Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Just ordered xxxHolic, Speed Grapher, Tokyo Majin and Air. I've seen the first half of Tokyo Majin, but could never find the 2nd half, and as for the other 3 I've seen nothing on them except for the first 5 mins of the first episode of Air. I love all things clamp so I'm not worried about like xxxHolic, speed grapher sounds pretty badass/insane so I will most likely enjoy that one as well. I'm just hoping Air is as good as the rest of the KEY anime I have seen (Clannad and After Story, Kanon 2006, and Angel Beats!). Can't wait to tear into them, and will be nice to start working on my DVD library again.

xxxxHolic and Speed Grapher felt kinda lame at the start, but they definitely grew up on me as I continued watching. Although it took me almost half a year to come back to Speed Grapher, but never the less, at the end I've enjoyed both of them.
    Ashes to ashes, fade and rust, your mind be broken, your body to dust

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    xxxxHolic and Speed Grapher felt kinda lame at the start, but they definitely grew up on me as I continued watching. Although it took me almost half a year to come back to Speed Grapher, but never the less, at the end I've enjoyed both of them.
    Really? I finished speed grapher post haste after i got it(the old glossy box set). But yeah if you want crazy purchases you should see mine i just spent over 80 dollars(20 was non anime and have to return two of em for having them already) worth of manga. And that was this Wednesday alone. Heh i've gotten over 260 manga in under the past year alone.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    I'm still kinda lost, but than again I've never been interested in anything apart from anime, neither manga nor games. All I can say is that Tsukihime is an excellent example of how one can fit more content in 12 episodes that you'll find in whole naruto series together.
    Play the Fate/Stay Night VN and you'll probably whistle a different tune. I used to think the idea of playing a VN was dumb and only watched anime, till someone convinced me to play that. The 3rd story route for that game hooked me.

Picking anime at random is surprisingly fun, Gintama this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Picking anime at random is surprisingly fun, Gintama this time.
    I saw the first 2 episodes.
    >mfw
    >I have no face
    "If at first you don't succeed, you really need to quit this game."
    -Judic

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Tora Dora!

And I loved Samurai Champloo, though the ending was too happy for me.
    Hello, friends. I also like Samurai Champloo. I think it's a nice movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Nictuswolf View Post
    Code Geass, Claymore, Spice and Wolf are 3 of the best animes I have ever watched. Elfin Lied was great, stay away from Rin.....<--- total mind frag anime. Watching Dragonaut right now, pretty good so far, little weird tho. Detroit Metal City was damn funny, trying to think of anymore that are not main stream (Naruto / Bleach).

Kaze no Stigma is great, defiantly worth a watch.
    Yeah Kaze no Stigma is pretty awesome, idk why it's so shunned in comparison to Shana.

@Shishca, that video was so amazingly random but it was still nice to see Kyuubee blown to bits. lol

---------- Post added 2011-04-02 at 04:54 AM ----------

Also I will shamelessly plug Kannagi if you're a fan of romantic comedy/drama.

@Sorrior, I couldn't finish watching Bokura no, the premise for it just turned out to be too weird for me. :S
    Last edited by Niyari; 2011-04-02 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niyari View Post

@Sorrior, I couldn't finish watching Bokura no, the premise for it just turned out to be too weird for me. :S
    It's also super depressing when ya get far enough. Though what do you expect of the guy who did Narutaru.

well... Deadman Wonderland is coming soon...

now waiting for the blood and gore...

I got to episode 4 before the whole "weird old guy tricking emo kids to pilot robots and kill retarded looking giant monsters (lol angels) got to me. I did love the opening song though, it's pretty damn catchy.

Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    I got to episode 4 before the whole "weird old guy tricking emo kids to pilot robots and kill retarded looking giant monsters (lol angels) got to me. I did love the opening song though, it's pretty damn catchy.
    To be fair, you didn't give it a fair enough chance, imo. But if it's not your thing then what can ya do?
    Also, you couldn't be more wrong about what the show is about...

Is anyone else really pumped for Ao no Exorcist? I'm pretty stoked for it. Hopefully it is as interesting as it sounds. ^.^

Dragonauts (boobonauts would be more accurate), Karin and Desert Punk are good so far. Under rated in my opinion.

Tromsø, Norway. Else, right next to a cutie (Zefie-sama).
    I have a question to Ruroni Kenshin fans: If I happen to have the mood to watch it, what should I start with so the timeline match the story? The OVA or the series?
    Forum Guidelines = Off-Topic | New Anime Season Rocks!
    It's a Trap!

As Nakiami said you don;t get it among other things those are NOT monsters they are other vehicles. Also not ONCE will you hear them being called angels or anything of the sort. The show if anything is about adolescence and hardship as well as personal growth and human nature.

It really is a great show and i can;t see how anyone could give it up but w/e floats your boat i guess.

if you want to watch kenshin in chronological order:
    Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal (ova) -> Anime (do yourself a favor and stop watching after episode 62) -> Samurai X: Reflection (ova)

Most people think the ovas are better than the anime. You really do not miss out on much if you don't watch them in any kind of order

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    Dragonauts (boobonauts would be more accurate), Karin and Desert Punk are good so far. Under rated in my opinion.
    I'd agree with this. Dagonaut(aloso Boobonaut really is a great nickname for it and been around for some time) really is a fairly good show if you're just looking for some good ol gonzo fluff(you know tits asses action and so on just mindless stuff for a lazy afternoon) same with Desert Punk.

As for Karing BY THE GODS taht's one of my favorite series i own all 14 manga volumes the extra book Airmail(side stories some taking place after one or two at around the same time and the last in europe with a surviving Maaka clansmen) the fan book Bites 8/9 Light Novels(9 is due out in the sates this winter) and the original Geneon boxset of the series. So yeah i LOVE this show and can definitely agree that it's underrated hell not even well known enough IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Is anyone else really pumped for Ao no Exorcist? I'm pretty stoked for it. Hopefully it is as interesting as it sounds. ^.^
    I think that is the only original series I'm hopeful for next season.

Though I'm still much more excited for Kaiji, Mariak Holic, and God Knows season twos, in that order.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

its called character development

for example with TTGL when Simon went from wimpy, to emo, then finally a badass hotblooded hero that everyone likes.

also interesting fact Kouichi has the same VA as Simon from TTGL

Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    To be fair, you didn't give it a fair enough chance, imo. But if it's not your thing then what can ya do?
    Also, you couldn't be more wrong about what the show is about...

I wouldn't count on it. In the manga the character development has been pretty slow. While there were 2 good fight scenes they were over really quick. So unless they do some fluffing to make the series a little more exciting I'm not expecting to much from the series from an anime standpoint.