Thread: UI Improvement

UI Improvement

Now I know there are a lot of topics on this matter but I just felt the urge to create my own.

I have recently returned to WoW after a big break, and decided I needed a new UI.
    I've been playing all day with it and I think it came out pretty nice,but I'm still open to suggestions.
    There it is:

Idle:

Raid:

Other things not shown: Xloot, DBM, Omen(Imported the skin options from LUI v3), TipTac

Any suggestions and feedback are welcome.One thing I'd like to add is some custom art and kgpanels but it seems like a pain to configure and I don't know what kind of theme I want.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love your action bars facade (or how you say it)

You might want to disable the party frames becuase you only need the raid frames to make it less clutterly
    1. Respect your fellow community member

Do not correct other people's posts when they make a grammatical or spelling mistake. Not everyone's native language is English. If yours is you should be glad everyone else is doing an effort. Respect that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Use the action bar icon-style for the buffs. Would be an improvement.
    ALTF4.

Do you really need portraits? If not I'd say get rid of those.

Same goes for the other players buffs, do you really need to see them? If not turn off pitbull auras.
    Last edited by Glomp; 2010-11-13 at 10:21 PM.

Space on right-hand side seems a bit wasted.
    Would be better utilised by placing your raid frame there to mirror your chat almost.
    The action bar on the right hand edge should be visibile only on hover, or only out of combat since it is entirely out of combat items.
    Display of party members is unecessary in a raid, or with a properly configured grid will not be needed at all.

Question for anyone out there that might know. I see that on your minimap your co-raider Elp's name is on the top, that happens to me too, does anyone know why? Is it a bug with sexymap?

Derailed the Cereal Thread

What all are you using for this? The UI that is, a list would be helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsftl View Post
    I love your action bars facade (or how you say it)

You might want to disable the party frames becuase you only need the raid frames to make it less clutterly
    Yes I actually disabled the paarty frames when in 6 man raid right after i posted but was too lazy to upload again.
    As for the Button Facade I'm using it's called Darion.

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp
    Do you really need portraits? If not I'd say get rid of those.

Same goes for the other players buffs, do you really need to see them?
    Good point.Removed those.

Quote Originally Posted by Metian
    Use the action bar icon-style for the buffs. Would be an improvement.
    Yeah setting up SBF with same BF skin to match everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    Space on right-hand side seems a bit wasted.
    Would be better utilised by placing your raid frame there to mirror your chat almost.
    The action bar on the right hand edge should be visibile only on hover, or only out of combat since it is entirely out of combat items.
    Display of party members is unecessary in a raid, or with a properly configured grid will not be needed at all.
    Yeah I agree about the space on the right, will try to arrange grid in the right,but I'll have to find another place for the micro menu and my consumables bar.
    Also fixed the right side bar.I wish there was an option to disable PallyPower in combat aswell, would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by bak00777
    Question for anyone out there that might know. I see that on your minimap your co-raider Elp's name is on the top, that happens to me too, does anyone know why? Is it a bug with sexymap?
    Yes I believe it's a bug.No idea what's causing it though

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbreaker
    What all are you using for this? The UI that is, a list would be helpful
    Here's a screenshot of what I'm using, also there is 1 addon not displayed because it's under 60kb: shPerformance(That's the thing that shows my FPS, Latency and mem usage below)

Thank you all for your construtive replies, keep them coming.And also could someone tell me a good place with kgpanels textures if such a place exists in the interwebz?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bak00777 View Post
    This annoyed me for the longest time! I finally figured out that it pops up whenever someone, including yourself clicks or "pings" the map. You can turn it off under Ping > Show who pinged.

Looks good, only thing i would change is the buffs.

Try using Satrina buff frames.

Deleted
    It looks really nice ^_^ And after all the suggestions I only have one more: you can remove pally power completely now 'cause its ugly and there is no use for it anymore, since we got raid wide buffs now and only 4 auras.

Edit: changing buff frames is a good idea, but I would wait for now, since most of them are broken atm (due to latest changes in by blizz) so you can't really click buffs off from non blizzard frames and many of buff addons will make you lag.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2010-11-14 at 10:33 AM.

You have a nice UI but I'd recommend doing a few things with your action bars. Your menu bar(talents, achievements, etc.) and your one bag button just seem randomly put into an open space. I'd recommend setting them so they are faded until you hover over them, and then they fade back to full opacity. The "Berene" text is covering up your location text on your minimap. Lastly, download a buff addon like Satrina Buff Frames and style your buff icons like your action bars.

I'd recommend trying out TipTac. I see on the bottom right that sometimes the nameplates of whatever you're hovering may overlap with the bag. TipTac basically let's you move your hover's tooltip and has various other features.

Link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/tip-tac.aspx

SBF + BF on your buff bars.
    Edit your unit frames some more it's basically default Pit with potrait as far as I remember.
    Get a chat mod (pref. Prat), and edit your chat frame and take off all of the default buttons, because they tbh looks like shiet..

Hope it helped.

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 06:20 PM ----------

You should also try to make bars such as proffesion etc. side bar or micro menu to get low opacity or make them get visibly when having your curser over them.

1) get rid of Pally Power
    2) Get Power Auras
    3) Get Power Auras to show your Holy power
    4) Get Power Auras to show if you have RF on or not
    5) Get Power Auras to show if you have a seal active or not
    6) Get Power Auras to show if you have Kings or Might active or not
    7) remove Party frames in raid
    8) Remove Party Portrait
    9) Center and lower your own Healthbar or
    10) Get Power Auras to show when you have 50/25% hp
    11) Hide Game menu in combat
    12) Hide ur Right bar
    13) make your seal & aura bars mouseover or keybind them

10+ Year Old Account
    LUI is what I'm currently using, just google LUI its the first link, Wowinterface.com, has pretty much every thing you need except DBM, I also have Mik's Scrolling Battle Text with it too. Looks amazing and easy to configure, would post a screenshot but can't yet :P
    I AM FORSAKEN

Context is overrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    "WOW THIS IS SO GAY!"