Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Shadow: Why do we keep playing/paying?

We experienced it in Wotlk for a long time, not until middle of expansion we got "fixed".

I understand ppl enjoying spriest on live, but enjoy it while you can...

Been playing spriest in bgs on beta now and this is how I sum it up:

1. We do about same amount of damage at 85 as today on live. 5 levels and no damage increase. And everyone else did, and they also got huge amount of hp.

2. Our self heals are nerfed to the ground. No damage increase on DP also means no buff in self heals, rather the opposite.

3. Cd's/burst. Well, we do have some kind of cds: dispersion is still our way to survive. Shadowfiend damage is lower than live, but still useful since you need to hide a lot in bgs and then hit shadowfiend on enemy is at least something we can do. Mana is also an issue pvp.
    Archangel burst is not really much of a burst. Numbers are higher while using it. However, tried combo with it and mind spike spam and 5k/hit is just lol. Did it on a warrior and he self healed himself up most of it. We are back to just tickle ppl with our damage, not as on live when our dots and stuff actually burn.
    3 orbs can give us 18k mindblast hits, but from what I heard ppl with mastery on gear on live get same numbers. We get a small amount of damage increase on dots afterwards but nothing impressive.

Pretty much, we are very weak in pvp atm... probably weakest in game. We can top damage done in bgs but that's because we can't kill stuff... but we use everything we have whenever we can. Ppl just don't die of it.

Why are we treated like this? Is not the first time, and from what I've heard TBC was about the same as Wotlk and now Cata comes and surprise, surprise: we are given the worst treatment.

Why do we accept this?
    What on earth is Blizzards problem with spriests?

If the world was smaller we should gather up, all shadowpriests, and say: Hey blizz, we won't play until you give us some real attention instead of working on every single class instead of us in every single expansion. We are sick and tired and so on.
    But world isn't small enough for that.

Why do we keep playing?
    I love spriest, we all probably do. They have fun playstyle.
    But why are we so patient? Why do we live on hope and wait for spriest to be mentioned in blues?
    Have most of you just accepted it? You know that this is the way of spriest, and if you play one don't count on getting attention and fast fixes? (just fast nerfs?)

Some of you probably say, I know you did before Wotlk was released: Hey, it's just a beta... wait for live!
    But many of us did that time... and we all know how it went. Fast fixes from beta to live?
    So there you go again "wait, hope and see".
    But why is it just spriest that have to do this?

Man up spriests, don't we deserve better?
    (I man up in pink, might work as well).

You haven't heard about enhancement shamans have you?

Other classes have more problems than you do. Suck it up.

A lot of time and effort put into your post, but realize you're gonna get a ton of flames for this. Shrugs. My priest is Disc, not Shadow. I dunno what to tell ya.

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprunky View Post
    At least they got bursty wolves being in the way for ppl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprunky View Post
    This.
    Originally Posted by Rukah

It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayin'

/signed Spriest always get bad treatment, because of the qq'ers on forums "spriest cant do good dmg there hybrid class nerf them" but they dont mind druids,pallys, shamans, all doing huge dps (i no melee shaman is a bit of a stitch atm)

Although I appreciate the though it looks like you put into this post, it IS still in beta. There's other classes that feel the same way, that blizz hasn't even looked at them yet. I'm sure any drastic differences in dps will be balanced, they won't just sit back and let a spec do 50% damage less then everyone. When we start raiding or doing rated bg's at 85 a post like this, if the information is correct can actually be taken seriously. Until then you are just QQ post #9927482893. If you really have good ideas or serious concerns about class mechanics, I'd suggest posting on official forums, because there is a chance, albeit a small one that someone important will actually read it, and maybe do something about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcritoriousx View Post
    /signed Spriest always get bad treatment, because of the qq'ers on forums "spriest cant do good dmg there hybrid class nerf them" but they dont mind druids,pallys, shamans, all doing huge dps (i no melee shaman is a bit of a stitch atm)
    I read in blues you are promised buffs to same melee damage as others, we didn't get any such thing :P

Frankly, it's not just shadow priests.

Also, yes. Wait for live.

