Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Actually no. In America they are officially Titans cause that is what CR or whatever other company chose to do. The American market is so small that Japan doesn't really give a shit about it except for Trigger. The official word is Kyojin which doesn't mean Titan at all.

By eye catch do you mean an English translated word? Cause that's something that CR would do. The raw wouldn't have Titan in it anywhere.

tl;dr - Titan is a word created/used by the American subbers because it sounded better.

This could also all be changed by just saying "Shingeki no Kyojin" and being our true autistic weeaboo selves.
    Eye catch as in the things before/after commercials. SnK eye catches are those info dumps. In one of the eye catches it gives information about the sizes of the titans, and it has the word "titan" in the RAW. Commie edited it to put Eoten, despite the fact that the creators themselves put Titan there. So yes, in the raw it had the word Titan.

And "Attack on Titan" is even printed on the Japanese cover of the manga. There is no trying to argue against it; officially the manga is "Attack on Titan". It doesn't even matter what the best translation is.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-10-10 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Eye catch as in the things before/after commercials. SnK eye catches are those info dumps. In one of the eye catches it gives information about the sizes of the titans, and it has the word "titan" in the RAW. Commie edited it to put Eoten, despite the fact that the creators themselves put Titan there. So yes, in the raw it had the word Titan.

And "Attack on Titan" is even printed on the Japanese cover of the manga. There is no trying to argue against it; officially the manga is "Attack on Titan". It doesn't even matter what the best translation is.
    Implying Japanese can Engrish.

Galilei Donna...

TOTALLY not what I expected, but I like it. The girls are damn cute (Loving Hozuki and Kazuki <3) and the action seems nice.

But I disagree with the baddie about having no weaknesses - liking your own voice this much is def. a weakness, but not uncommon among villains.
    And his sense of style is def a weakness, too seriously, that color scheme for the airship? Flying Goldfish >>>>>>> that ugly thing

Also, I feel serviced: http://i.imgur.com/75fioAj.jpg
    Last edited by Sahugani; 2013-10-10 at 09:11 PM.
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

Seitokai Yakuindomo Gets Second Season.
    Holy shit, Gargantia got a second season and now Seitokai is, too? So awesome.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

Gargantia second season.

This is the best news I've heard in a while. This definitely needed a second season, and I thought it never would get one from how quiet they were after it ended and how the show hid in the shadows, at least for America. This is brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Gargantia was amazing.
    I...I don't know what to say....I mean it ended so well...Yet...Maybe we'll see the space farers return....I dunno but SWEET!

- - - Updated - - -

I said I would take them over CR, never said they were the best.

Best are UTW, EveTaku, FFF, Doki and Vivid.
    Personally I miss Eclipse....

Crunchyroll is terrible at subbing. Their translations are mediocre and their sentence structure hurts the eyes.

I
    If you know enough Japanese to think that their translations are mediocre, why do you even care that they sub most the shows?
    Its not like you need subs with so much knowledge of the Japanese language.

Golden Time... BEST tea club EVER

Stood in the Fire Magician 1412's Avatar
    So.. gona go offtopic here. Just got professor Layton The miracle mask to keep me busy til X and Y and this game is nowhere near as easy as i thought it would be. That first puzzle had me confused forever. Felt like i needed kaito and gamons help xD
    Last edited by Magician 1412; 2013-10-10 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    If you know enough Japanese to think that their translations are mediocre, why do you even care that they sub most the shows?
    Because they are getting paid for it despite other fansub groups doing a better job for free?
    pro-gun liberal

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    Because they are getting paid for it despite other fansub groups doing a better job for free?
    There's a limit to quality expectations when you consider those are fastsubs. Sure, some do it better, but it also takes time - much longer than what you have to wait for Crunchyroll or one of their rips.

If you can't handle Crunchyroll-quality no matter what, wait for BD release of those shows - those almost always end up being fansubbed by some quality group.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

Quote Originally Posted by rederoin View Post
    They're a terrible company and they're destroying fansubbing.

