Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mount cast whilst moving?

As simple as it sounds, what do people think of allowing the 1.5 second casting of your mount or worgen getting to ready to go on all fours, can be cast whilst running, similar to fire mage scorch and shamans on beta, i cant think of any reason why this would be unfair or imbalanced. Feels more natural to me then sitting still then on mount, ever watched a movie where the hero just slowly gets on mount middle of battle when hes chasing someone, rather then running then jumping on it?

Any complaints as why would this be bad, obviously with reasons, or suggestions?

edited so people understand i dont mean instant cast
    Last edited by Athor; 2010-11-11 at 10:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, if this is done, buff druid flight form

Deleted
    Instant mounting abilities would be very lame in arena.
    Would be ok if they just remove mounts from arena, this should've happend a long time ago imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    No, Nerf druid flight form its already OP when it comes to shit like Gathering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wut? Druid flight form already can do that, so why would it need to be buffed? To stay superior?

Deleted
    flight form is instant and prevents polymorph.
    also.. nerf: shadowmeld -> flight form

I can't possibly understand why you think people mounting while running away would be a good idea.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    i cant think of any reason why this would be unfair or imbalanced.
    I can, it will be very lame in arena/world pvp running away while mounting... Arena would be a mount-chase game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    Wut? Druid flight form already can do that, so why would it need to be buffed? To stay superior?
    Duh, that's the point of rolling a drooid, lol j/k

Deleted
    PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I can, it will be very lame in arena/world pvp running away while mounting... Arena would be a mount-chase game.
    We can make it so that whilst casting you move at walking pace, but you forgot both players, as in the chaser and the chased, will be allowed to move whilst mounted

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Unstuck View Post
    PvP.
    Sorry you would need to explain, because first i dont think you understood there would be a cast time, second that every player would have access to casting whilst moving

10+ Year Old Account
    NE Druids FTW

Why?

Why mount on the run?

Sure heroes sometimes do it in movies. It is far more common for them to mount a stationary horse though.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Mount in arenas while running? You can't mount in combat. I can't see how this would really effect anything....besides being able to well...mount up before some one reaches you....but we can basically already do that.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Why?

Why mount on the run?

Sure heroes sometimes do it in movies. It is far more common for them to mount a stationary horse though.
    I'm sorry but your saying its a bad idea because its not realistic? :/ No, no I'm sorry but this is WoW. Realism and sense does not apply!

EDIT: Everyone seems to think the OP said that he wants us to be able to mount in combat. I don't see anything like that in there.
    Last edited by Bombkirby; 2010-11-11 at 10:56 PM.

Broomstick mount ... does this, and I have one stored in a pumpkin read for use on release of cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I'm sorry but your saying its a bad idea because its not realistic?
    Nope. Didn't mention realism at all.

Deleted
    Sorry you would need to explain, because first i dont think you understood there would be a cast time, second that every player would have access to casting whilst moving
    Ah my mistake then. So long as you still can't do it in combat and there's still a cast time I'm fine with it.

i like the idea of casting a mount while moving. but it should be applied to EVERYONE

We can make it so that whilst casting you move at walking pace, but you forgot both players, as in the chaser and the chased, will be allowed to move whilst mounted

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:47 PM ----------

That was my point, arena would be turned into a game where people chase eachother on mounts, and some classes have faster mountspeed then others, see where I'm going?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Mount in arenas while running? You can't mount in combat. I can't see how this would really effect anything....besides being able to well...mount up before some one reaches you....but we can basically already do that.[COLOR="red"]

I know you can't mount in combat, but i can think of many situations where it would be lame. Example warrior running to you just about in charge range and you run around pilar while casting mount and kite him 24/7 on mount, yes he can mount aswell but if both go evenly fast it would be whoever drags eachother in a corner first, or classes with faster mountspeed would be seen as "OP".
    Last edited by Barone; 2010-11-11 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    i agree with this