Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Retribution - PVP Feedback

I'd like the fellow Paladins to share their valuable assessments of the current state of a Retribution Paladin's PVP capabilities both in the battlegrounds, 1v1 situations against different classes/specs and arenas if any with us under this thread.

Comparison with the Wrath time will also be appreciated.

Please note that this thread is intended to contain only the PVP feedback and discussion.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Badpaladin; 2011-01-29 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    I'd like the fellow Paladins to share their valuable assessments of the current state of a Retribution Paladin's PVP capabilities both in the battlegrounds, 1v1 situations against different classes/specs and arenas if any with us under this thread.

Comparison with the Wrath time will also be appreciated.

Please note that this thread is intended to contain only the PVP feedback and discussion.

Thanks.
    You have little chances if you are full Wrathful with Shadowmourne, if not, good luck for hurting others.

But even then, casters still manage to do 16k crits on 1100 resil (arcane mage seems to be pretty hard and skilled atm... LOL), so you can survive 8sec agains't caster with glyphed Divine protection, but after those 8sec, if he's not dead, then you're dead.

Losing magic cleanse hurt a lot, even with lots of resil casters only have to cc you for a moment to get huge crits. Before 4.0.1 i could at least hold my own against most classes but now in addition to our rotation becoming more difficult we lost a lot of our ability to close on casters. It seems like everyone has an ability to slow or root. Blizzard says our huge health pools at 85 will even everything out, personally i think it's just going to make people kite me longer until i die.

Unless you're holy in pvp, pallys are pretty well broken atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    Losing magic cleanse hurt a lot, even with lots of resil casters only have to cc you for a moment to get huge crits. Before 4.0.1 i could at least hold my own against most classes but now in addition to our rotation becoming more difficult we lost a lot of our ability to close on casters. It seems like everyone has an ability to slow or root. Blizzard says our huge health pools at 85 will even everything out, personally i think it's just going to make people kite me longer until i die.

Nah it's just Ret, Prot is pretty overpowered actually.

Nerf purge/dispell/spellsteal. Bring back freedom stun removal. Make auto-attack to have 40 % chance to generate holy power aswell. /nerf ferals/. Then it will be better.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    God i'm so sick of people QQing about being broken, guess what, almost every spec is saying the same. Paladins in prot and holy are broken too indeed: way too hard to kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by riflemancho View Post
    Nerf purge/dispell/spellsteal. Bring back freedom stun removal. Make auto-attack to have 40 % chance to generate holy power aswell. /nerf ferals/. Then it will be better.
    Btw, makes me think of the Feral i faced some hours ago, 1300 resil, prot spec, with a bleed tick for 6k crit, ya really, a bleed ? Lolwut.

Prot is insanely powerful currently. I PvP in PvE gear without dazing/focused shield and I still wreck most things.

http://www.retpaladin.com/warcraft/f...hp?f=15&t=5155

Source. Ret in question is an arena master, 277 weapon, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

yeah but that's nothing new. every mage will tell you you're bad and should l2play.

the bottom line is that blizzard failed miserably to balance pvp at 80 in 4.01. The answer why: they don't care. Blizzard hedged their bets that most ppl wouldn't quit just b/c pvp was terribly broken for two months and would instead wait it out for cataclysm. They were probably right. It's still pretty pathetic the state of things; probably the worst pvp has ever been....ever.

"the bottom line is that blizzard failed miserably to balance pvp at 80 in 4.01. The answer why: they don't care. Blizzard hedged their bets that most ppl wouldn't quit just b/c pvp was terribly broken for two months and would instead wait it out for cataclysm. They were probably right. It's still pretty pathetic the state of things; probably the worst pvp has ever been....ever. "

Its a well known fact that nothing is balanced for 80 in 4.0.1. Blizzard stated that themselves. Dont see how they failed there.

Retribution pvp right now is at a very weak stage. Not only does resilience fail but our survivability was nerfed to the bottom. Hope things change once level 85 comes around.

