Deleted

How does WoW manage Addon Memory?

Hey guys, uh i was wondering how WoW manages Addon memory? Does it save it to my Ram? or onto the harddisk?
    cuz everytime i get over 60mb of addon memory i start lagging.... no idead why, most times its cuz recount uses allotta memory when i forget to reset it.

Or when i want to try one of those fancy ui with bartender and stuff i'm lagging too.

My system:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    8gb ddr2 ram
    2x 1tb hdd 1x500gb hdd
    gtx 470

Addon information should be stored in the ram while playing. You should not be having problems with addon memory usage.

I have 8GB of ram as well and I've had no problems with a previous setup that would use over 120MB during raiding.

Check and make sure it is actually the act of going over 60mb that is the issue, and not that it's a specific addon. Unfortunately, there really aren't a whole lot of troubleshooting addons (heh). Make sure all your addons are up to date, and run bug grabber as well, and see if it is reporting any errors.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

I'm at 120mb (even higher in raid situations) all the time with 8GB of ram and I have no problems.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Memory usage of addons does _NOT_ matter. It's CPU Usage. You probably have an addon that's going crazy on CPU usage.

There are addons designed to measure CPU usage of other addons - WoW allows CPU Profiling, but there's nothing in the base UI that can display cpu usage, which is why addons are needed to measure it.