Thread: CC is it back?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    even if we outgear trash in a instance some of the bosses still have " oh you slacked now you are dead kthxbai " mechanics which will oneshot you no matter how geared you are, that said i think reintroducing cc to a dungeon is great because i personally dont like a massive aoefest.

Quote Originally Posted by Snekilito View Post
    Yep, so lame. Its a goddamn dungeon, not LK HC 25man
    Oh the hell the wrath babies are going to go through now that they can't just aoe their way through heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol u mad brah? Jeez, chill out

Why should a dungeon be challenging?
    So that you can develope your skill ??

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Don't quite see the point of making them harder. They ARE just dungeons. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

@Nekrosis: Good thing you call troll on anyone disagreeing with you.
    Grow the fuck up.
    Its not harder derp. Its going back to average difficulty. Not Whiny bitch ezmode faceroll click one button for 12 minutes like every single WOTLK dungeon has been with the exception of 2. I tried to explain to people when HOR came out that you could fucking cc the Healer, or the rogue and make it a looooot easier. But they didn't listen. And then the ToC dungeon was great except for the horse crap. There was actually a bit of strategy to it that could be use.

But from day 1 in wrath every heroic and reg was, grab the pack aoe it down, grab the pack aoe it down. It was dumbed down.

I would have to blame youtube and cartoon network etc for shortening the average wow players attention span to less than 15 minutes. A lot of wow players either watch lulz vids on you tube, or the stupid ass shows on Adult Swim like Robot Chicken etc that are only 15 minutes and have 3-4 minutes of that as a commercial break.

Honestly I can't wait until the bads that pull aggro off the tank, yes tanks are not gods and they are meant to loose aggro to bad players who cant /focus tank and make a macro that sets your target as your focus's target. You could also, with regular keybinds, click the tank and then press F.

Honeslty, I cant wait to see a tank go charging off into a pack of mobs, and die because I wont even bother throwing a heal on him. Then I will vote kick him and get a non derp tank that can wait a few damn seconds to set cc.

All you have to do on a pull, and these pulls generally have 1-2 mobs that need to be cced, is press F1 or F2. And you hand out your cc assingments at the start of the dungeon. Mage sheep moon, shaman hex circle. Assing your damn raid makers to f1 and f2 and its easy as crap.

TLDR:
    Catalclysm is kicking the bads back to farming pvp for ezmode epix

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirako View Post
    I am not on beta either but from Totalbiscuit's heroic runs I can tell you that yes, you are gonna need some CC. Obviously not every pull but every now and then there will be a group with some badass mob that you have to take alone, you CC him and kill the rest then deal with this tough mob.
    This. Totalbiscuit's movies show it all. Watch them they really are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanro View Post

I would have to blame youtube and cartoon network etc for shortening the average wow players attention span to less than 15 minutes. A lot of wow players either watch lulz vids on you tube, or the stupid ass shows on Adult Swim like Robot Chicken etc that are only 15 minutes and have 3-4 minutes of that as a commercial break.

The fuck does Robot Chicken have to do with sheeping adds in heroics? No need for such hate srs.

CC is inherently boring. I'm sorry but the above posters were right. In BC spending 2 minutes before each pull deciding what to CC when was boring. Thats why I always did my heroics post-kara with Paladin tanks, since they could threat everything off healers and you could just pull. If they have casts that need interrupting, or enrages that need tranquilizing or something that, its fine. Oh no he's casting pyroblast! Interrupt! Is way more exciting than 'mage, be sure the first spell you cast is polymorph' before you go into your PvE single target rotation on a mob.

Deleted
    Why should a dungeon be challenging?
    Why shouldn't they be? The fun aspect of gaming, is the challenge, and not to mindlessly press the 1-5 buttons.

FFS, why don't you just play a singleplayer game on easy-mode?

From what I heard, 359 epic gear outgears heroics and makes them as trivial as they are in Wrath. I doubt you'll need too much CC after the 1st tier of raiding.

Deleted
    I played hardcore in vanilla & TBC, I loved putting some effort in BC heroics before they were nerfed, the feel of getting healing mace of Murmur when almost noone stepped into Kara yet. Left the game after nerfpatch hit TBC, came back to check WotLK - and left after 1.5 months because all dungeons was so retarted easy...
    Going back to the game for Cata and hoping it will be able to keep me playing longer.

