Question Algalon bug or am I dumb?

Hey guys,

A few of my guildies have decided to go through Ulduar and grab a few achievements that we were missing. We went into the Algalon fight and encountered the same bugs as everyone else such as the bright floor. But we keep hitting one bug that I am not able to find any information on, so I started thinking maybe it isn't a bug but I figured I would ask a few experts before I came to any conclusions.

I am main tanking this fight as a bear with 85k hp. I only mention my health because during the big bang, everyone goes inside the holes but me. I pop all of my cooldowns including my 30% health increase. When I check my combat logs I usually only take around a 15-20k hit from big bang, but he still wipes the raid with Ascend to the Heavens which is hitting me for 150k. I am just wondering if there is something I'm missing or if it is bugging out and wiping the raid because from my understanding, Ascend is only cast if there is no one on the outside which there is because I am surviving the big bang to the best of my knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

happened to my raid 2 nights ago. everyone else got in the black holes and we still got 1 shot... dunno what to tell you

Edit: oops, ascend to the heavens wasn't killing us, big bang was. still dunno what to say.
    Tauren > you

Don't go to portal and you will be fine.

Deleted
    I encountered this last reset also, at least this is what I think happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholaan View Post
    Hey guys,

A few of my guildies have decided to go through Ulduar and grab a few achievements that we were missing. We went into the Algalon fight and encountered the same bugs as everyone else such as the bright floor. But we keep hitting one bug that I am not able to find any information on, so I started thinking maybe it isn't a bug but I figured I would ask a few experts before I came to any conclusions.

I am main tanking this fight as a bear with 85k hp. I only mention my health because during the big bang, everyone goes inside the holes but me. I pop all of my cooldowns including my 30% health increase. When I check my combat logs I usually only take around a 15-20k hit from big bang, but he still wipes the raid with Ascend to the Heavens which is hitting me for 150k. I am just wondering if there is something I'm missing or if it is bugging out and wiping the raid because from my understanding, Ascend is only cast if there is no one on the outside which there is because I am surviving the big bang to the best of my knowledge.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
    Are you getting 5 stacks while this is going on? Remember, if you reach 5 debuffs, you get ported to the other world just the same as if you took a portal.

Make sure that another tank is tanking Algalon, then right before the big bang, taunt off him, let the other tank go inside the portal and you stay out. This way you won't have 5 stacks before its all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholaan View Post
    I am main tanking this fight as a bear with 85k hp.
    ICC HP isn't your real HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

This really sounds like you may have accidentally gone into a portal. If you truly didn't, and you are still experiencing that issue, then bug report it. The other option, is if you have a shadow priest, have them stay out and use dispersion at big bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Because I'm sure when he says "I'm main tanking this fight as a bear with 85k hp." he means "When I do ICC I have 85k hp."

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Geared bears in ICC have well over 85k.

OT: As others have said, it's probably just managing the debuff stacks. If you get 5 stacks and phase into the other realm nobody will be outside and Algalon will cast Ascend to the Heavens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

My apologies, I meant 65k hp.

a few things

1) do have a log WWS or WOL 4 the fights we could see? It would be very helpful

2) are u paying attention to the Phase Punch?

3) i know some people have been having issues seeing some graphical things like void zones because of the "Emphasize My Spell Effects" option under Interface->Display... i have no clue if they have fixed it or not i haven't had it on since they mentioned it

tell your dumbass pally to stop bubbling to negate dmg from the big purple guys inside black holes

It's probably a bug. I've experienced a few bugs with this encounter since its release, most notably people used to fall through the floor on the short little hallway or they'd get stuck in place and had to hearth and be resummoned to get unstuck....good times...