you have roughly a second to do it in due to CD, cast time and travel time.
    At 81 you will get fel flame, instant cast, refreshes immolate. So at 85, there should be little worry, unless you are completely oom, of being able to refresh immo. And with the 4 piece bonus for t11, it seems blizz wants locks to use that fel flame.

Greater aura range would be an awesome glyph for pvp, and probably the way they should go. PvE wise, you could make is cost less mana or hit harder, but those have already been used for other spells and are pretty blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    At 81 you will get fel flame, instant cast, refreshes immolate. So at 85, there should be little worry, unless you are completely oom, of being able to refresh immo. And with the 4 piece bonus for t11, it seems blizz wants locks to use that fel flame.

Greater aura range would be an awesome glyph for pvp, and probably the way they should go. PvE wise, you could make is cost less mana or hit harder, but those have already been used for other spells and are pretty blah.
    It doesn't refresh Immo, it just adds 6s to its duration.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Greyarea View Post
    I'm against fixing spells with glyphs. It should be able to refresh immolate baseline. Glyphs should add something extra to a spell that already works well without it. What is the point of having glyphs if they only fix bugs or bad design?

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    This.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riane/advanced

Death Knights are still feared. When we tank, the healers tremble.

Also: Time + effort = reward (or atleast it should)

HoG with less mana? Isn't it already on 250-350? something?

Actually, yeah you do. HoG is in the 4th tier, meaning you're going to have to put 31 points in demo, minimum, to get it before you can put points in another tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuddah View Post
    HoG with less mana? Isn't it already on 250-350? something?
    right, which is why a pve glyph for HoG, using some of the current warlock nuke glyphs as a guide, would be very underwhelming.

right, which is why a pve glyph for HoG, using some of the current warlock nuke glyphs as a guide, would be very underwhelming.
    Widening its void zone would be great for PVE and PVP both, especially once you factor Aura of Foreboding into the equation.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by Ekeln View Post
    Widening its void zone would be great for PVE and PVP both, especially once you factor Aura of Foreboding into the equation.
    agree completely for pvp and for leveling to 85 or dungeons, sure. However at 85, or even now at 80, Im not sold on taking AoF for a raid build, unless mechanics pan out that we will somehow need to root things, and in that event, glyphed fear is an option anyways. I dont think I want rooted mobs taking swipes at random melee cause the tank maybe just out of their range. Widening the zone available for the HoG effect, ie giving the demons potentially more mobs to crit on, might be useful for raids, but other than trash, I would think it wouldnt help a whole lot on boss fights.

time will tell

Increasing the radius of the spell would be interesting, but I think it would be more interesting to say something like this...

Currently fully talented it roots targets in the area for 3s and 6s after HoG lands it also stuns for 3s... instead of 6 seconds for the stun part to occur about when glyphed it takes 3 seconds instead.

In doing this basically means immediately after the 3 second root the person will be stuned for 3s more instead of having time to get out of the area.

Just another idea though.

15+ Year Old Account

Felflame damage is really low if I remember correctly, would not be good design to force ppl to use a spell meant to use on the move/pvp to keep their rotation up. Will be a big damagedump to use a GCD on that.
    Sure, it's a bigger dump of damage to let immo fall off but I rather see a -cd glyph correcting this than throwing yet another spell into the rotation of demo.

As of PvP, demo really lack cos of a long casttime on SB/Incin, HoG is really the only decent semifast spell demo got that does good damage.
    So hands up for a -cd glyph with PvP in mind as well.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-11-11 at 02:48 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I see Fel Flame as part of the rotation for Demo players that are humping a haste threshold without any way to raise or lower it to compensate for HoG refreshes. When you only need 6 seconds more on your Immolate duration, and then you can refresh it back to 15 seconds a couple seconds later, that's fine.

For Destro, if you're not moving, you're losing DPS by refreshing with Fel Flame by virtue of it taking up a GCD every 6 seconds, when you could just recast Immolate as it falls off and have the whole 15 seconds to dps with spells that matter.

Pretty much this. The 31 point talent for the tree is Metamorphosis which has a glyph and no, not all classes have a glyph for their 31 point talent. Prot Paladins, Ret Paladins, Unholy DK's, Resto druids (minor being appearance doesn't count). I'm sure there are more but those are the ones on the top of my head.

i like the few extra yards idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    How did you manage to tame a Troll as a Seagull?