Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lift 60 Day Delay Realm First 85

Thoughts on asking Blizzard to lift restrictions on realm first 85 / realm first 85 (Class).

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...07506820&sid=1

"With Cataclysm upon us I'm sure many are relocating themselves to new server for many reasons.
    I'd like for developers to lift the 60 day restriction on realm first 85 and realm first 85 (Class).

Keeping the restriction for raid achievements of course because that's needed for guilds so they do not server hop to get realm first. Leveling achievements will not have these issues since people will be hitting 85 in 3-4 days is my guess. I've transferred and at the release of Cataclysm I'll be around 40days into my 60 day delay. I hope you will not ask us to stay on our current servers in till 85 then transfer off.

Many thanks if this will be taken into consideration! I'd hate for people to hit 85 first and not get their feat of strength due to the 60 day restriction. I myself would appreciate it! "

That's what I posted in their "SUGGESTIONS" section. Reply or bump if you agree please!

I think its mostly so someone that has been on that server for some time can get the achievement rather than some random dude that just got there. Either way, I don't see a big deall with it personally.

So what's to stop someone from dropping $50 just to ninja this title from another server and then return to their home server?

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    So what's to stop someone from dropping $50 just to ninja this title from another server and then return to their home server?
    You cannot "ninja" a realm first leveling achievement. There is no title reward with it anyways. If someone decides to pay to transfer for a better chance at realm first feat of strength more power to them. Still requires them to level up to 85

If you are speaking of someone hitting 85 right behind someone else then putting in a transfer to a server with one one hitting 85 yet? Yes, that should still not be allowed. Chances are very slime though that each server will not have its own group of people pulling all nighters to hit 85 within 3-4 days. All I'm asking is the 60 day delay to be lifted or reset the day of expansion drop.
    Last edited by Elvine; 2010-11-12 at 02:23 AM.

You say it shouldn't be allowed, but if you remove the restriction that's exactly what someone will do. That's the sorta reason that restriction was put in place to begin with. Blizzard knows that there are people who care about realm firsts, titles or not, so stopping this sorta thing from happening is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by skyesfury View Post
    You say it shouldn't be allowed, but if you remove the restriction that's exactly what someone will do. That's the sorta reason that restriction was put in place to begin with. Blizzard knows that there are people who care about realm firsts, titles or not, so stopping this sorta thing from happening is a good thing.
    You're mistaken to think that leveling and raid realm first achievements go hand in hand. No one would be "cheating" or taking advantage of the system. You will still need to level your character along side with everyone else. Race to the finish in leveling. Raid achievements I agree they should restrict it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    You're mistaken to think that leveling and raid realm first achievements go hand in hand. No one would be "cheating" or taking advantage of the system. You will still need to level your character along side with everyone else. Race to the finish in leveling. Raid achievements I agree they should restrict it.
    No.

People do all sorts of stupid achievements then transfer back realm first this or that. It's been done many times for all sorts of things including "scarab lord" on newer servers. I think the idea of the "realm first" hopping off the server as quickly as they can is outrageous. It *will* happen.

With that being said lifting it for those already on the server so all are eligible for the achievement and those that transfer after are not eligible. The gap between each realms first 85 will be very slime compared to realm first kills and huge chain quests like scarab lord. Each realm will be within mins to an hour of each other for someone to hit level 85.

Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    No.

People do all sorts of stupid achievements then transfer back realm first this or that. It's been done many times for all sorts of things including "scarab lord" on newer servers. I think the idea of the "realm first" hopping off the server as quickly as they can is outrageous. It *will* happen.
    This guy is right. It should not be removed. I don't want to see Overpopulated-Server-A's realm second 85 swapping to underpopulated server B's server to steal the title and then go back. There's no reason for it to be allowed. The announcement was made more than 60 days before the release date, you (OP) made that decision informed of the consequences. They should not open up servers to getting screwed just because you made a decision you now regret.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 06:50 PM ----------

With that being said lifting it for those already on the server so all are eligible for the achievement and those that transfer after are not eligible. The gap between each realms first 85 will be very slime compared to realm first kills and huge chain quests like scarab lord. Each realm will be within mins to an hour of each other for someone to hit level 85.
    This isn't even true. Big servers tend to have much more competition for the titles, forcing people to work harder for it. They are not within minutes of eachother. If I recall correctly my horde char's server was pretty much a full day faster than my alliance server, and my alliance server isn't even one of the smallest realms (the horde server is pretty big though.) There's a reason not to allow it. The only reason to allow it is because you made an informed decision you no longer like.

The suggestion would be to give everyone a chance at the leveling realm first 85 feat of strength that are on the server at the release of Cata, to anyone that transfers after the release they wouldn't be eligible for the achievement.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 09:54 PM ----------

Never hurts trying to put in a suggestion, I knew of these restrictions before I did my transfer. I decided that getting to know my new guild before the release of Cata would be more beneficial to me than staying on the server I was currently on then looking for a guild after hitting 85.

The suggestion would be to give everyone a chance at the leveling realm first 85 feat of strength that are on the server at the release of Cata, to anyone that transfers after the release they wouldn't be eligible for the achievement.
    And as soon as the announcement is made people will server hop to where they think they have the best chance. It's extra work for devs, extra testing, extra possibility of things being messed up. You were warned when you transferred of the consequences, accept them. The release date had already been announced by then. Blizzard should not have to put in extra work and open the system up to unexpected problems on a launch day because people made a decision knowing the consequences, and don't like the consequences.

if they really wanted to stop it they could just put in a 10 day delay on the achievement AFTER the launch to make sure this wouldn't be a problem

Who cares it means nothing?

Sorry, but even transferring BEFORE the expansion hits should invoke the 60 days. Reason being, someone could easily transfer from a high pop server to a low pop beforehand, and therefore have less competition for Realm First 85 on the day of and whatnot. It'd be a preemptive transfer with the same intentions.

Even if you didn't transfer beforehand for the sake of Realm First, you knew the 60 day rule was there, and you transferred anyways.

How it should work is:
    - Cannot have transferred a week before expansion release.
    - Must stay on the server for at least 60 days after recieving the achievement. If transferred off before that, the FoS is stripped and given to the 2nd remaining person on server who got to level 85 on the server they're on.
    - In any case, whoever has the FoS must remain on the server for 60 days for it to become permanant.

Don't remove it. Realm first 85 are just vanity stuff. The people who are on those server for 60 days deserve a shot at it. I think your main priority should simply be wanting to ding really fast and start chaining dungeons.

Even if people transfer to a low pop server, you all speak as if they still do not have to work for the FoS..... people will still have to race against others and level their toon up.....

Why do people even care about realm firsts? Seriously. They don't matter at all.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

This will never happen.

The % of the player base that actually tries for level 85 realm first will be very small.

Then figure into that the % of them that have recently transferred.

Blizzard will never make a move to satisfy so few people at the risk of upsetting so many.

Yea, it's a huge vanity achievement which I think is cool. If I've still got to work and race people for it why not try to be eligible for it also. I transferred off my server of 5+ years. Been on that server since release, but now it's dying for PvE progression guilds. Applied to another guild and transferred over. Not like I'm going to cheat or blink my eyes to get level 85.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:06 PM ----------

I don't see how it would upset people if they make it so everyone currently on the server at 12:01 are able to get the achievement and any transfers after aren't....