Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a bad mood this morning so take that into account.

Personally, my most generous thought to the OP is that if it's that bad for him/her, then he/she should follow the advice of the thread's topic and stop playing/paying.

Problem solved.

@ OP To a point I understand where you are coming from but at the same time I think you are blowing this out of proportion.

When Wrath dropped I was consistantly in the top 2 (with a rogue) for dps and damage done in Naxx 25. When we killed OS 3D in Feb of 09 I was still in the top 2. During Uld Shadow Priest's kinda got a raw deal and I myself was annoyed by it and when TOC dropped and Shd was still broken I myself re-rolled a mage. I played my mage as my main and then took time away from the game from Dec to July. I can tell you that even though I could top charts on my mage as Arcane (pre fire is op patch) I ended up going back to playing my Shd pr because the class is simply fun to play.

Post 4.0.1 all you see are "they nerfed my Mind Sear /cry" threads. I did RS 25 this past week and let damage done on the aoe pulls by VT/SWP all of the mobs and focusing one at a time. That was WAY more fun to play rather than spamming Mindless Sear. Not too mention the added raid benefit of all the health that was generated by me dotting all of the mobs.

This is a game, if your not having fun don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance View Post
    if your having mana issues, just pick up masochism?

Also, at 85 you will have dark evangelism/archangel as shadow which will either be a steady 10% damage increase or a boosted 20% damage increase every 1.5 minutes that also (wait for it) gives you 25% of your mana back. If you are going oom with Dark archangel, shadowfiend, hymn of Hope, Masochism passive, Masochism SW regen and Dispersion, then your doing it wrong. Sure you may have to take a second out of your dps to get your mana back instead of doing absolute maximum dps... but then again so do Arcane Mages who cant just spam arcane blast, and have to evocate on long boss fights. As well, locks have to lifetap to get their mana back, druids have to innervate, etc.

You will have the tools at 85. just wait for it.
    I am on 85, but not in pve... in pvp. There we got some problems.

---------- Post added 2010-11-19 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    I guess I don't understand why you are complaining about either a beta product or a product in which PVP isn't designed for your current level. PVP is now designed for 85. Also, the general treadmill paradigm is that max raid level gear from previous expac is about equal to fresh end level of next expac. That held true for vanilla to BC (around 300 dps as a fresh 70, yes I was there), and for BC to wraith (about 1000 dps, which held pretty consistent through 70 to 80 in greens/blues) Then stats went through the roof with now 4 levels of gear. As a fresh 80 I was doing 800 dps; I was missing a bunch of spells and was in leveling spec. I was horrid. Now I'm 5k easily, in T9 gear.

Same thing is going to be true for cata. Your dps is probably not going to budge all that much during the typical leveling process (in fact if you don't upgrade your gear, your dps will actually go down alot). However, stamina is going to skyrocket due to the design change. Your dps will dramaticlaly upgrade once you do heroics and tier 11. But for now it's like level 80 pvp in greens or T6 gear. Really not optimal.
    I have a premade char on beta, with all gems and enchants and best pvp gear available (excpept for conquest points). Some blue gear and epic weapons and an epic ring. From what I see, in comparance to other classes with same gear: we need more damage, especially on our dots.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draketalon View Post
    Let's take every class: Balance druids sucked in pvp in wotlk but hey were much better dpsers then feral,
    This right here made me stop reading that wall o' whatever that was and tells me you have no clue what you are talking about. Feral drood DPS was huge in WotLK if (key word) the player knew what they were doing with the complex rotation...Boomies awesome for AoE pulls but still could kick some ass in PvP (starfall+thorns+hurricane =multiple people dead) So you go on and tell us what Blizz is trying to do....
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

At the current state even if they look for priests they most likely need to look at discipline rather than shadow tbh.I've played shadow in beta and although it's far from let's say feral(named because it's hybrid) it is in good position with ok healing,only concern is mana (wether that means that our mana is consumed too quickly or other hybrids mana too slowly).Shadow is our only viable pvp tree (while being good in pve too) where discipline is not viable in either pvp or pve.
    Last edited by Elothie; 2010-11-19 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Make clear the feral comment

Quote Originally Posted by fearmemortals View Post
    mate i'm not going to tell you you're wrong and shadow priests aren't broken cause i'm not on the beta.

however I am going to tell you to grow up. If shadow priests are broken do you honestly think blizzard wants them to be broken? If shadow priests have all these mana issues and are unable to do competitive damage in PvE and PvP do you honestly think its going to stay that way? Do you honestly in all serious think that the devs just 'hate' some classes / specs and make them bad on purpose?

If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions you are a complete brain dead moron give me your beta key thanks.
    You sir are correct
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprunky View Post
    You haven't heard about enhancement shamans have you?
    this

To the above poster.It's more about lack of 1) ideas and 2)I am not fully convinced that people who decide 'buffs' or 'nerfs' completely understand certain mechanics.I mean ye you can tell me they are 'developers'! and ill agree with that but wow have become a very complicated game (I am speaking about the coding part here,spell reaction,queue and the list goes on) that I doubt they have a clear image about all speccs ingame.