Getting Ready for Cataclysm (Gold Wise)

Hello MMOChamp!

As Cata approaches It's time to get ready with everything you'll need for leveling and getting quickly into doing heroics/raids or PvP.

And I was wondering, How are you making gold for cata?
    List your proffesions, class and how you make your money!

I apologise if a thread of this kind has already been made and if so, tell me and I'll delete it.

Ive had 100k gold saved for a long time now, havent really actively sought it out, just sold stuff now and again , bought everythign I need from WotLK and i hate doing dailies! So its just gathered up slowly

I went into TBC with like 1k gold I swore I wouldn't be so unprepared again, But so far on Beta I haven't seen any really big gold sinks like the chopper/mammoths/kirin tor rings etc. Sure theres the Alchemy mount but my alt is the alchemist so thats something i will work on way later in the expack.

Hopefully some goldsinks will be put in for Cata though Or I may just use some of my gold to grab some proff mats fast on to level my proffs a bit faster

If the launch of CATA will be anything like the launch of TBC and WotLK, I'll be on my farming alt for the first couple of weeks or so. I'm not doing that because I think I'll be making a killing with farming ore and herb, but I hope I do. It's because everybody will be camping every mob/beasts or anything that's required for a quest. I hate it when 10 guys are camping a mob and nobody want to group up.

That's my plan for the time being. I'm just a simple guy with a simple plan.

Just playing the Auction House with gem-related shenanigans. 38k gold right now, aiming to hit 50k for Cataclysm release.

Jewelcrafting will probably remain the most lucrative long-term.

Inscription and Enchanting are not needed as often, and gathering professions can be time consuming. Crafting professions are worthless.

I stopped farming a while ago since I had bought pretty much everything I wanted and still had a decent pile of gold to sit on. Still, been making about 1000g a week just from mount/legendary runs. Also been getting my collector alts all ready to strip others of their hard earned cash in the first few weeks of Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been making Epic gems every cooldown (three transmute specced alchemists).
    I used all the honour and JP on the toons I wont be taking to 85 on more gems.
    Every time my main gets close to 4000JP I blow him back to 3000JP buying gems.
    ----> Gems are usually 60-70 on my server, so 120 (-mat cost) on a standard day, more if anything else happens.

Also been collecting Enchanting mats and frost lotus so I can push my mains professions as far into Cata levelling as I can take them. The higher my profession can go without relying on AHing stuff, the better.

Sadly, I just blew 5k on my alts epic flying and cold weather training. But I'll pop back above 40k for Cata I'm sure.

Deleted
    I have a lot of alts so I have most professions. The main thing I did was drop JC on my paladin (was previously miner/JC) which hurt because I had every epic recipe, and I picked it herbing instead, and bought 310% Flight Speed. With dual track mining/herbing, crusader aura + 310% flight speed I've been farming a lot of herbs and mining. Herbs go straight to my scriber for Glyphs which are still maintaining a 50g+ price on my server for the most popular ones, and Saronite goes to my transmute alchemist, I transmute them into Titanium and then make Titansteel which is still going for around 100g a bar. Any actual titanium I get I prospect on my new JC for gems, who has absolutely no recipes at all but thankfully I can get a guildie to cut them for me, blue gems I cut and vendor or use for alchemy transmute, epic gems I cut and AH.

So the main profs I use are - Mining + Herbing, Inscription, Alchemy & JC. I think these will still be the main money makers throughout Cata too, even though my actual main for raiding buffs is Tailor+Enchant. Alts are a godsend!

In a more minor way I'm also making scrolls of Mongoose with TBC Mats and Blade Ward with WotLK mats which still sell well on my server - more than selling the raw mats anyway.

I just got 10k sitting in my bags... been there for yonks. Should be enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently sitting on 160k gold, finishing up leveling all my profession toons, so I'll have 9 level 80's at Cataclysm launch.

I want to have 175k by launch, and thats when the real fun begins. People think they're making a killing of farming ore/herbs/skins etc and selling really high. I make a killing from buying that high, leveling my professions and being one of the first people to have certain items, that hardcore guilds are willing to pay just about anything so they can get a jump start on raiding gear. At the launch of Wrath, not knowing what I was doing I made like 20k from selling ore, cloth etc. (Gotta love the days when a stack of frostweave cloth went for 150g) No I'm stocking up on all the old world herbing and mining mats to sell for people levelnig goblins and/or worgens.

Best thing to do is prepare, one day in in a really boring class I wrote down my whole plan for what I'm gonig to do, from leveling which toons, to which professions are the most important to level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got all professions maxed across alts, but right now I'm going a little easy on the money making - don't want to burn myself out on it before Cata when the big bucks will be made!

The things I still do most days to make gold is posting gems and enchants, while I'll post glyphs and potions/flasks when I cba. Often timing the pots with raid resets so they'll actually sell. While waiting in BG queues I'll browse the AHs for cheap materials that will be in demand for people powerleveling professions at launch. Of course I won't get my payday before Cata launches, but that's ok if you've got a good gold buffer.