Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hey, heres an idea for this thread... DROP IT. Wait and QQ when the game goes live and you have actually tried the new system. At any rate nobody is forcing you to do rated BGs, regular bgs will still be available. Not to mention you have to have a premade group to do rated, and I doubt your ohell we failed already attitude will get you in one.

Quote Originally Posted by woxingma View Post
    Anyone serious about PvE knows that you always level up the profession that gives you the biggest edge. So why not in arenas?
    Because some classes benefit more from other classes (For example, Mages benefit more from rocket boots than a Rogue would).
    Besides, even if you are serious about PVE you don't have to level the best professions, not even if you are in a guild that goes for world R1 kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Archer View Post
    I will state the case of how Rated BGs were stolen from BGers and is now being given to the Arena players. Following Ill give proof that this is the case.

By BGers you mean.. people that can't cut it in arena, that's why they are considered rated Battlegrounds, you get to keep normal Battlegrounds, and the new PvP gear has no rating requirement.

This happened when it became clear that many many people liked that Rated BGs were being added and alot of old timers were reactivating their accounts for them. At this point Blizzard had what they saw as a problem because so many pvpers hate Arena that they were afraid the only ones doing Arena would be the diehard Arena fans.

If you hate arena you are not a PvPer, PvP has been balanced around arena in this game for the past two expansions.

Obviously this bothers the Devs because the main one in charge of PvP , Kalgan, is a huge advocate of Arena. But at same time they have to put in Rated bgs because so many people wanted access to top tier weapons via BGs because many prefer bgs over arena and felt they shouldnt be punished for it.

This style of BG is so that people who are good get to play against other people who are good, in a different medium.

So what does Blizzard do? They get all the BGers excited about rateds and then proceed to work to bring back Isle of Que style world pv and add in another Wintergrasp. All things that the bulk of Pvpers prefer over Arena. So after everyone is excited and deciding to either stick around for Cat or reactivate? They start manipulating the Rateds to cater to Arena players. I give you proof

1. Battle for Gilneas: What should be a 40v40 BG is not. Its a 10 man which is just ridiculous. It should have been at least 15.

2. Twin Peaks: What should be a 15v15 BG is not. Its a 10 man. Its WSG rehashed and perhaps even made into a more of a stricter strat ala arena.

Taking out abilities like engineering tools make BGs more fair to everyone who would play in them, so that you are not forced to be an engineer to compete.

Let me explain. The only oddball in the bunch below is WSG as it should be.
    WSG-10 man
    AB -15 man
    EOTS-15 man
    SotA- 15 man
    AV- 40 man
    IoC- 40 man

Heres how this caters to Arena players. 10 man BGs are much more structered and require strict comps unlike 15 where you are more flexible and flexible doesnt mean lame it means it opens the bg to more randomness. Which is in fact HARDER to deal with than strict comps. 10 man BGs are much much more like Arena than 15s or 40s. Its basically 2 arena teams. Besides 15 would have made it easier for guilds to constantly run BGs most weeks.

Smaller groups means more diverse sets of groups can queue together. If there were large BG teams as you want it, there would end up being 4 hour queues and 4-5 teams queuing at a time.

3. No Consumables or Engineering items. WTF. I mean really. Why the hell would you do that unless you are catering to the Arena crowd.

This is called balance, it makes the game more fair.

4. Removing 25 man rateds. Again this caters to the Arena crowd. 2 less weeks of no ten man arena style bgs. I dont know how many of you have ever been in premade AVs squaring off but its the best BGing you will ever encounter. Sadly its pretty rare the past couple years.

And with your version would be even more rare.

Arena people hate randomness. They hate chaos. They hate anything other than strict comps with strict movements. Its a twitch game for them. They dont want to think they only want to react. In Arena for every Action there is a set reaction. Its garbage. In BGs you cant predict whats going to happen. Their is no set strat because you never know what you are going to face. Thats what makes BGs so much better than Arenas. Id say that Blizzard just doesnt get that but I dont actually believe that. I think they know exactly what they are doing. They are just trying to leech off the BGers by converting the BGs to cater to them.

You say that, but have you ever tried executing that reaction? Easier said than done. Arena is a malleable creature.

Honestly I could probably stomach the 10 mans even though it really pisses me off that they manipulated the BG people like that but the consumables and engineering removal is too much. I am honestly not buying Cat for either one of my accounts until that is removed and my accounts will be canceled. I have no motivation to play nor have i for very long time but i kept my accounts active for no good reason. I was thinking of quitting wow for good until i heard about rateds.

There are a lot of players who follow your example and only fight when everything is tilted in their favor, Blizzard doesn't want this, so go vendor your Free Action Potions.. which I'm sure you have.

Kalgan/Blizz...Get your Arena crap the f*** out of my BGs. Stop manipulating WoWs pvp landscape to cater to you personally, it was bad enough that you ruined UO pvp. Leave the BGs alone. Leave it as anything goes. Put the 2 new bgs to 15 per side. Then go sit with a few of your buddies and kill each other over and over in Arena.

Kudos to Kalgan for making the right choice. Why just arena BTW? Some of my friends and I like to have several hour long duels when we have some time free from RL, we stop at 5% and keep going, it's great practice.

BG Fans, Strike and Petition now or pay later. Tell Blizzard we dont want their Arena crap in our BGs. Demand the new BGs go to 15 man to Break the Arena mold. WSG should remain a niche bg like the 40s.

Yeah, you still get normal BGs, enjoy.

