Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Aaaaaaand

Psycho-Pass S2 announced.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...on-is-underway

AW YIS.
    Awesome. Hopefully it's as good as the first season.

Danganronpa Ep 1 - I haven't gotten around to watching all the new shows that have come out this season, plus there's still a bunch that have yet to even start, but this first episode was really good. If it continues the trend I think it's going to be one of the best of the season. I suppose the concept isn't unique (Reminds me of Mirai Nikki now that I think about it. Though no other similar shows come to mind.), but I still think it's a pretty cool idea. Hopefully it doesn't go to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    End of the day.

A gigantic madoka box. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...185221_717.jpg
    Patchouli Wall Scroll.
    Two artbooks

Random give aways including an accel world tiny poster.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-07-07 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Servant x Service - For being an office comedy I enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. Hasebe is amazing.

Monogatari - Aw yes so good. Shower scene better be magnificent. Parallel to bath and toothbrush scenes.

Danganronpa - I grew attached to the art style pretty quickly. It was really weird seeing every character look so different from each other but I realized how amazing that actually is, especially for a show like this. Just their looks give them a personality of their own. Here's to hoping the MC isn't too beta. That bear though.... shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monogatari - Honestly not that great of a start. This episode has a disturbing lack of Ararararagi, and considering he is one of the best things about Monogatari, this episode wasn't very good. Not a big fan of Senjougahara's new haircut, and I have never really liked Hanekawa (she wasn't so bad in this episode though).

Where are my Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya subs

Also highly recommend Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. Watched the webrip earlier this week, and the 720p is out now. Has some really good visuals and I thought the first episode was pretty amazing (though I didn't expect much going in, so that helped).
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-07-07 at 04:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    (though I didn't expect much going in, so that helped).
    I'll be going into it thinking nothing so now I expect to be pleasantly surprised.

If not I blame you.

Haibane Renmei - 9/10 or 10/10 (undecided)

Like so many of my anime choices I encountered it through coincidence, but I can say I am very grateful that I found it.

Haibane Renmei is a beautiful anime. At first I was cautious: as a series essentially lacking conflict, I feared it would also come up short on substance. After a few episodes my worries proved unfounded and I was drawn in by the simple, yet genuine, interactions and relationships between the characters.

However, as a fair warning: this series is slow, subdued, and driven by its core ethos rather than more tangible plot, action, or comedy. Some people may find this off-putting. Also while I am usually a stickler for answers I found that this series did very well without them. What's beyond the wall? Is this place a metaphor of purgatory? Where do the Haibane go after their Day of Flight? What was in the past of all these characters? Why do the Haibane Renmei care? Why the odd rituals of silence? The answers to these questions are often left vaguely implied or simply unanswered. But I was surprised in spite of myself that when the series was done, I didn't entirely care because they were irrelevant to the core of the show.

More than anything the series speaks to a fundamental need for acceptance. What a dream it is to be valued unconditionally: Rakka's mere appearance and existence is enough for joy in the Old Home. Conversely, Reki's suffering is so emblematic of the human condition, trapped by her own fears and self-resentment, and so unable to feel this same joy. Her freedom from this vicious circle was such a cause for rejoicing. The final likening of Reki's kindness to her namesake was sublime, that she was still the 'one trod upon' but now as the first stone step toward heaven. This bittersweet sensation of confusion in a strange world shared with others, if even for a short time, made the series profound.

I shall be revisiting this series again in the future, as one watching is not really enough to fully absorb and appreciate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit, LQ Ilya. Have to wait 7 full more days for proper quality.

This is going to suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Damnit, LQ Ilya. Have to wait 7 full more days for proper quality.

This is going to suck.
    Yeah, was wondering if I should check it or not.

WTH is with the shingeki OP from the RECAP? why would they add some german lines and try to copy band like Ramstein with it? why would u say those things in a dark voice ;O

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Yeah, was wondering if I should check it or not.
    With what looks like a vibrant color scheme it'd be ruined by the LQ. I'm going to wait, but I'll be depressed if they keep airing a LQ a week in advance for every episode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disappointed about the LQ only Fate/

Dangan Ronpan Chapter 3 (game spoilers)- This was a pretty bad chapter. It was very obvious from the start who did it. Before the trial I knew Celes did it. I knew that Yamada was working with her. I knew that the photo was a fake. I did screw up the motive kinda, but I knew Alter Ego was involved. But seriously, Celes became obvious right when she started screaming a bunch of times bringing people places. Plus how she was so damn bent on the fact that the Shaman wore the suit therefore he must have done it. Her plan was really convoluted too. Not sure what she would have done if the three who found Ishimaru got there before the others found Yamada "dead". Plus why the fuck did Yamada just magically come back alive after he was killed (in the art storage room)? The "dead person report" came on when they opened the door, so he was dead then. Overall a pretty dumb case.

gravekeeper anime quite the interesting first episode cant wait for more ,P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    hyoe, gonna be so good
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Sometimes I walk at night listening to this over and over again.

some desu before bed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Based off Love Lab's brief synopsis, I see a potential new shoujo-ai series. Please let it be so.
    I read that there would be boys entering the battlefield at one point, so no pure girl love. But as long as it stays this hilarious (and Riko's tsukkomi remain this great), I won't be disappointed w/e happens

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I read that there would be boys entering the battlefield at one point, so no pure girl love. But as long as it stays this hilarious (and Riko's tsukkomi remain this great), I won't be disappointed w/e happens
    This makes me very sad. Screw the boys lol. BL fans got Free!, why can't I have my GL version lol.

just watched the first episode of the tarrot anime and must say i am kinda confused, it wasnt that bad though i guess its one of those where i have to see a few more episodes first before i know if i want to watch or not ;X

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu Ep 1 - Not a bad start. Definitely enjoyed the first episode. And it's certainly a unique concept. Can't say I've seen anything like it lol. I don't think the show will turn out to be overly amazing, but it'll probably be a fun watch.

