Best gem to sell at 85?

What do you think the best money making gems will be as people hit 85? With WotLK I usually went with the Bold cuts, I'm not sure if anything is different at 85 though. I'm just trying to plan out how I'm going to spend my daily rewards. Or are there any vendors that you need rep to buy the cuts?

Brilliant, Solid, Seer's, Quick, Regal, Fractured, Delicate, Bold, and Artful will probably be solid money-makers. Any of the +40 gems (or, in stamina's case, +60) will most likely be in high demand and then anything with Mastery will probably sell well JUST because people will still be experimenting with it at the beginning of the expansion.

This is just personal opinion and ONLY for the first tier of the expansion. Once we start getting better gear, I'm sure secondary stats will become more and more attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

well the highest volume will probably be the +int cut, although there will be a lot of people able to make them... +str/agi/stam will probably be good too.

strg/agi/stam/int theses will sell like a mofo

10+ Year Old Account
    Some specialty cuts you'll probably want:
    str/hit. Fury warriors and DW Frost DKs love these things. Etched goes in all blue sockets.
    Str/haste. Fury and 2h frost, maybe ret palas too. Yellow sockets. Crit could be better at lower gear levels if crit is too low across the board.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

15+ Year Old Account
    + mastery might be good too.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Not sure how popular stam will be for tanks in cata. Since cata is suppose to be more about slower incoming damage, and reducing the amount of damage you take to help healers save mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stam is actually a threat stat now too because of Vengeance though, so stam is probably still a solid contender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

alot of people will go crazy on Mastery until they realise it's not necessarly the new ArP. I would go with Mastery or a Str/Agi/Int + Mastery first, then go back to the popular ones.

Speaking as a DPS, mastery and hitrating will sell the highest for t11. Mastery will be a consistently strong seller for the entire expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Craz View Post
    Not sure how popular stam will be for tanks in cata. Since cata is suppose to be more about slower incoming damage, and reducing the amount of damage you take to help healers save mana.
    Yes but 99/100 tanks will not know that for the first year of the expantion, and therefore buy stamina gems

Meta gems / Sta / Str / Agility / Int / Hit

But hit the most at the start of cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddishere View Post
    What do you think the best money making gems will be as people hit 85? With WotLK I usually went with the Bold cuts, I'm not sure if anything is different at 85 though. I'm just trying to plan out how I'm going to spend my daily rewards. Or are there any vendors that you need rep to buy the cuts?
    A little bit off-topic, pick the one you will use the most often as your first recipe.
    On topic: hit, mastery, strenght, intellect, stamina, agi. Also, it wouldn't hurt to have a chat with with the other JCs in your guild, so that you don't buy the same recipes as them. This way, you won't have to compete with them and there will be more recipes available in the guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

I think with reforging and all, gems with combo stats will become increasingly less popular. Gems like str/agil/intellect will always sell and those ones in particular are all red.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    the best selling gem will be the one with the highest demand per supply ratio. basically if lots of people want and not many cutters have it, it will be the best gem for u to sell

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree, red gems have "always" been the best sellers and for some reason more valuable too than all the rest.

Str, agil, intellect is gonna rock the AH

Mastery might sell well, though i doubt the pro's will wanna gem it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with the mixed colours for higher profit margins when everyone and their mothers are undercutting each other with +str/+agi/+int. Most peopl will need a mixed gem or two to meet their meta gem requirements, and the raw gems will probably be a little cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I think with reforging and all, gems with combo stats will become increasingly less popular. Gems like str/agil/intellect will always sell and those ones in particular are all red.
    I agree.