tanking profession?

Hi, i'm wondering what profession i should get on my DK its either alchemy or blacksmithing. i know the classic way to go is blacksmithing but with mixology i can have really nice flasks for a long time and a longer lasting armor potion on myself. are 2 extra gem slots better than the benefits of alchemy?

or has blizzard not did the update for blacksmithing yet, so i should wait it out first?

13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.

Other examples of pointless threads include, but are not limited to:

* Which race should I roll?
    * Which faction is better for me?
    * Which is the best PvE/PvP/... realm?
    * Looking for RAF partner
    Decide for yourself, search function, etc.

Edit to prevent bumpage by me: I'm sure this has been gone over several times. Use the search function and google. Stop being lazy, your situation isn't so unique that it requires a new thread.
    Last edited by Bether; 2010-11-12 at 03:19 AM.
    █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
    This site needs more red.

i really don't see this as pointless, i have no clue if they have updated blacksmithing with any new benefits. I'm thinking about cata here and someone with some input would be helpful

i'm not asking for race or faction, i know your inferring this is a personal decision but when i ask on a forum for pro's vs con's in cata just copy and pasting that this is a pointless thread is going overboard.

blacksmiths benefits already scale with gems, they don't need to be updated.

Bether's post is relevant, as there are many posts about what professions to choose if you just used the search function. Also, if you looked over the professions, you would see that there is such a small gap between stat benefits that unless you are completely min/maxing, you can pick whichever you like.

Do some homework yourself, and make a decision. You'll have more fun if you play the game yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malladin View Post
    blacksmiths benefits already scale with gems, they don't need to be updated.

Bether's post is relevant, as there are many posts about what professions to choose if you just used the search function. Also, if you looked over the professions, you would see that there is such a small gap between stat benefits that unless you are completely min/maxing, you can pick whichever you like.

Do some homework yourself, and make a decision. You'll have more fun if you play the game yourself.
    +1!

Thats really up to if u r a min-maxer that intend to mt some hardcore heroic-raid, or if u r just intending to get a profession thats of use / worth to u all lthe time.

There IS a reason most hardcore-ers got blacksmithing... sockets ... 2* extra gemslots of the stats u need cant be beaten easy.
    BUT, for use and worth.... i would go alchemy any day of the week..

Maby thats just me.... i want a profession thats of use to me that i interact with.
    (I don´t really tank, and prefer healing. I would go the alchemy-way)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly in my mind blacksmithing is boring. It only pertains to a portion of the people out there outside of other profession pieces. Plus, with the extra Satchel of Goods running dungeons and possible loot in the dungeon, there really isn't a big need to make your own gear. In most cases it doesn't even match up to what you receive in the DF until you max it out.

Yes, I know there are few patterns here and there, but overall I would recommend something you can't get anyways unless you pay for it in the AH.