Love Lab Ep 1 - It looks like I probably wont be getting an actual shoujo-ai anime like I was hoping this show might be, but I did enjoy it so I can't complain I suppose. I'm holding out hope that it becomes a bit more serious and an actual serious romantic relationship develops between the two, though. There's not enough GL anime in this world lol.

Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS Ep 1 - Loli basketball! lol. Fun first episode and didn't feel any different from the last season which I'm glad to see. A new loli appears to challenge Tomoka! Hopefully she sticks around and maybe even joins the team and isn't gone in an episode or two.

Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou Ep 1 - First episode felt a bit rushed, but it wasn't much of an issue for me. Definitely reminiscent of Madoka. I'm hoping it continues the dark themes throughout the show.

Kitakubu Ep 1 - Not a bad start, but nothing to write home about. The humor felt a bit forced in parts, but it had its funny moments. I'll definitely keep watching just because it seems like it'll be a fun watch.

Servant x Service Ep 1 - Loved the first episode. Looks like it's going to turn out to be a great comedy. Who knew an anime about being a civil servant in Japan could be so entertaining lol.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi Ep 1 -This show has some lovely art and animation. Definitely one of the better looking shows I've watched so far from this season. Seems like it will be an interesting show.

Monogatari Ep 1 - At last, more monogatari goodness. I think like most others, this is one of the shows I'm most excited for this season. Was a great first episode and I need more! A lot of people don't seem to like Senjogahara's new hair, but I think it looks good. Though I've always been a fan of short hair. That shower scene better be amazing for all the hype they built up around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Haibane Renmei - 9/10 or 10/10 (undecided)

Like so many of my anime choices I encountered it through coincidence, but I can say I am very grateful that I found it.

Haibane Renmei is a beautiful anime. At first I was cautious: as a series essentially lacking conflict, I feared it would also come up short on substance. After a few episodes my worries proved unfounded and I was drawn in by the simple, yet genuine, interactions and relationships between the characters.

However, as a fair warning: this series is slow, subdued, and driven by its core ethos rather than more tangible plot, action, or comedy. Some people may find this off-putting. Also while I am usually a stickler for answers I found that this series did very well without them. What's beyond the wall? Is this place a metaphor of purgatory? Where do the Haibane go after their Day of Flight? What was in the past of all these characters? Why do the Haibane Renmei care? Why the odd rituals of silence? The answers to these questions are often left vaguely implied or simply unanswered. But I was surprised in spite of myself that when the series was done, I didn't entirely care because they were irrelevant to the core of the show.

More than anything the series speaks to a fundamental need for acceptance. What a dream it is to be valued unconditionally: Rakka's mere appearance and existence is enough for joy in the Old Home. Conversely, Reki's suffering is so emblematic of the human condition, trapped by her own fears and self-resentment, and so unable to feel this same joy. Her freedom from this vicious circle was such a cause for rejoicing. The final likening of Reki's kindness to her namesake was sublime, that she was still the 'one trod upon' but now as the first stone step toward heaven. This bittersweet sensation of confusion in a strange world shared with others, if even for a short time, made the series profound.

I shall be revisiting this series again in the future, as one watching is not really enough to fully absorb and appreciate it.
    I loved Haibane Renmei very much as well, it is one of those timeless series.
    While you say it did not need answers in my opinion it's that the answers would hurt the series. Revealing some of the unknown surrounding their lives(?) inside the walls would destroy the beautiful, mysterious feeling that was so masterfully woven by the narrative. Trying to piece the answers together on my own was one of more enjoyable parts of Haibane Renmei.

The town of Glie was most likely supposed to be the purgatory, with Haibane being the souls seeking salvation - their "cocoon dreams" seemed to be the recounting of their last moments in life to me. The cause of Rakka and Reki being sin-bound was most likely suicide, by jumping off someplace high and throwing herself into a train's path respectively. The bird from Rakka's dream would most likely be someone close and important(Family? Lover?), trying to prevent her death - ultimately betrayed and left behind. Sin-bounds were supposed to lose their halo and wings if they failed to obtain salvation via the Day of Flight, forced to live apart from both Humans and Haibane - would the place they go to after that happens be the Haibane organization? The uniform worn by the Communicator has fake wings and a halo-like emblem on the hood.

All in all, speculation aside, Haibane Renmei is extremely similar to Angel Beats. Yes, it is very different - Angel Beats has a lot of action, nonsensical comedy, fanservice and other potentially discouraging parts to it... But at the same time it's so similar I'd call it a clone. Give it a go if you haven't yet.