Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reforging for speed heroics as a tank

Alright Just wanting to know opinions here this is just for fun trying to get 4k JP asap, and not alot of my guildies like doing heroics anymore which is understandable, my gear is pretty good pretty much 277 and 264 tier because I have terrible luck. So is it better to reforge to crit or haste to do the most bear dps I dont care that much about threat and im capped for expertise and hit quite easily I just want to see that best way to do it. Survivability and avoidance are a non issue. Also as a side note going to be tanking mostly in Cata but also feral dpsing your opinions on going troll or not?

Generally speaking you'll first want to make sure you put on DPS gear first. Particularly trinkets, but also swap out armor rings/necks for more traditional dps pieces. If you have some offset pieces with Agi gems instead of Sta gems they should be swapped in. You really only need like 50k HP to breeze through a heroic with almost no chance of death ( maybe a bit more for ICC5 with bads). Also make sure you're hit/expertise capped ( cap to remove parry too if you like) for lvl 82s. And then I'd say stack crit over haste since only effects white swings. you're unlikely to be always crit capped as a bear so nothing wrong with dropping haste for crit.

Just out of curiosity what is the crit cap anyway I am at about 65% without reforging.

Crit cap is 75% because you have a 25% chance of glancing. I think thats on melee and its even higher on special moves. Haste is going to do next to nothing for you, so just stack crit anyways. Even better, more crit will give you more savage defense so you'll be even less killable.

focus on agi and crit, I don't think the crit cap is a big deal with bear. I'm pretty sure white damage is a small portion of overall damage. Get a feel for your healer and go cat sometimes in the easy heroics after getting good threat.

But its a lot funner to outdps dps while in bear form.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like to put on Deathbringer's Will and laugh at dumb people, saying I'm a noob for not being in bear form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Just wear your cat gear. Depending on the heroic, I've sustained as high as 7k overall as tank. My cat gear isn't so hot, mostly 264s. It is reforged to mastery for cat dps. My spec is a cat/bear hybrid.

catgear, tankspec, catform, nuke. Mobs'll be dead before you take any real damage.

Yup, I do this for fun. I have full 271-277, with a few 264 pieces, gemmed with agi, and agi/crit, I'm fulled reforged for cat PvE, which also is fully reforged while tanking heroics. I have about 62% crit in bear, 19% haste. And any pull with more than 3 mobs, I'm usually around 8-9k dps. On bosses I just go cat and pop Berserk, and usually get 11-13k dps, the longer the fight, the higher the DPS since bleeds will get to ramp up. I still have a bear spec tho, not very different anymore when in cat, so you still do stupid amounts of DPS haha.

tl;dr Cat gear + bear spec = profit = always top DPS = Lots of jaws on the floor and praises from your groups.

If you're going to stay in bear form that cat gear mastery isn't helping dps, but I suppose it doesn't matter.

Everyone keeps saying cat gear/bear gear...Where have you been since patch 4.0.1? Bear and cats wear 90% of the same gear. Bears want Agility neck/cloak/rings nowadays. The only MAJOR difference are trinkets.

So if you want to speed run heroics. Gem all agility, switch to cat trinkets, stay bear specced since there is no DPS increase for going cat, and don't I'd say reforge crit, but only because you say survivability doesn't matter at all. I personally would reforge to mastery and just ignore the healer and solo the heroic with my DPS com padres.

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    Everyone keeps saying cat gear/bear gear...Where have you been since patch 4.0.1? Bear and cats wear 90% of the same gear. Bears want Agility neck/cloak/rings nowadays. The only MAJOR difference are trinkets.

So if you want to speed run heroics. Gem all agility, switch to cat trinkets, stay bear specced since there is no DPS increase for going cat, and don't I'd say reforge crit, but only because you say survivability doesn't matter at all. I personally would reforge to mastery and just ignore the healer and solo the heroic with my DPS com padres.
    the difference between cat and bear gear is obvs. bear gear is stacked with stam, cat gear with agi. so they are saying, put on cat gear, and but bear (stam gear) in bank.

Cat & bear gear are gemmed & enchanted differently.

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    catgear, tankspec, catform, nuke. Mobs'll be dead before you take any real damage.
    agreee
    I use my cat gear [non heroic gear] and only switch some stam trinkets if needed... but you wont need to.
    I have around 50% mastery so savage roar absorbs a lot

I very occasionally run heroics as tank, and I havnt used bear spec or gear since I cant remember when. think about, 31k selfbuffed in cat form. you can "tank" it like that if you want to, avoidance is high enough. however, no taunts are available, so powershift etc. for what its worth, Im pretty much full ilvl264 and havnt bothered to redo my tank spec

the best way to run a fast heroic is to be in cat gear, bear spec. cat form or bear form according to the pack you're pulling... the more agi you got the more dodge you get, the less you get hit.
    GearScore - is directly related to Skill; the More you care about it, the Less you have.
    GearScore - is like a Bikini; what it shows is Suggestive, what it hides is far more Important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaku View Post
    What? Savage Roar doesn't absorb anything. Savage Defense does, but that is only active in bearform. Cats get Razor Claws, which is damage done by bleeds. You don't get SD in catform just because you spec tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukaku View Post
    agreee
    I use my cat gear [non heroic gear] and only switch some stam trinkets if needed... but you wont need to.
    isnt 50% mastery the standard? and it increases, or something low like that? so basically you have about 10-12 rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleetfox View Post
    tl;dr Cat gear + bear spec = profit = always top DPS = Lots of jaws on the floor and praises from your groups.
    This
    Signatures are overrated.