If you're looking for mad killing blows.. well, I don't know what to tell you, but in one breath you say shadow priests can't do much damage, yet in the next breath state they can top BG damage. Sorry but you're not really making much sense with that.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but you have not got the biggest problems of all the classes. In Wrath of the Lich King, elemental shaman remained low on the charts for almost the whole expansion (from Ulduar).
    And you know, it's on purpose they didn't increase damage. Cataclysm PvP is not like Wrath of the Lich King PvP. The combat is slowed down, meaning it'll take longer for you to kill someone.
    People in raids are doing like 10-13k dps? So you can see, no class has recieved any big damage increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M4d2m0A View Post
    Although I appreciate the though it looks like you put into this post, it IS still in beta. There's other classes that feel the same way, that blizz hasn't even looked at them yet. I'm sure any drastic differences in dps will be balanced, they won't just sit back and let a spec do 50% damage less then everyone. When we start raiding or doing rated bg's at 85 a post like this, if the information is correct can actually be taken seriously. Until then you are just QQ post #9927482893. If you really have good ideas or serious concerns about class mechanics, I'd suggest posting on official forums, because there is a chance, albeit a small one that someone important will actually read it, and maybe do something about it.
    They did let us be terrible for a long time in wotlk, we all remember it. Some ppl even ended up not raiding cause of guild had other priorities than friendly gestures. There were forum posts all the time, our problems were noticed but it took a long time before the fix. And even just before they decided to "fix" they said that shadowpriests were fine.
    And here they go, they are doing it again.
    However, we do get hits with nerf bat faster than any other class, I don't understand why that is the case.
    Cata is being released soon, and we are still standing here with nothing. Same old story.

Sure, it's QQ... but it's just unfair that we always get this treatment. And why do we always need patience and understanding?

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 09:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quakereject View Post
    Frankly, it's not just shadow priests.

Also, yes. Wait for live.

If you're looking for mad killing blows.. well, I don't know what to tell you, but in one breath you say shadow priests can't do much damage, yet in the next breath state they can top BG damage. Sorry but you're not really making much sense with that.
    We can spam dots on many targets, if we hide. Sums up in a bit of damage.. noone dies of it. But then ofc, if you are in smaller groups fighting, be lucky to end up in the middle.

From what people tell me many classes do the same damage..And spriests being one of the biggest pain in the ass on live right seems normal to be that way at 85 honestly Ive seen many beta pvp videos and the dmg is the same and take to note On beta players have the new season gear from premades = More resil and Hp compared to live so don't take what players are doing on live compared to the health pools they have on there

SPANDEXMAN HOOOOOOOOOO

Shadowpriests are fine on beta, I'm currently in it. They were fine in wrath too, aside from season 5. Patch 3.2 and 3.3 didn't "fix" shadowpriests, it made playing the class a joke so that idiots could boost their rating in arena by about 600. Try improving rather than asking for buffs.

Bye

In my experience, if you play this game only for 1 spec of 1 class, and only for 1 aspect of the game, you should quit. This game is not about spriests being good in pvp. If you play a priest and want to play as shadow you suffer the consequences. You have a decent pve build and a good dps for pve but you're not that good in pvp. That's a freakin fact and you have to deal with it. I'm serious about it. Let's take every class: Balance druids sucked in pvp in wotlk but hey were much better dpsers then feral, frost dk's again in wotlk not that great in pvp good in pve, elemental shaman same thing (i won't go into the enhancement issue since it was situational for different brackets), priests had shadow, warriors had fury which didn't generate rage at all in pvp, paladins had prot which was pretty useless in real pvp fights (allthough some may say oh noes prot paladins rock, at high brackets and ratings they sucked hard, but of course they do, they're a tank class), mages had arcane which wasn't the best in pvp aswell. I know some of the specs i mentioned above are better then the others but bottom line is each spec has it's use.
    If you want another explanation for why shadow isn't good for everything, you have to see the fact that priests are considered a non-hybrid class. Non-hybrid classes are classed on which different roles are based on. So we have priests for healing, hunters for ranged phisical dps, rogues for melee dps, mages for spell casters, and warriors for tanks. The priest beeing the pure healer in this game, of course it's gonnna have much more beneficial things from the healing trees then from shadow.
    Last but not least i'll show you my personal experience. I play a prot paladin as main. On your example it means i should complain that prot paladins aren't as good as arms warriors in pvp, and start qq-ing about it cuz since vanilla prot paladins sucked in pvp. It's EXACTLY the same thing trust me. It's a spec for my paladin, which has a role. That role is for tanking, and it was set like this since TBC (cuz you can't really say paladins were tanking in classic wow).
    Bottom line is try to understand ( you and everyone else who's reading this), it's not about you being ignored, or your class being ignored, it's all about roles and diversity. I'm pretty sure you'd all complain if i dunno.. frost mages were toping dps metters and toping the pvp charts aswell. So think about it before you make an acuzation like that because it's obvious to me you didn't see the whole perspective.
    Last but not least, a priest has 3 specs, if you want to be good in pvp, spec disc and deal with it, if you want to play shadow in pvp even though the spec is not good for it then play shadow. Cheers

