Quote Originally Posted by tanksin the enhance shamy View Post
    lol sora no otoshimono...i watched the first episode of that and laughed so hard but i havent watched more then that to love ru is also evry funny if your into that kind of comedy
    lol I love Motto to Love-Ru. It's the only anime with excessive fanservice that I can watch without feeling awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    I really do not recommend Bakemonogatari to anyone anymore. I really liked it myself, but most other people think it's slow, to much conversation and too little other stuff. Wich is actually kinda true. It contains a lot of talking, staring at the same scenery for half an episode isn't very uncommon.
    Yeah, it's definitely not for everyone. I really did enjoy the character interactions. It was hard to not like any of the characters they came up. I'm definitely looking forward to Kizumonogatari.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

Gun X sword. if it hasn't been said already, is a great short anime series. Action based, of course. with some romance added in.

i didnt really like the ending too it but up until then i enjoyed it pink chick was my fav character in it

im very excited about deadman wonderland. the manga is just amazing. i just hope the anime does justice to the manga.
    heres the anime preview on youtube /watch?v=XjZa6injUKc
    (i tried everything to hyperlink it but for some reason it just wont let me hyperlink stuff....)

but then, i was very excited about the beelzebub anime too but so far its just crap compared to the manga.... T.T
    Last edited by Railander; 2011-04-11 at 09:07 AM.

"If something doesn't make sense, its you who don't get it."
    -Me

So did anyone else watch Enma-kun? The old lady in the bath house had me laughing a good bit. Seems like it'll be another funny series to watch. I'm also looking forward to watching Astarotte's Toy develop. I'm a sucker for lolis after watching anime for so long.

God Finger Montage!

OK i'll change my opinion of Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood, managed to slog through the initial recap/retelling of the original and am about 2/3 through and it's been pretty good so far.

Sunabozu. epic ED track

All go watch Ping Pong club.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Man I just watched School Days and I've never been so pissed off at a protagonist that I wish I could kill him myself... and then I saw the ending, now I can die happy.

Hi guys I love this thread and its really helpful. Do any of you guys use any other forums maybe ones that are anime themed? I always feel weird coming to a WoW site for anime info and I don't play wow anymore. I joined Anime News Network but its not that happening. Anyone know of some good anime communities preferably ones that are mature (not NC17 mature but maybe one where a 10 year old Sonic the Hedgehog lover isn't the wisest person in a thread, but props to him)?

Thanks. Take care guys and gals =D

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    Angel Beats! for highschool action/drama/comedy in a very uncommon setting (i need to put that one on my list..).
    Samurai Champloo (or maybe Baccano!) for 'good' comedy with some action.
    I just watched Angel Beats! and checked out an episode of Baccano and I have to agree those are great recommendations =D

Ultimateotaku

Here's an anime for you

How about Sora no Otoshimono? Fantastic anime despite its ecchi-ness. Here is the plot

The plot revolves around a boy in the town of Sorami named Tomoki Sakurai who is one day invited by his childhood friend Sohara Mitsuki and Eishirō Sugata (the leader of "The New World" club) to come at midnight to witness a strange object seen crossing through their town's sky. Tomoki goes alone and as the strange object comes close, Sugata calls to warn him to get away from it. What falls from the sky is a creature called an Angeloid named Ikaros.

Ikaros imprints on Tomoki after he rescues her from being destroyed by falling debris. She introduces herself as a "Pet-Class" Angeloid and offers to fulfill any wishes Tomoki may have. In time, she begins to pick up human characteristics from her involvement with Tomoki and more of her past is revealed. We soon discover that Ikaros has left "the Heavens" in disarray, and various Angeloids are sent to retrieve her.

Also a small bit of advertising check out my blog Ultimateotaku.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post
    Hi guys I love this thread and its really helpful. Do any of you guys use any other forums maybe ones that are anime themed? I always feel weird coming to a WoW site for anime info and I don't play wow anymore. I joined Anime News Network but its not that happening. Anyone know of some good anime communities preferably ones that are mature (not NC17 mature but maybe one where a 10 year old Sonic the Hedgehog lover isn't the wisest person in a thread, but props to him)?

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 08:54 PM ----------

I just watched Angel Beats! and checked out an episode of Baccano and I have to agree those are great recommendations =D
    You could always try myanimelist.net forums.

But I'm sure there's communities all over that are more populated than it.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this seasons anime? Nothing really seems to stick out for me yet, although Steins;Gate seems pretty interesting so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandra View Post

Well...There are anime-fora all over the place, but I use just one forum, wich happens to be Dutch, so if you're not from the Netherlands, you won't find it that usefull =P

I'm currently watching Tears to Tiara. I read a lot that people didn't like it, because it would be too slow, but I like it ^^
    Not your average fantasy-anime ^^

idk i watched a few eps of tears to teira and dint really like it simply because the major female characters in it throw themselves at the demon guy...like even in to love ru a echi rampant harem anime some of the female characters had atleast some sence of self respect..not much but enough to make you actually like the characters

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post

So, what is everyone's thoughts on this seasons anime? Nothing really seems to stick out for me yet, although Steins;Gate seems pretty interesting so far.

do you mean the ones we just had or upcoming stuff? freezing is really good yes it has echi coming out of the floorbourds but once you watch a couple of epesodes it gets you hooked with the story alone and the background for setella especially.

dreameater merry..i think thats the english name for it..tbh i think merry is my fav female character out of anime thus far.

ummm yeah i cant really think of anything else lol too tired
    Last edited by tanksin the enhance shamy; 2011-04-13 at 12:25 PM.

well SRW Z2 is out and i would like to say its been a damn long time since they use the TV ver. of the Gundams in Gundam Wing (they've been using the EW ver. alot in thier games)

Haven't read all 116pages of this thread so don't know if it's been named yet but, a few days ago I found a fantastic anime called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=10704)
    It's about a earthquake with a 8.0 on the Richter scale that happens in the northern part of Tokyo Bay at a depth of25km.
    Especially now with the recent earthquake in Japan it gives you a real insight in how the people feel and what they have to endure after such a event. (Of course being at such a thing yourself is different but it does give you a idea).

As for the other anime I have seen I will just leave this link here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/MyAnime/?user=Aidou (it is pretty outdated though and I should add like 20-25 new shows that I have seen)

Quote Originally Posted by Karosene View Post

Yeah I know theres a lot of forums and communities out there that's sorta what I'm weeding through. Hoping to find a huge one with tons of active people rather than jump back and forth all over the interwebz.

As far as this anime season I really don't know of any shows that caught my eye and personally I havent seen any for myself yet : ( The one I hear the most praise for is Tiger & Bunny but not sure its for me. Battle girls I might check out but to be honest I'm so far behind in anime I wont even try to be current and watch a season. I'm excited though there are a bunch of good anime dvd releases this month and those will probably keep me busy.

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, But you should so check out Durarara, Its from the makers of Baccano! and I can honestly say, it's pure win. I've never enjoyed watching something as much as I did Durarara...