I really wouldn't hold your breath, Rets. The Zealotry talent change in Cata will help with burst and killing your foes, but it doesn't solve the kiting issues. Sadly there's already way too many classes that can offensively dispel and that fact they can be dps just screams nerf me. I'm not even sure a magic cleanse will totally solve Rets gap closing issues. Long Arm of the Law works like crap really, it's more of a some-what escape mechanic than a gap closer, chill effects will nullify it almost instantly.

What would of helped Ret if they made Eye for an Eye proc on the caster actually snare by 50% along with the wet noodle hit; at least it'd be in the right direction -- a snare.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    Btw, makes me think of the Feral i faced some hours ago, 1300 resil, prot spec, with a bleed tick for 6k crit, ya really, a bleed ? Lolwut.
    Don't worry, that balances out the fact that my mangle and shreds only hit for 1.5-2k crits.

i find the number of cry posts here amusing. i myself am a ret paladin ( have ben for 4 years now ) and will be reguardless of what they do unless they make ret the healing spec. i have ben ret and done well back when seal swaping was the only real active thing rets could do. those of you guys crying in every post about being nerfed have no idea how bad it used tobe.

however as of now i am able to kill any equily geared class ( warriors / dks / frost mages require a bubble ) the only things i cant kill are good protrets and arcane mages, prot rets simply out last me and arcane 2 shots me. now when you sit back and look at this we are not in a bad spot, we just have to re-learn how to pvp. i find that i have insane surviability atm even more so then i did beffor with more damage, so the way i see it this was an all around buff. we have an interupt wich i have wanted since i started pvp on my paladin at lvl 10 and have played without for the past 4 years and yet i was still succesfull.

the way i see it beffor you cry about things being broken make an effort to actualy learn how the new systems work and make the decetion then. if you litteraly cant 1v1 anyone because you simply dont have the damage or surviability somthing is wrong. if you are able to solo some one but its a real fight and could go either way, thats when things are working the way they should be.

this is a game of who makes the mistake first, good players dont make as many as bad players, just a fact of wow pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill View Post
    i find the number of cry posts here amusing. i myself am a ret paladin ( have ben for 4 years now ) and will be reguardless of what they do unless they make ret the healing spec. i have ben ret and done well back when seal swaping was the only real active thing rets could do. those of you guys crying in every post about being nerfed have no idea how bad it used tobe.

however as of now i am able to kill any equily geared class ( warriors / dks / frost mages require a bubble ) the only things i cant kill are good protrets and arcane mages, prot rets simply out last me and arcane 2 shots me. now when you sit back and look at this we are not in a bad spot, we just have to re-learn how to pvp. i find that i have insane surviability atm even more so then i did beffor with more damage, so the way i see it this was an all around buff. we have an interupt wich i have wanted since i started pvp on my paladin at lvl 10 and have played without for the past 4 years and yet i was still succesfull.

the way i see it beffor you cry about things being broken make an effort to actualy learn how the new systems work and make the decetion then. if you litteraly cant 1v1 anyone because you simply dont have the damage or surviability somthing is wrong. if you are able to solo some one but its a real fight and could go either way, thats when things are working the way they should be.

this is a game of who makes the mistake first, good players dont make as many as bad players, just a fact of wow pvp.
    Sure if you just fight baddies then I suppose Rets are fine. Any frostmage who actually loses to a Ret should just delete his account, it's like getting beat up by a 10 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Sure if you just fight baddies then I suppose Rets are fine. Any frostmage who actually loses to a Ret should just delete his account, it's like getting beat up by a 10 year old.
    Its funny because in 3.0 it was the complete opposite. The day of the ret paladin was TERRIBLE. I have no sympathy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post

Yeah, it was on live. He was riding a demolisher in Strand and basically one shotting anyone that got within 40 yards of it.

Edit: He was also wearing full PvE gear.

That was the post down bellow. Quit spreading this shit around, the reason why the crit was so high is because passengers in demos bypass resil because their damage is considered "siege" damage.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Sigh :<

Made by myself while I'm bored..

maliancill you sir are a moron? do you seriously even play ret or are you trolling