Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exorcism OP, at least for leveling?

I just hit 60 on my pally, was using raf so I really didn't have good gear and hadn't used exorcism yet because i'd pretty much been dungeon run'd from lvl 10, however I was extremely surprised to see when i shot off an instant exorcism that it 1-shot a guy. Is Exorcism still really good end game or is it just buffed whilst leveling because blizzard's got better things to do rather than balance lower level spells. Either way i'm heading to bgs as soon as I can to 1-shot some noobs with exorcism.

All I know is that paladins are holy mages in low level BG's. And they mage better than mages.

Quote Originally Posted by army1237 View Post
    I just hit 60 on my pally, was using raf so I really didn't have good gear and hadn't used exorcism yet because i'd pretty much been dungeon run'd from lvl 10, however I was extremely surprised to see when i shot off an instant exorcism that it 1-shot a guy. Is Exorcism still really good end game or is it just buffed whilst leveling because blizzard's got better things to do rather than balance lower level spells. Either way i'm heading to bgs as soon as I can to 1-shot some noobs with exorcism.
    Is that with an Art of War proc? If so, it doubles the exorcism damage. And at 80 I've noticed mine critting for about 13 - 16k in ICC.

Deleted
    Exorcism is quite nice but it's not that good end game besides it's instant cast procs. But people are talking about Shockadins in Cata again so we'll see how that turns out ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlesh View Post
    Exorcism is quite nice but it's not that good end game besides it's instant cast procs. But people are talking about Shockadins in Cata again so we'll see how that turns out ^^
    Hope you know Blizzard wont allow us to ever be better at DPsing then healing again..

Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    Hope you know Blizzard wont allow us to ever be better at DPsing then healing again..
    They vowed never to make that mistake ever again. They signed the pact in Ghostcrawlers blood.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Well in ICC, i routinely see mine critting almost as high as TV or HoW. My TV and HoW ceiling at around 30-32k, whereas my Exorcism hits for around 20-22k?

So yeah, it's rather OP and could one shot random world mobs :P However; This is with full 25m raid buffs and a 30% buff.

15+ Year Old Account
    With how hard it hits for and add in how fast of a cast you get via talents as holy its pretty fuckin OP.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2010-11-13 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    They say that @ 85 with Inquisition up, it's our hardest hitting ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    They say that @ 85 with Inquisition up, it's our hardest hitting ability.
    The proverbial "they."
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    Is that with an Art of War proc? If so, it doubles the exorcism damage. And at 80 I've noticed mine critting for about 13 - 16k in ICC.
    Yeah but at lvl 40-50-60 it one shots 80% of opponents and if glyphed the DoT kill them if the Art of War proc dont..

yeah when they hotfixed rets dps didnt they triple its base damage but lower its scaling? i see low level rets getting insane damage at low gear levels that balances itself out as gear improves

i was in a dungeon the other day leveling my priest and some smart arse rogue was talking about how awesome he is the healer (a holy pally) told him to STFU and the rogue says your just jelous that u cant beat my dps so i whispered the pally said just exo spam this next fight ill watch peoples health anyway at the end of the fight the tank posts his damage meter and the holy pally won..he was completely oom but he still won!

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still in the process of adjusting player damage at lower levels, so I wouldn't expect it to continue one-shotting mobs after 4.0.3 goes live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloves View Post
    Yeah i said an "instant exorcism" hence Art of War proc and thanks for your replies, i'd better level this toon soon before blizzard pull out the old nerf bat because although this is a proc it is very nice. Also btw these were crits for around 4-4.5k and both times i used it it seemed to crit, is that just luck or does art of war have some bonus crit chance?

Might you have been fighting something undead or demonic?
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/879/exorcism/ : If the target is Undead or Demon, it will always critically hit.

Yeah i said an "instant exorcism" hence Art of War proc and thanks for your replies, i'd better level this toon soon before blizzard pull out the old nerf bat because although this is a proc it is very nice. Also btw these were crits for around 4-4.5k and both times i used it it seemed to crit, is that just luck or does art of war have some bonus crit chance?
    exo is our 2nd hardest hitting ability that can be used at any time in the battle
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terradii View Post
    exo is our 2nd hardest hitting ability that can be used at any time in the battle
    Is it just me or isn't it a loss of dps to spend 1.5 seconds casting an Exorcism instead of waiting for the Art of War proc?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlysonMeyer View Post
    Is it just me or isn't it a loss of dps to spend 1.5 seconds casting an Exorcism instead of waiting for the Art of War proc?
    it isn't just you, terradii is talking from his ass. unless you can time it perfectly, the damage you miss from an increased swing timer is too much.

i think it's just the art of war buff for retribution, every time i exorcise during that it's like i'm handoukening somone on my alt and she's just lvl 78.it's like raaaaaah hulk smash face!!!BOOOM!!!!

Exorcism (and Hammer of Wrath) are actually higher dps priority than 3 HP TV at 85.