1. #22421
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Maybe try giving TTGL another chance? Your tastes might have changed slightly, it has happened to me before (Loving a show I dropped out of boredom earlier, that is.). Kill la Kill is so similar to TTGL it's not even funny.
    and IMO, TTGL doesn't really even get that good until episode 8+

  2. #22422
    Yuushibu ep3: The beginning was nice already... DAT SHOULDERSERVICE!
    Later we got more shoulderservice from phino in her casual clothes. And then in the second half...
    AMG TENTACOOL RAPE! And Raul Chaser against an evil tentacoolspawning malfuntioning Air Cleaner that has a go at all the girls... me gusta mucho! In short: It was faptastic!
    Story is a lie, there is only cuteness.
    Through cuteness, I gain lolis.
    Through lolis, I gain waifus.
    Through waifus, I buy merchandise to fund the industry
    The Moe shall free me.

  3. #22423
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Maybe try giving TTGL another chance? Your tastes might have changed slightly, it has happened to me before (Loving a show I dropped out of boredom earlier, that is.). Kill la Kill is so similar to TTGL it's not even funny.
    Yeah, I intend to go back to it one day I just haven't been very motivated to lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Araragi and Chitose!


  4. #22424
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Araragi and Chitose!
    It actually took me a while to figure out from where I knew that voice. Now I feel stupid for not recognizing it sooner, as the Monogatari series is one of my favorite shows.

    I will definitely watch Noragami next season though, as I like the manga quite a bit.

  5. #22425
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    and IMO, TTGL doesn't really even get that good until episode 8+
    Yeah, while the start is not bad it's the later part, (DON'T CLICK, LIKE SERIOUSLY!)after Kamina dies, when TTGL becomes TTGL.
    Last edited by Caine; 2013-10-18 at 10:42 PM.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  6. #22426
    Strike the Blood Ep 3 - Holy shit. So many characters this season are dying or are potentially going to die. That was brutal. Poor Himeragi. Him being an immortal vampire and the MC of the show I think we can assume he'll be back, but damn. It's kind of hard to come back from having your head removed from your body. When I saw the description and PV of this show I was just expecting some generic shounen garbage, and while it's not really original, I'm enjoying this show quite a bit. It's a lot darker than I thought it was going to be, too.

  7. #22427
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Strike the Blood Ep 3 - Holy shit. So many characters this season are dying or are potentially going to die. That was brutal. Poor Himeragi. Him being an immortal vampire and the MC of the show I think we can assume he'll be back, but damn. It's kind of hard to come back from having your head removed from your body. When I saw the description and PV of this show I was just expecting some generic shounen garbage, and while it's not really original, I'm enjoying this show quite a bit. It's a lot darker than I thought it was going to be, too.
    Same, I'm liking it a lot. Don't care how unoriginal is it, dark atmosphere+not being afraid of brutal scenes+awesome fights = a good action anime. I fancy the soundtrack in particular - not necessarily the music, which is not bad but not exceptional either - but the combat sfx. The sound effect when the MC attacked, got knocked out and further on in that fight? First class, permeated me to the bone.

    I have one doubt, though. He was hacked into his shoulder, diagonally, so that the blade would cut through the sternum and then emerge from opposite flank, severing the torso in two. (http://i.imgur.com/1Yir4MI.png what was shown explicitly is in black, what would have followed is in red). So how in the world is the girl holding his head alone afterwards? I'm not doubting anime psychics allowing the bad guy to effortlessly cleave him in half, but no way he'd be able to twist the axe and cut off the head alone, or remove it and cut again, this time across the neck. Oo
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  8. #22428
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Same, I'm liking it a lot. Don't care how unoriginal is it, dark atmosphere+not being afraid of brutal scenes+awesome fights = a good action anime. I fancy the soundtrack in particular - not necessarily the music, which is not bad but not exceptional either - but the combat sfx. The sound effect when the MC attacked, got knocked out and further on in that fight? First class, permeated me to the bone.