And they sound robotic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There's a limit to quality expectations when you consider those are fastsubs. Sure, some do it better, but it also takes time - much longer than what you have to wait for Crunchyroll or one of their rips.

If you can't handle Crunchyroll-quality no matter what, wait for BD release of those shows - those almost always end up being fansubbed by some quality group.
    I'm fine with watching CR, I just hate them as a company, reason I am not subbed to them. I'd take any group over them in the blink of an eye though.

That's strange. Just looked at the AniDB page of Lucky Star and the character pictures look like they came straight out of Minami-Ke!

That's promising since I love all versions of Minami-Ke. Thanks for the tip.

EDIT:

Hmm, on second thought, it says there is heavy references to other anime, including obscure ones, to the point of no point watching if you don't know them. Well, that's a huge turn off. Pretty much the only type of anime I dont like (other than musicals) is self-referencing genre otaku parody type anime.
    Last edited by squeeze; 2013-10-11 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by loli ninja eating pizza View Post
    They also provide a quality streaming service, sometimes sub obscure shows that would have never even been picked up by fansub groups, and are almost always faster than other fansub groups too. So it's not like they are just getting paid to put out shitty subs.

Comparing the quality of their subs and saying "well they don't deserve money" is just retarded, because you aren't subscribing just to use their subs.

Meh, I like Horriblesubs. They aren't bad and they're usually way quicker to release than other sub groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Meh, I like Horriblesubs. They aren't bad and they're usually way quicker to release than other sub groups.
    I think cause they get their shows before they release so they can sub them and simulcast.

I would never save HS onto my hard drive unless I like the show and there's no other group at all in the slightest.

HorribleSubs isn't a sub group. They rip stuff from streaming websites (illegally) and upload them. That's literally all they do.

I think cause they get their shows before they release so they can sub them and simulcast.

I would never save HS onto my hard drive unless I like the show and there's no other group at all in the slightest.
    I imagine that's the case.

I don't see myself rewatching an anime so soon after the show has finished that not all of the blurays are out, so that's not really an issue. And I definitely wouldn't rewatch a tv release if the bluray was out or volumes were still releasing (I'm looking at you SSY. Release faster!). In that sense they're kind of like place holders and if I want to watch the show again I'll just download the bluray if I hadn't already. For watching currently airing I think they're fine. I generally just go with whichever subs are up first that are from a good group.

- - - Updated - - -

HorribleSubs isn't a sub group. They rip stuff from streaming websites (illegally) and upload them. That's literally all they do.
    Yeah, I know. You guys were talking about Crunchyroll's subs, which Horriblesubs uses.

Only reason I can stand it.

Galilei Donna - This show seems like it's going to be very interesting. Had a great first episode.

Oh snap, so excited. I know almost nothing about this show aside from the basic premise but I think it will be good. Apparently Studio Deen is bad and they're the ones who made it, so hopefully they don't screw it up.

- - - Updated - - -

With nearly all of the shows already releasing their first episode, here's what I'm watching from this season:

Gingitsune
    Unbreakable Machine-Doll
    Pupa (Hasn't aired yet but I know I'll be watching it)
    Yowamushi Pedal
    Non Non Biyori
    Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
    Tokyo Ravens
    Coppelion
    Miss Monochrome
    Valvrave
    Noucome
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Nagi no Asukara
    Samurai Flamenco
    Galilei Donna
    Strike the Blood
    IS: Infinite Stratos 2
    Outbreak Company
    Golden Time
    Kill La Kill
    Yuusha ni Narenakatta
    Log Horizon
    Magi
    Ace of Diamond
    Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
    White Album 2
    Kyousougiga
    Walkure Romanze (I'm going to drop this on the 3rd episode if it doesn't improve quite a bit)
    BlazBlue: Alter Memory (Another show I'm 90% sure I'll be dropping)

Shows I've already dropped:

Meganebu
    Diabolik Lovers
    Boob wrestling

Tooo many!