10+ Year Old Account

New quests for the pre-Cata event

I just noticed that there's two new quests available in Stormwind, on the EU servers:

[A Gathering in Outland] and [Show Me Your Papers]

A Gathering in Outland:

Objective:
    Speak with Gavan Grayfeather at the Throne of Elements in Nagrand.

Quest description:
    Greetings, mage. The elements have grown more restless and we seem to be making little progress to a solution for this problem. Some of our wisest shaman have gathered in Nagrand at the Throne of Elements to discuss what ails our land.

Head to the Throne of Elements and speak with Gavan Grayfeather, he will surely have some task for you.

Show Me Your Papers:

Objective:
    Go to the front gates of Stormwind, read King Wrynn's Proclamation and search 5 Stormwind Citizens. Keep anything suspicious that you find.
    • Stormwind Citizens searched 0/5
    • Read King Wrynn's Proclamation

Quest description:
    After your work in dealing with the Twilight's Hammer cult, Captain Anton recommended you for a delicate assignment.

My men recently discovered a group of cultists attempting to sneak into the city. The flow of traffic into the Stormwind has come to a halt. The king has decreed that all visitors must be searched before they can enter the gates. Take this copy of his proclamation and read it to the people assembled at the front gates, then assist the guards there in searching those who wish to enter.

Follow-up to Show Me Your Papers:

Arrest the Infiltrators:

Objective:
    Use the Heavy Manacles to arrest 5 Cultist Infiltrators and bring them to Warden Thelwater the Stockade. After you've returned with your prisoners, question one of the Detained Cultists in the Stockade.
    • Arrested Cultists brought to Stockade 0/5
    • Question Detained Cultist

Quest description:
    You were right to bring this note to me, Neberius. The king's proclamation came too late; they already have infiltrators at work in the city.

This note contains instructions and locations for cultists to meet, but it doesn't say what they're doing. Our enemies have grown smarter. It's going to be tough to track down all the infiltrators, but we have to get as many as we can. Use these cuffs to restrain any agents you find, bring them to the entrance of the Stockade, and report to me when you're finished.

Follow-up to Arrest the Infiltrators:

Back Under Cover:

Objective:
    Put on your Recruit's Robe, go to Mirror Lake Orchard and get the Book of Incantations from Overseer Sylandra. Read from the Book of Incantations near the Cultist Altar to practice the ritual.
    • Practice Cultist Ritual 0/1
    • Book of Incantations 0/1

Quest description:
    The cultists seem assured of their victory, even as we detain more and more of them. We must find out more about the ritual mentioned by the cultist you questioned.

These rituals seem to be the core of the cult's plan to attack Stormwind. I'm going to give you one of the robes taken from the arrested cultists. Put it on and go back to the cultist outpost at Mirror Lake Orchard in Elwynn Forest and see if you can get the cultists there to let you in on the plan.

Follow-up to Back Under Cover:

I Said the Words...:

Objective:
    Disrupt the cultist rituals in the Dwarven District, the Park, and the Cathedral District by reading the incorrect words from the Book of Incantations.
    • Disrupt Dwarven District Ritual 0/1
    • Disrupt Cathedral Square Ritual 0/1
    • Disrupt Park Ritual 0/1

Quest description
    Now that you're familiar with the ritual, it's time for you to perform it in the city. Dozens of our brethren have already infiltrated the city and made their way to the ritual sites.

I want you to visit the portal ritual sites in Stormwind's Dwarven District, Park district, and Cathedral Square. The teams there will have made most of the preparations and all you need to is read the last part of the incantation from the book.

Very soon, Neberius, Stormwind will find itself awash in wind and water.
    Last edited by Spellweaver; 2010-11-13 at 01:09 AM.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan