Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Druid tank vs Warrior tank, MT?

Got a question to anyone who have played the beta.

I was wondering what class would be the best MT in raids in Cata. I'm a bear tank and was wondering if it is possible for me MT in future raids in Cata. Or is the warrior the best choice to MT with.
    Heard some people who said that warriors are better than druids on Main tanking in Cata because druids getting more and more nerfed.
    Don't know if this is right, but anyway. I want to MT and I hope it can be done with the same results as with a warrior.
    Btw, was thinking of 10man, not 25.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not played in beta, but what I've seen from videos of the raids are a lot of bear tanks.

Both tanks are very viable, given you have enough experience to play either at a decent caliber. Previously when presented the question of " which tank should I bring " I'd ask which buffs were missing, and bring the tank that fulfilled that buff. But now with most classes having over lapping buffs. I would bring which ever your more comfortable with, and think you will have the most fun with.

With the homogenization of all tank classes, it won't matter.

They do seem to have a lot of bear tanks, though I'm not sure whether they're necessarily better or if those guilds are just used to having a bear MT. The goal of Blizzard is to make all the tanks equal, so I'll give you the Blizzard answer:

Both are equally good*!

*This statement does not represent the views of Blizzard Entertainment. Blizzard Entertainment does not discriminate against anyone despite or due to lack of tanking ability or prowess. Please enjoy your play time and renew your subscriptions!

Deleted
    Thanks a lot for the answers!
    Then I'll continue to be the MT in cataclysm and the war will be the OT!

I'm looking forward to Cata as a Bear tank. Currently, we're lacking a very important ability, Thrash. Another 6 sec AoE CD move, with damage increased by Bleed effects. Yay for an effective AoE rotation again. With Thrash, Swipe, and Mangle on 6 second CDs, and our Rage Dump on a 3 second CD, we can be truly effective AoE tanks again. True, not to the point of old "bind Swipe to mousewheel, lolfacescroll win", but still being the effective mobile tank.

Play whatever tank class you enjoy the most. Us bear tanks got a bit of a nasty nerf on Beta because we were way ahead of the rest and now we're kind of trailign slightly in a few departments.

But if you play the class you enjoy this stuff should not matter and it should all come to be tuned anyway.

Im a mt druid tank and i all was come in as Mt for all raids ot is a warrior.

You see a lot of bear tanks in Cata videos because until about 2-3 weeks ago they were ridiculously imbalanced to an extreme level. Effectively, they had way more hp, and got hit for way less on average.

They've since been brought back to the pack (I think). Roll whatever is most fun for you, tank homogenization is pretty thorough at this point, capability wise. Specific mechanics still vary nicely, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior ofc xD.

Nah just kidding. It doesnt matter all tanks can be the mt. Just go with the guy who can do it the best. Or in your case go with the class you like the most.

Deleted
    Paladin MT you all crazy O.o!!
    Warriors DK's and those big teddybears are OT's in my eyes ;P

And schippie your realm ftw :P

personally i prefer a good DK to MT most fights. you see a lot of druids in videos coz they were all done before druids got the nerfbat. now most classes are close to equal. in between a warrior and a druid, im not quite sure, i havnt seen how druids are doin since the nerf but warriors were always solid

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference is so minor at this point its whichever you prefer/are better at. Whoever is the better player (and more reliable) should be the MT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodah View Post
    The difference is so minor at this point its whichever you prefer/are better at. Whoever is the better player (and more reliable) should be the MT.
    This is how it should be for every situation.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    This is how it should be for every situation.
    Too bad that hasn't been the case and isn't the case on the beta either. Even after the nerfs to bears they are still the best tanks. Any sort of AoE tanking Paladins still faceroll to the top.

Bears got nerfed in beta just so bears aren't pigeon-holed into being the only viable main tank. It was justified.

Best MT right now is Death Knight, by a strong margin. DKs can absorb/heal a lot right now.

Druids are roughly on par with Warriors/Paladins, perhaps a little worse than either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bears were OP for early beta raid testing, but have since been nerfed to normalize with other tanks.

Bears make the best OT imo, DKs are generally best for magic heavy fights. For all around good MTs anything works.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.