Deleted
    saw monogatari live
    Meidogahara a best

I've seen all of Index as well as Railgun, and overall I thought them mediocre. They had some really cool ability usage, as well as Accelerator being great to watch and some of the Misakas' dialogue being gold. But it seemed like the plot went nowhere and was constantly hung up by pointless side arcs and stupid fan service. During Railgun the teleporter-lesbian particularly drove me nuts after a while (even if she did get some of the best combat scenes).

Understandably, I didn't really think much of a second Railgun season being released. Comments in this thread would seem to indicate that the quality is a bit higher this time around, with the plot actually moving forward. Is this an accurate assessment or am I just misinterpreting different tastes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Hyperdimension Neptunia.. is it just me or are the countries' goddesses based on gaming consoles or something?

And I am disappoint in Crunchyroll.. shitty subs deluxe this season.
    Yes, they are, like Chelly linked. From console war to computer hard drive like HDD "Hyper Drive Divinity" and characters like Uni (Unix), Rom and Ram and so forth. Compa, IF, and such are company related.
    Processors and such modify your "HDD". Even R/W (read write CDs/DVDs) in game for attacks.

Neptune x Noire are great <3.

overall railgun has alot less main story progress then index but both animes are quite far from *over* atleast the LN's still have tons of material afaik ;X also people talking about it here overall like it iguess ;P and if u already have watched railgun 1 index 1+2 u should watch railgun 2 atleast up to this point + next weak afterwards it will be some anime original stuff ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I've seen all of Index as well as Railgun, and overall I thought them mediocre. They had some really cool ability usage, as well as Accelerator being great to watch and some of the Misakas' dialogue being gold. But it seemed like the plot went nowhere and was constantly hung up by pointless side arcs and stupid fan service. During Railgun the teleporter-lesbian particularly drove me nuts after a while (even if she did get some of the best combat scenes).

Understandably, I didn't really think much of a second Railgun season being released. Comments in this thread would seem to indicate that the quality is a bit higher this time around, with the plot actually moving forward. Is this an accurate assessment or am I just misinterpreting different tastes?
    Well, I for one always enjoyed Railgun and Index series(Both LN/mangas and anime) so I may not be the best source of information - but the new Railgun season is damn awesome.

However, note that Index anime compresses ~300 page LNs into 3-4 episode arcs and pounds anime original stuff into it as well, so there is a reason why is it lacking in some areas. First Railgun was 50% anime original material as well, along with really, really stupid fillers. New series is not so bad in that respect - there was one episode worth of filler material, other than that it's 100% meaty action following the manga's plot. This is only going to last till ep 16 or so, unfortunately - but I am willing to pretend the rest does not exist and be satisfied with the Sisters arc animated artfully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negitoro View Post
    Yes, they are, like Chelly linked. From console war to computer hard drive like HDD "Hyper Drive Divinity" and characters like Uni (Unix), Rom and Ram and so forth. Compa, IF, and such are company related.
    Processors and such modify your "HDD". Even R/W (read write CDs/DVDs) in game for attacks.

Neptune x Noire are great <3.
    #tsun4neptune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Rozen Maiden and Traumend went full throttle anime original, not sure at which point exactly but they did. The new, 2013 rendition takes up the Rozen Maiden Tales manga, which is a direct sequel to first one. The confusing first episode recap was retconning the two older seasons to the manga's storyline for the sake of those unwilling to read prequel's 8 volumes.
    Guess I should read the manga then.

I wonder how the are going to finish Shingeki no Kyojin, are they going to make up an ending just to keep the series contained and "finished" or are they going to stick to the manga and leave it open for a follow up, the manga it's self doesn't seem to have got very far since the show started airing maybe 3 or 4 chapters and nothing is really there as a finishing point yet...i hope the don't go the way of Claymore or FMA(the original series)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Guess I should read the manga then.
    That's my plan. I'm not touching Rozen Maiden 2013 until I read the manga.

@Lagwin i doubt they will leave it open the manga is a monthly release and still has with the current anime pacing an easy 20 episodes left if not more ;X i would assume they end with the annie gets captured for being titan too arc or when they actually get back from their expedition anything else would be strange as they are obviously pacing the anime to be a money cow ;X so lets assume for now in a year or so we will see a 2nd season ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    dangan ronpa chapter 4 Got slightly spoiled that poison was included. Figured it was suicide right off the bat, due to the locked room's set up and kirigiri's sealed room explanations...

Second episode of Nekomonogatari shiro was great as expected, and just as I had predicted the weeks can go by fast enough this summer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Sounds like Dragonforce in Japanese.
    Actually...
    This song is an adaptation of a dragonforce song. Lel.

That'd be the closest to Dragonforce then.

Deleted
    O I don't remember that song being in the show + OVA at all. Sounds a lot better than Dragonforce too.
    Japanese female vocals >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> High pitched male English vocals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

Kinda late on this, but whatever. I also did not enjoy Railgun that much, and though I haven't seen all of Index, I am not impressed with what I have seen.

Railgun S is honestly miles better (imo). There still is some filler, but the plot heavy episodes have been insane so far. Episode 6 of Railgun S was undeniably my favourite episode of last season (out of any anime i watch during that season), and this most recent episode of Railgun S will probably be my episode of the season as well. It is incredibly good. I would recommend watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    dangan ronpa chapter 4 Got slightly spoiled that poison was included. Figured it was suicide right off the bat, due to the locked room's set up and kirigiri's sealed room explanations...
    I had so many theories during this one I couldn't keep track. I knew poison was involved from the start (chemistry lab with poisons, was sorta obvious), but I didn't think she committed suicide. I had figured Asahina had poisoned her. My suspicions increased when she started blaming anyone who seemed sorta guilty. The only thing I was confused about was the yellow powder on Sakura's shoe.

Deleted
    O I don't remember that song being in the show + OVA at all. Sounds a lot better than Dragonforce too.
    How could you have forgotten those songs, moving entire school to a bloody battle for their idols! :O
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2013-07-13 at 11:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shingeki 14 - A pretty good episode. Hopefully the quality will stay the same throughout. Eren's little speech was cool, however the end of it was really bad. the way he said "so let me shoulder it all" while yelling was kinda cringeworthy.

Monogatari 02 - Not sure if it is just because of the lack of Arararararagi, but still am not liking this season so far. I can't wait till this arc is over...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Monogatari 02 - Not sure if it is just because of the lack of Arararararagi, but still am not liking this season so far. I can't wait till this arc is over...
    But... but... the new Hanekawa is so cute! She turned from my second least favorite Monogatari girl to one of my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo been watching Horizon and it's hella fun. I LOVE how they're trying to replicate history but get things sooo off on occasion such as taking tje tales of sorcery to be literal and thus use their tech to try and replicate it.

Also majestic prince was fucking awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Shingeki 14 - A pretty good episode. Hopefully the quality will stay the same throughout. Eren's little speech was cool, however the end of it was really bad. the way he said "so let me shoulder it all" while yelling was kinda cringeworthy.

That's because it's Nekomonogatari arc right now.. more focused on Hanekawa.