mate i'm not going to tell you you're wrong and shadow priests aren't broken cause i'm not on the beta.

however I am going to tell you to grow up. If shadow priests are broken do you honestly think blizzard wants them to be broken? If shadow priests have all these mana issues and are unable to do competitive damage in PvE and PvP do you honestly think its going to stay that way? Do you honestly in all serious think that the devs just 'hate' some classes / specs and make them bad on purpose?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions you are a complete brain dead moron give me your beta key thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Menismyforte View Post
    Shadowpriests are fine on beta, I'm currently in it. They were fine in wrath too, aside from season 5. Patch 3.2 and 3.3 didn't "fix" shadowpriests, it made playing the class a joke so that idiots could boost their rating in arena by about 600. Try improving rather than asking for buffs.

Bye
    Being punished for popping out and providing Heals as a Hybrid Support Class is extremely far from fine.
    How are you punished?
    Flash Heal heals for roughly 10k, 5-6k Mana. People hit for 10k. In order to provide support heals, you need to cast at least 2-3, if not more. Thats 15k Mana on a 80k Mana pool, added with Shadows harsh mana management as is.

As to the OP, Priests are just in a bad state across the board, and its known by top-end PVPers, as well as having been posted and recognized by Blizzard.
    Its more of a sit back, wait, and have faith that they are fixed enough for Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menismyforte View Post

Bye
    I understand the joy of being good playing an underdog class.
    However, it's not fair having same gear as other and knowing it's just class being bad is while you are lacking on numbers, And classes with worse gear hit harder just because they are stronger.
    If each player is equally good, spriests will fall behind if we remain having bad design or stacking badly with gear.

But how do you define: fine?
    Explain what's good about us. Would be interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumnqt View Post
    Being punished for popping out and providing Heals as a Hybrid Support Class is extremely far from fine.
    How are you punished?
    Flash Heal heals for roughly 10k, 5-6k Mana. People hit for 10k. In order to provide support heals, you need to cast at least 2-3, if not more. Thats 15k Mana on a 80k Mana pool, added with Shadows harsh mana management as is.

As to the OP, Priests are just in a bad state across the board, and its known by top-end PVPers, as well as having been posted and recognized by Blizzard.
    Its more of a sit back, wait, and have faith that they are fixed enough for Cataclysm.
    You're complaining because you can only heal for what people hit for every 1 second and not heal for more than the damage they do? Oh, ok. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    mate i'm not going to tell you you're wrong and shadow priests aren't broken cause i'm not on the beta.

however I am going to tell you to grow up. If shadow priests are broken do you honestly think blizzard wants them to be broken? If shadow priests have all these mana issues and are unable to do competitive damage in PvE and PvP do you honestly think its going to stay that way? Do you honestly in all serious think that the devs just 'hate' some classes / specs and make them bad on purpose?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions you are a complete brain dead moron give me your beta key thanks.
    I thought you already were on the beta =) Then you should also know there are no beta key :P
    I'm just talking from experience, and we all share that experience. It's a fact, it was all over the place and seems to be happening again. Why it's happening? I don't know