I am stupid, I can't understand how soulstone works

OK, started a warlock and got her to L20. I have the spell to create a Soulstone, so I click it and one is created. So I die, and I click on the Soulstone (not the spell to create it) and it says "you are dead". Duh. Ghost walk back to body...

I read Soulstone tooltip again. So, it looks like not only do I create a Soulstone, but then I have to "save my soul" into it by "using" it. So I select my unit frame and right click the Soulstone to "use" it. It "rezes" me while I'm still alive and consumes the soulstone. Great, now I've got to wait 30 minutes to create another stone so I can do anything. It must be "too obvious" for me or something. Can somebody please tell me the correct steps?

1) Create soulstone
    ?)
    ?)
    n-1) Die
    n) Resurrect myself after dying

Thank you!

The Soulstone gives you a buff for 30 minutes. If you die while that buff is active, you get the option to pop back to life on the spot or release. It's like a Shaman's Reincarnate, just with a timeframe. You activate it while alive, then use it if you die. Make sense?

Deleted
    When you use the soulstone (before you actually die) you get a buff "your soul is saved" or something that lasts for 15(? is the number right?) minutes.
    That way when you die you get the option to use the soulstone instead of release and you live again.
    If the name and the timer is wrong I'm sorry but I'm a mage :P

10+ Year Old Account
    You use it on yourself, and you get a buff. When you die you have a choice to either go to the graveyard or rez there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Deleted
    Hehe... alright it should look like this.

1) create Soulstone
    2) target yourself, or a party member
    3) click the Soulstone in your inventory
    4) you (or your party member) are now Soulstoned.
    5) if you (or party member) die, you can now resurrect.

EDIT: too slow, but you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    When you use the soulstone (before you actually die) you get a buff "your soul is saved" or something that lasts for 15(? is the number right?) minutes.
    That way when you die you get the option to use the soulstone instead of release and you live again.
    This.

1) Create soulstone
    2) Target self
    3) Use Soul Stone
    4) Buff is placed on self for 15 minutes that "stores" your soul
    5) Die in the next fifteen minutes
    6) Make like a shaman and return from the dead
    7) Success

1.) Create soulstone
    2.) Use it to receive "Soulstone - your soul is saved" buff for 30 min.
    3.) Die
    4.) You have options: "Release spirit" "Use soulstone"
    5.) Click on "Use soulstone"
    6.) You get ressed by yourself

Gzzz
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarragon
    Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics.

Deleted
    1- Creat Soulstone
    2- Use Soulstone that u created to get the buff
    3- Die
    4- ???????
    5- Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Venali View Post
    The Soulstone gives you a buff for 30 minutes. If you die while that buff is active, you get the option to pop back to life on the spot or release. It's like a Shaman's Reincarnate, just with a timeframe. You activate it while alive, then use it if you die. Make sense?
    Currently on live the buff is only 15 min sadly while the CD is still 30 min *sad panda*
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

It's actually only 15 minutes with a 30 minute cooldown now. Something got borked in the last patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you don't play troll warlock.
    After "resurecting" yourself with soulstone, didn't you check your buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    1.) Create soulstone
    2.) Use it to receive "Soulstone - your soul is saved" buff for 30 min.
    3.) Die
    4.) You have options: "Release spirit" "Use soulstone"
    5.) Click on "Use soulstone"
    6.) You get ressed by yourself

Gzzz
    Ah thanks all. I was thinking I should click the stone to rez, I didn't realize it changed the death dialog box after I used it.

Deleted
    the OP is very succesfull in doing his thing, this is usually a moment where people start to say the following:

[insertnumber]/10

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte View Post
    I really hope you don't play troll warlock.
    After "resurecting" yourself with soulstone, didn't you check your buffs?
    I haven't played any self resurrecting or magical ranged/casting classes, so I'm just trying to figure it out. I'm sure people that have played for years know how to work everything. That's why I asked.

I didn't figure out how it worked until I was in an instance somewhere in Azerothian BFE in my 30s.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by nethertwist View Post
    Completely off topic but nice signature, did you use a site to create that?