dk leveling tips?

holla, i am currently leveling ma dk tank, and is it wise to just rush stamina? even if it has +agi etc?
    atm i have 800stamina as a lvl 64 with 11k hp. and had to admit that a dk tank lvling trough LFG is fun and easy

I'm not sure exactly what you mean with the +agi stuff but at long as you can hold threat I don't see a problem with focusing on stam while leveling (note: that I haven't leveled since defense was removed, and stam + def used to be what I primarily focused on)

Use dodge plate whenever you find one, str plate for the rest of the pieces. Agi weapons are fine, but for cloak/rings, etc if you find a dodge one, get it, if not, go with a str one. Stam is not overly important till max lvl.

For tanking instances through Outland, is mitigation really as important as threat management? Would going with mostly DPS gear through outland and then switching to the level 70 crafted tank set be a good idea? Classes in general are OP compared to before, so this probably depends a lot on your heals.
    "I love you guys. Like, seriously. If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting, and I appreciate you caring. Even if you're going kookoo-bananas." - Bashiok

Quote Originally Posted by Ekeln View Post
    For tanking instances through Outland, is mitigation really as important as threat management? Would going with mostly DPS gear through outland and then switching to the level 70 crafted tank set be a good idea? Classes in general are OP compared to before, so this probably depends a lot on your heals.
    Now it is nice to have a little bit of avoidance for RS, but past 4.0.3 it won't matter a whole lot.

Gear isnt as important during outlands.
    Just keep in mind that you should do some quests once in northrend to get some gear or your healers might be a little angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Don't equip anything other than plate, due to Plate Specialization you gain 5% additional total stamina.

As others have said, leveling dungeons don't require much defensive stats... as long as you have Strength, Stamina, Plate Armor and the correct Spec and Presence, you'll be fine.

You only need to take Dodge and Parry into consideration once you hit 80 and start doing heroics.

That being said, im currently tanking Heroics every day in T10 DPS gear and healers havn't noticed and/or complained

Just know when to use your cooldowns and you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Ikkatsu; 2010-11-15 at 12:20 PM.

If you run into quests that require "5-man", just pop army of dead and commence faceroll...thats what I did

Quote Originally Posted by Ferogen View Post
    If you run into quests that require "5-man", just pop army of dead and commence faceroll...thats what I did
    AotD is a level 80 ability...

No-one quests at Level 80 unless they are doing so for Reputation and/or Achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    AotD is a level 80 ability...
    Also since the Dk now has a designated tank tree, it makes tanking much easier. Like above post make sure that you are only wearing plate gear as there is a 5% stam bonus for doing so. There is not many pieces that have agi on plate so I do not believe that would be an issue. Lastly for leveling through dungeons just make sure you are keeping threat, the healer should have no problem keeping you alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu View Post
    Just know when to use your cooldowns and you'll be fine.
    This. Being a healer main myself, this is huge for DK tanks. I have a MUCH harder time keeping up DK tanks who don't use their CDs properly, or just don't use them at all.

Deleted
    Remember to put rune of swordshattering onto your weapon change it to stoneskill gargoyle when you get it

What would be the best spec to use to level via tanking random dungeons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bro man dude View Post
    What would be the best spec to use to level via tanking random dungeons?
    Possibly the Tank spec (Blood)