Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    The servers will only restart for patch 4.03, which is previous to the cataclysm release (rumored to be 11/30, don't quote me on that).

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Simply put, if you're not playing long enough to get hit by an AFK logout...than you shouldn't be online anyway. Why are you even online if you aren't playing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaeth View Post
    how about you just log off and let someone else have the spot since you're not using it. you're not special you don't deserve the spot more than someone else if you're not even going to be playing
    These. How about everyone uses "ForeverAFK" from the first minute? I think that would be a great idea. When Cataclysm hits, you will be getting your "ForeverAFK" ready, clumsily type in your login and ... what's that? Your server is full. Position in the queue: 2.
    *ten hours later*
    Position in the queue: 2.
    *five days later*
    Position in the queue: 2.

I think it'd be lovely if that happened to you. Then you can be, just like everyone else, ForeverAFK. Position in the queue: 2.

Personally, if the addon does something with your character, even if it's just to prevent becoming AFK and getting disconnected, it's botting, and Blizzard should close accounts for that. And if it's not using Blizzard official API, then that makes it even worse. Maybe it's time to make them aware of that particular addon.
    Last edited by lyom; 2010-11-14 at 09:41 AM.

I use my G15 keyboard with a G key macro running in a loop making me jump every 1-2min enough to not make me DC or go AFK

addons won't run if you are just trying to get onto the server also anything that automates the game can get you banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    /facedesk ... And how exactly are you not getting logged of? Oh that's right, you're not going AFK because you are jumping every 2 mins or whatever.

And yes, sit in the god damn que, maybe someone else actually wants to play instead of beeing a dick.
    Have you ever gone afk for a period of time and came back just before the game attempted to log you out?

Have you ever used an addon that automatically releases or accepts a rez?

When you go AFK for a period of time the game pops up a window stating something along the lines of "You have been afk, you will now be logged out in: xx seconds." I'm assuming the API code that allows addons to automatically accept group invites, rez's, or automatically releases you on death would be controlling the action the OP stated. As far as I know the code for accepting group invites automatically isn't against the ToS(and if it is Blizz hasn't stopped it's use) so the code used for this addon wouldn't be either. However the end result(preventing logout) could be frowned upon.

As to the OP, IF such an addon exists currently(and I wouldn't be surprised) I wouldn't bother with it. Yes queues suck but if you're going to be AFK for a long enough period that you would be disconnected you should just deal with it like the rest of us.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-11-14 at 10:13 AM.

I seriously hope that everyone that uses a macro or addon to prevent the AFK logout gets their account suspended for a few days with the first offense... the next suspension should be 2 weeks...and after that a perma-ban.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Is this bannable?
    Code:
    /run for _,f in pairs({"Logout","ForceLogout"})do _G[f]=function()print("Oh no you didn't!")end end

This add-on sounds cool... if only it trapped you in game not allowing you to leave along with the person behind the toon. Now that would make an awesome story... oh wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladinator View Post
    Is this bannable?
    Code:
    /run for _,f in pairs({"Logout","ForceLogout"})do _G[f]=function()print("Oh no you didn't!")end end
    Blizzard's API doesn't use those AFAIK.

Thanks for ruining the fun watching people replying "does it work?!"

Deleted
    I get what everyone's saying, and as I've said before, the addon I was talking about does not exist any more. I asked two simple questions, and apparently it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight answer around here.

I guess I'll just suck it up and check my computer every once in a while when I AFK so I don't get disconnected from the server (in case queues will be an issue), it's the same thing really, except it requires more effort on a personal basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    I get what everyone's saying, and as I've said before, the addon I was talking about does not exist any more. I asked two simple questions, and apparently it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a straight answer around here.
    I really don't think you do get what we are saying. Either that, or you just don't care. And people were giving you answers about the legality of such a mod. We don't believe that such a mod is entirely kosher with the fine folks at Blizzard.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2010-11-14 at 06:29 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.