Will many of the BG PUG'ers change their habits for Rated BG's?

i keep thinking about this since i'd consider my playstyle in WoW these days as a PUG'er. its the most conducive playstyle to my playtimes and socializing i tend to do in WoW these days. i used to premade when i played WoW a lot but these days i don't expect to go back to that. I generally login to WoW for some fun PvP for an hour or two then logout and don't do much of any other activity in WoW. i have been playing like this since the beginning of Wotlk. the good thing is i have not suffered burnout again which i experienced at end of TBC where i quit for a period of time. these days i'm anxious to get home and pvp every so often, especially after reading forums. moderation has done wonders for my enjoyment of WoW.

i've had plenty of opportunities to join forming groups for bg's of late but i'm reluctant to for multiples of reasons. First they expect a time commitment of at least a few hours. If you just play a few games and logoff they'll get upset at you. Secondly its so serious most of the time and all anyone really cares about is winning/honor that when teams lose morale drops bigtime to the point people rage, quit group, etc. and its more grief i don't like having to deal with in a game i play for fun. Last but not least it almost feels like a relationship your subjecting yourself to, with social dynamics, etc. thats at times more trouble/headache than its worth when ALL you WANT to do is play a fun game killing other players and avoid them trying to kill you.

but to gain rewards, get anywhere in this game, or be competitive in Cata, you'll HAVE to do the Rated BG's/Arena...

i don't know what i will do when Cata hits but i have a strong feeling i won't be participating in Rated BG's much due to the issues i've cited, and its disappointing how the direction of this game doesn't ever coincide with my playstyle. i find it hard to believe i'm the only one in this boat. whats sadder is i've been supporting Bg's, writing guides for them, and giviing tips even when every serious PvP clowned them and put Arena on a pedestal, and now they'll all be catered to again in the Rated BG's era.

guess PUG'ers will forever be subject to being the red headed step children of WoW.

/hate Dev's

QQme.

Join a casual PvP guild.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a social game. In order to get the best rewards in this game you've always had to team up with other players to accomplish goals. If this doesn't fit your playstyle, you have a couple choices:

1. Play by yourself for the lower points (Honor Points as opposed to Conquest Points). Its easier to queue by yourself but you won't get the better gear.
    2. Play a game like DotA, or HoN.
    3. Deal with the social issues and play with a PUG RBG group just like everyone else, or make some friends and play with people you enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I withhold judgment on Rated BGs until I've actually played in one.

ALL you WANT to do is play a fun game killing other players and avoid them trying to kill you.
    I agree with that bit, but I also believe we're in the very small minority. As much as I like winning, I like playing even more (even if I die more than kill in the match...fun is fun). This is meant to be a stress reliever, not a job. If rated BGs feels like a job, I simply won't play in them. No skin off my nose.