Quite sorry, but "Mark mobs (Arguing about which mobs should be CC-ed and which should be killed ASAP is optional but not entertaining), CC the ones marked for it, then single target them down in order" isn't quite the pinnacle of l33t sk1llz it's made out to be, it's just another routine that people will tire of in a few months, albeit a routine that drags on more than "Grab 'em and AoE 'em".

I tanked through vanilla and BC (Wrath at least set me free from "Tank or GTFO!", got to love playing CC-less DPS classes back in BC-time...), and in BC the marking was just annoying, every single pack i'd have to mark everything because a mob or so too many would mean wipe-time (Still have nightmares of those stealthed rogue mobs in Shadow lab >_< ), and when i pulled just pray that nothing went wrong or it was another corpse-run and repairbill, usually due to some oh-so-important CC breaking early or whatever, yeah, this will be such a barrel of laughs... /sarcasm

Why are people so convince that casting Polymorph is harder than casting Arcane Blast? Or that Sap is harder than Backstab? Or repentance harder than Crusader strike?

I've honestly never seen such delusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Don't quite see the point of making them harder. They ARE just dungeons. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

@Nekrosis: Good thing you call troll on anyone disagreeing with you.
    Grow the fuck up.
    So you enjoy facerolling through the content like in wrath ? where's the fun in that ?

Deleted
    Personally cant wait for CC to be needed Though I get a feeling alot of "tanks" (term used loosely) will quit tanking in a QQ sulk beacause they cant just aggro a room and let the dps get trigger happy.

All those who are saying OMG CC QQ need to remember heroics are your raid training grounds, learnin basic mechanics for fights and situation awareness. My advice to you is what I was taught when I started to play in TBC is simple you pull it you tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by DW1979 View Post
    Personally cant wait for CC to be needed Though I get a feeling alot of "tanks" (term used loosely) will quit tanking in a QQ sulk beacause they cant just aggro a room and let the dps get trigger happy.

All those who are saying OMG CC QQ need to remember heroics are your raid training grounds, learnin basic mechanics for fights and situation awareness. My advice to you is what I was taught when I started to play in TBC is simple you pull it you tank it.
    I damn sure hope there's isn't a lot of CC in raid trash either. Its trash. For me trash is the time you spend mindlessly killing stuff while joking with your guildies. If its any more complicated than the trash in RS it'll take out a lot of the fun I personally have with raiding, cracking jokes in between bosses.

Deleted
    Imho it's great that they return to TBC style HEROICS. Sure its fine to faceroll through normal content but theres a reason why these are called heroics, they should be a challenge to the players. And yes you will likely only be doing guild runs for the first couple of months before everybody gets to learn the content. But after that its just your plain 'ol random again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    I damn sure hope there's isn't a lot of CC in raid trash either. Its trash. For me trash is the time you spend mindlessly killing stuff while joking with your guildies. If its any more complicated than the trash in RS it'll take out a lot of the fun I personally have with raiding, cracking jokes in between bosses.
    RS was a filler raid to get used to Cata style mechanics. So yes raid trash will be getting some necessary CC as well.

Don't get too excited. Yes, in dungeon / heroics gear you CC in heroics. But right now on beta, on t11 premade characters you just rush through instances, no need to use even one CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, so lame. Its a goddamn dungeon, not LK HC 25man
    DW, we'll have WotLK-2 and you'll faceroll content again. Just be patient
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Don't get too excited. Yes, in dungeon / heroics gear you CC in heroics. But right now on beta, on t11 premade characters you just rush through instances, no need to use even one CC.
    actualy you should and if you will it will make a run a lot faster but most ppl thinks like "omg! i have free t11, i don't need spend time for gems and enchants i cna just go pwn all like in lk" - but in most cases such ppl fail at very 1st pack of trash.

so, even if you have full t11 doesn't make you to faceroll through the trash packs.
    Main Gauche -- Like xzibit would say: "I heard you like procs, so I put a proc in your proc,so you can proc while you proc.

I believe using CC don't make things necessarily "harder", but it does require some sort of thought process going and social interaction. It also reduces the ADHD nature of dungeons. I can't quite understand if someone doesn't find it "fun", if you have to think a bit what to CC and avoid breaking the CC and keeping it refreshed. While it can become bit of a routine, spamming Hellfire or Blizzard or whatever is bound to be less requiring, and using CC doesn't negate using AoE spells.

Challenge and strategic planning are the core elements, which make games fun. A non-challenging game is not a game, but an interactive movie. Those who don't have patience for strategic planning... well, I guess you chose the right game, unfortunately.