Some of you might disagree with me on this but I am telling you these moves are done ENTIRELY with Arena people in mind. Screw that. They already have Arenas.

Do you think we enjoyed the BGs as they were? It was boring and aweful, 2 or 3 of us in there and we never lost, never died, always top on damage or healing. Now we finally get the opportunity to play against people of the same level, don't mess it up for us. Not that you could. It was boring.
    That's right. There will be a 2600+ arena team at every node, everyone will be on Skype, there will be perfect coordination, strategy, and casuals won't get end tier weapons or gear skins.

Which is how it should be.

If you spend the effort to be better, you get rewarded for it.

That's life, and it's good that Blizzard is following that model.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2010-11-19 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woxingma View Post
    Anyone serious about PvE knows that you always level up the profession that gives you the biggest edge. So why not in arenas?
    Exactly. The irony of this is engineering usually isnt that profession for raiding

Exactly. The irony of this is engineering usually isnt that profession for raiding
    j/k BiS profession for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    That's right. There will be a 2600+ arena team at every node, everyone will be on Skype, there will be perfect coordination, strategy, and casuals won't get end tier weapons or gear skins.

Which is how it should be.

If you spend the effort to be better, you get rewarded for it.

That's life, and it's good that Blizzard is following that model.
    Whats this skype and vent thing people keep talking about?
    Strats? whats a strat? I thought we just ran around the road in AB and fought anyone near a bridge.
    Yeah guilds that do heavy premades have no idea how to coordinate. We just randomly run around and everyone decides for themselves what group they are in and where to go.

Strats? whats a strat? I thought we just ran around the road in AB and fought anyone near a bridge.
    Yeah guilds that do heavy premades have no idea how to coordinate. We just randomly run around and everyone decides for themselves what group they are in and where to go.
    At least you admit it.

Your entire post illustrates your fear of not being able to compete against high end arena players.

And you won't be able to, but luckily you won't queue against them for long either.

Edit: I can't convey tone of voice on the internet, but I assure you this is all said with a calm and matter of fact state of mind.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2010-11-19 at 10:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokzman View Post
    I totally agree.
    I HATE ARENA!
    I HATE 10 v 10 BGS
    I LIKE using engi items.

BG is BG and ARENA is ARENA! Rated Bgs should be RATED BGs and not a 10 v 10 arena match.
    Arena is Meh
    BG is
    Engineering <3

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    At least you admit it.

Your entire post illustrates your fear of not being able to compete against high end arena players.

And you won't be able to, but luckily you won't queue against them for long either.

Edit: I can't convey tone of voice on the internet, but I assure you this is all said with a calm and matter of fact state of mind.
    Don't try to reason with him. Just about every logical / reasonable post in here has been ignored, thus this thread's nearly one thousand posts.

Please, troll harder, and if that was sarcasm, you can't detect it over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!
    this a billion times.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    IF YOU CAN'T COMPETE IN ARENAS YOU AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN RATED BGS!! LEARN TO PLAY!!!

Most good Arena players stopped playing wow after TBC ended. Arena this expansion was a joke. Cant wait to kill bad 'Glads' in rateds and lol@them

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is a never ending argument. this is what blizz is doing. get over it. do your normal bgs and be happy with your normal gear. you do have the option of doing rated bgs and arena like everyone else. just because you dont like them doesnt mean your entitled to the same gear as the people who actually accept the terms blizz has set.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    this is a never ending argument. this is what blizz is doing. get over it. do your normal bgs and be happy with your normal gear. you do have the option of doing rated bgs and arena like everyone else. just because you dont like them doesnt mean your entitled to the same gear as the people who actually accept the terms blizz has set.
    Where is the like button. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally was never a fan of arenas. Does that mean I hate small, more focused fights with "skill"? Not at all, I personally prefer a massive scale fight involving 10-15-40 people. Does that mean I will hate rated bgs because of the "skill" that will be involved? Hell no, I'm looking forward to a good battleground fight that is of a massive scale. I will admit that I did not like the fact that I /had/ to do arena's in order to get pvp weapons, but I understand why that was implemented. So rated bgs will be a nice change of pace for those who do like being competitive, but in a bigger scale.

Just because one does not like arena does not instantly make him a future failure in rated bgs.

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Whats harder? A match between 4 or 6 or 10 good pvpers or a match between 30? The more going on the harder it is. Add in consumables and professions its even harder. But arena people are too dumb to understand that. Guess it takes too much common sense to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Rystastic View Post
    Being punished for being a small guild is cool amirite?

But no, making so that a small (10-15) player guild could actually participate every week is totally catering to those 3v3 teams.
    You haven't heard anything about the guild rep coming out, have you? They're not supporting small guilds outside of pvp so why would they even think of small guilds regarding pvp?
    They're not keeping you from joining a bigger guild. It's called a MMO for a reason. They wouldn't be punishing small guilds.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whats harder? A match between 4 or 6 or 10 good pvpers or a match between 30? The more going on the harder it is. Add in consumables and professions its even harder. But arena people are too dumb to understand that. Guess it takes too much common sense to understand.
    this is what blizz is doing. get over it. now your just raging.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eiiga View Post
    You haven't heard anything about the guild rep coming out, have you? They're not supporting small guilds outside of pvp so why would they even think of small guilds regarding pvp?
    They're not keeping you from joining a bigger guild. It's called a MMO for a reason. They wouldn't be punishing small guilds.
    ya they havnt posted anything official, anything at this point is speculation.

Wow, your ignorance has scaled to a whole new level...

15+ Year Old Account
    This is quite enough.