Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexxe View Post
    I vote no. I carry around(at any given time) 4 sets on my paladin. My Holy set, My Ret set, My Prot set, and My RP set. Pre-reagent buff, I would have anywhere from 2-5 free spaces depending on what was going on. I carried around alcohol(I liked to have booze to get smashed while running around in dal in my RP set. ), wormhole generator, mailbox, scrapbots, jeeves, train wrecker, paper zepplins, baby spice, old spice, snowballs, and other things.

If you want to look a certain way, sacrafice the bag space. I did it on my hardmode paladin, you can too. Quichabitchin.
    thats pretty much what i do on my shaman, got my enhance, resto, ele and RP set all in my bags. I also have all of my engineering items as well as a ton of cosmetic items like deviate delights and noggen fogger.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP, thats one thing Warhammer Online has (appearance tab) as I'm sure you allready know this and from where YOU got the idea

Anyway, I wouldn't be suprised Blizzard stole another good idea from Warhammer and implemented that in game some day, cause it is a good idea afterall!

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Happening!

Yeah, Tierna aka the orginator of one of the Appearance Tab threads on the old forums here. I support the idea. I wanted to be able to rock the Black Dragonscale set I grinded out during my leveling process back in TBC before I knew it was just gonna plain suck 2 levels before I could even make/equip all of it. I support this 100%. I hate seeing every person at endgame looking the same.

Almost all tanks look like warriors because all the good 264/277 gear is based off warrior tier. The tier set piece bonuses are just garbage for the most part for tanks, especially the ones that dont suck. I know three paladin tanks that have a full warrior suit.

Also the better of set pieces for rets/dks match the warrior set. ETC ETC so on so forth.

TLDR
    NO MOAR CLOANS
    NO MOAR SKITLZ

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me too much of Guild Wars, where the only interesting aspect of armor customization seemed to be changing the color of it.

Everyone wanted the same color. -.- Conformity.
    First impressions are everything to me. Make it count. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Every. Single. Paladin. Will be running around in tier 2.
    Not if it requires models of items you have previously/currently own. Also while it may go against the idea the OP is trying to support it could also be a basic client side cosmetic feature so then the artists work isn't completely wasted but the player could have some added customization with the way their character looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Right click portrait -> Inspect is hard these days?
    Assuming inspect is working properly no inspect isn't hard, however IF this was to go through and wasn't a client side effect like I suggested it would cause some issues in PvP scenarios. I don't know about you but when I PvP I'd kind of like to know what level of gear the other person is in before I charge in and attack, health and mana pools help sure but it's not a definitive way to judge a players gear level.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-11-16 at 07:36 AM.

I know that I want my character to look how I want him to look. But here's my catch; I don't care if it's ONLY myself that can see it. If I can walk around in full paladin tier-6, but everyone else will see me in a clown costume, I'm all for it. But model editing is bad and can get you banned, so I'd need a legal way to do that. I also understand that this would probably just be counted as a stupid idea by those who peruse the forums and the game's staff, so I'm willing to accept that the proposal here will probably never happen. Shame, I think.

Most people would go for biased "Awesome Looking" gear, so in turn the customization is lowered. Also as other posters have said, gear will usually give an indication of a player without needing to inspect.

Deleted
    I say no.
    It would be a mess. Plus, I really dont want to have to target/mouseover a player just to see what class he/she is. Or Inspect to see the gear for that sake.

That won't change anything, since gear is the "My penis is bigger than yours" factor, people will have their max gear on probably.

But the idea is nice and I'd like to be in full T8 with Vold'rethar and don't be afraid of anything.

Maybe (just maybe), you could highlight someone and press shift or something to see their original gear. I mean the server/your computer has to load the gear anyway, so shouldn't be too much trouble. Then that'd stop the QQ about PvP gear and stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Bubbles View Post
    Maybe (just maybe), you could highlight someone and press shift or something to see their original gear. I mean the server/your computer has to load the gear anyway, so shouldn't be too much trouble. Then that'd stop the QQ about PvP gear and stuff.
    So, you want us to do that every single time we have to check a players gear? Come on, dont be stupid.
    And it would not work against another faction.

Or... How about an option that allows you to toggle whether you see a modified tab or normal.
    Then everyone is happy.

That is an easy addition.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    Or... How about an option that allows you to toggle whether you see a modified tab or normal.
    Then everyone is happy.

That is an easy addition.
    Because, Blizzard dont have anything else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post
    So, you want us to do that every single time we have to check a players gear? Come on, dont be stupid.
    And it would not work against another faction.
    Don't be mean, it was only an idea. Why wouldn't it work against another faction?
    Last edited by Overlord Bubbles; 2010-11-16 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Its pvp balance that worries me though - You judge your targets a lot on thier appearance, You see wrathfull shoulders from a mile off and steer clear - this way they can make themselfs look like they are in greens and taunt you in
    What a pussy.

OT: Good idea but I do think that people will be rather silly with it.