Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol GG stealing that from the "Light of Dawn at 85" thread. ;P

if you want scaling to gear, then go play Everquest. I would like to feel like I get stronger over time, not equal at all times to everything else I fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha this made me day
    Whats a signature?

Lol that was fantastic. Might be my #1 wow fan art item.

Deleted
    Meh, LK WILL happen in pugs easily aswell imo. just let the patches flow and once u have dps with 200k+ health u wont even have to heal defile, let alone catch more than 1 or 2 per fight... I highly doubt this would be possible till tier 12.5+ though.

off topic: you have tirion in the wrong place if those are the steps of the frozen throne in the back.

on topic: This is so true and will continue to be true for all old content (id love to see a 85 pugg on yogg that has no clue on his mechanics) at least all content that isnt way behind.

This reminds me of a raid on Al'ar a few months back.
    Me, my Brother, and two friends I had known for a little while who were also end game in TBC raiders organised a pug to Tempest Keep. The 4 of us knew exactly what to do, and the 20 people we invited, all of them 80 barring a couple of 70s (A tank and a healer, alts of friends) all assured us they knew tactics. Why, why did we take their word for it. Sure a couple of them genuinely were good players and knew the tactics. Both 70's had missed Tempest Keep when we ran it for progression, but had read up on tactics.
    Having 8 80's and 2 70's out of 25 people knowing what to do is not enough.

After running around like headless chickens for the first 5 minutes of the fight, not bothering to attack adds, jumping down the ramps for no apparent reason, and having all but me, my friend, one of my guildies, and the two 70's die, we got him down the first phase.
    When he hit 0% the entire raid starting spamming raid chat saying, and I quote some of the ones that stuck with me,
    "LOL WE FUCKIN OWN THIS SHIT."
    "hahahahahahaha winlol bitch bird."
    "HELL YEAH WE ROCK THIS NOOB."
    I mean, they were really proud that the majority of them had died against a level 70 raid boss, thinking they had killed it.
    As the few of us who actually knew the fight had been telling them all the time that they needed to do it properly, because even at 80 we could be killed if we didn't do it right, we got a lot of stick in the regions of "you must have failed raiding at TBC noob" and "nolife know it alls" and "you dont need tactics at 80lol noobs." It was fun to see their
    "WTF OMG" as it ressed for the second phase.

That moment when I bubble hearthed, getting to say "I told you so. Next time, lead the raid yourselves, of course being 80s you will steamroll this place, no? Good luck at getting Ashes" was so very, very rewarding.
    Scrubs will always be scrubs, or immature kids will be immature kids. If I see people who die to their own stupidity, I am thankful for the chance to laugh at them.
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2010-11-12 at 09:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screw that, HP pools will be so obscenely high that heals can just heal through a room filled with defile. Every encounter can be brute forced when done right... or just completely outgear/lvl the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    Screw that, HP pools will be so obscenely high that heals can just heal through a room filled with defile. Every encounter can be brute forced when done right... or just completely outgear/lvl the place.
    Pretty sure you can't do that with Malygos' third phase. Bads will be bads.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lawl. Truth.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by zael View Post
    Except that you'll have ten people on a platform meant to support 25, Defile only deals 5000 damage on heroic mode to begin with and people will have health pools in the hundreds of thousands.

Never mind if you bring a single Disc Priest who's shields will absorb a lot of the damage, giving even the most brain dead moron time enough to move out before the Defile begins to expand.

Blizzard really needs to remove the title achievement, unless you want to see xXxHuntrMan420BudsxXx the Light of Dawn.
    Kingslayer maybe, not Light of Dawn. You don't simply outgear shadow trap.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine pugs will be able to faceroll heroic lich king of they stack ranged dps to burn LK during the phase transitions...this trivializes the true mechanics of the fight.

In cata all the WoTLK titles will be removed.

Deleted
    well it is normal..gear gets better, people level up..
    I too think that soloing molten core trivialized the true mechanics of each fight, but it's only natural :P

Back on topic, I too think lk will be doable by brute force..maybe hm will be harder because of the shadow traps mechanics but I don't see how a lv 85 could fail in icc tbh, especially with the new health pools

By the way, I love malygos. Pugging that raid with some of the best geared scrubs from the best guild, and be one of the few still standing in the end, if not the one, is rewarding

It's, erm, Tirion - not "Tiron".

At SOME point they will be able to outheal defile.
    Some day, PUGs will have their REVENGE!

Its funny cause its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    At SOME point they will be able to outheal defile.
    Some day, PUGs will have their REVENGE!
    Hahahahaha. Did you think they had forgotten. Did you think they had forgiven?
    Behold now, the terrible vengeance of the Scrub puggers!
    Death to old content, and Death to all tactics!

Hahahahahaha.
    Now. All can see. This, is the expansion, of the facerollers.

amidoinitrite?

Quote Originally Posted by Soahar View Post
    Nah the fight I see messing people up is BloodQueen bring too many people who don't know what they are doing, or not enough people to kill her before you run out of people to bite and all of the sudden that fight gets a lot harder.
    We did it the other day on ten man heroic after the person who got bit disconnected, did no damage and then got mind controlled and we killed him.
    So we had no bonus vampire damage at all.
    I don't think that will be hard at 85.