    I have one doubt, though. He was hacked into his shoulder, diagonally, so that the blade would cut through the sternum and then emerge from opposite flank, severing the torso in two. (http://i.imgur.com/1Yir4MI.png what was shown explicitly is in black, what would have followed is in red). So how in the world is the girl holding his head alone afterwards? I'm not doubting anime psychics allowing the bad guy to effortlessly cleave him in half, but no way he'd be able to twist the axe and cut off the head alone, or remove it and cut again, this time across the neck. Oo
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's anime so you kind of throw aside the logic at times lol, but when the guy cut him with the axe I was expecting him to have half of his body missing or something, or at least an arm. But him taking the axe in the back and a traumatized Himeragi holding his head makes for a better anime I guess lol. Which I would agree with, even if it doesn't make sense lol. http://i.imgur.com/L2JHJDm.jpg

  9. #22429
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It's anime so you kind of throw aside the logic at times lol, but when the guy cut him with the axe I was expecting him to have half of his body missing or something, or at least an arm. But him taking the axe in the back and a traumatized Himeragi holding his head makes for a better anime I guess lol. Which I would agree with, even if it doesn't make sense lol. http://i.imgur.com/L2JHJDm.jpg
    Haha, yeah, have to agree with that. It DOES make one hell of a scene. I just wish they made it reasonable - for example, The Bad Guy could have taken the weapon out of the wound and hacked again, this time horizontally - and boom, no problems with the logic and we still get the "Young girl traumatized by holding severed head of her (to be)love interest" scene out of it. I guess I'm a bit weird like that - I can accept the weirdest of premises, but when this kind of detail pops up it irks me to no end.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  10. #22430
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,671
    Kyousou- This show is getting so great it's hard to believe it. I thought the first episode was amazing, then the second episode came along and I watched it 3 times because it was so great, and now the newest one comes out and blows the other two out of the water. Plus that amazing OP that I can't stop listening to. Watching this show gives me that feeling I had when I first started watching anime and every scene made me giddy.


    Yuushibu - That first scene made my heart almost stop it was so adorable. Also ultra-tentacle rape. This show combines action, extreme ecchi, and comedy so well. This is so lewd I don't think it's legal. Also, that laugh that will save anime.

  11. #22431
    For reference, are you talking about Kyousou Giga? I don't follow the lineup or anything, so when I read this thread I usually just search MAL to figure out what people are talking about and then check things out. And if I might ask: what's so engaging about it?

  12. #22432
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    For reference, are you talking about Kyousou Giga? I don't follow the lineup or anything, so when I read this thread I usually just search MAL to figure out what people are talking about and then check things out. And if I might ask: what's so engaging about it?
    The story flows so amazingly, the characters are brilliant, it had that wonder feeling to it as you watch it like you've been sucked into such an interesting world, and the story is very strange on non-linear at parts. It also shows that there is far more to the story then what we have figured out so far and promises to be an awesome and interesting ride. I recommend checking it out. You really don't even have to see episode 00 unless you want to be super confused, but a good kind of "what the hell" confused.

  13. #22433
    Scarab Lord Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,284
    Log Horizon - This series just keeps getting better and better. The world and characters are absolutely fantastic. Serara is absolutely adorable, and Catman looks cool too. The main party just works so well together, love how the series isn't serious all the time and still manages to make you laugh. But the best part of this episode was Shiroe. His flashback with his old party and the ending where he mentions how they are the first adventurers to reach that point... that was cool as hell. Jesus, I love this show. Definitely my AOTS so far.

    Outbreak Company - This would be second place. The show is just so damn funny. Also, when Myucel said that she hoped MC would take her back to Japan... oh god, that was good.

  14. #22434
    where is hajime no ippo ;_;

  15. #22435
    My current ranking:

    1. Galilei Donna
    2. Log Horizon
    3. Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova.

    I like Galilei for the mystery. Log Horizon is slow but there has been no laziness at all in the style or character development so far - lets you keep the faith for more. I actually look forward to it even more than Galilei Donna. Ars Nova is a strange one, but very visually appealing and the fight tactics are fun to follow. Unlike Log Horizon, I pray it adds some meat to the story soon though.

  16. #22436
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    My current ranking:

    1. Galilei Donna
    2. Log Horizon
    3. Arpeggio of Blue Steel - Ars Nova.

    I like Galilei for the mystery. Log Horizon is slow but there has been no laziness at all in the style or character development so far - lets you keep the faith for more. I actually look forward to it even more than Galilei Donna. Ars Nova is a strange one, but very visually appealing and the fight tactics are fun to follow. Unlike Log Horizon, I pray it adds some meat to the story soon though.
    Just curious, how many shows are you watching this season? I wouldn't expect someone to list your #1 and #3 as one of their favorite shows this season.

  17. #22437

  18. #22438
    Top 3 is to hard... but probably something like this
    #1 Log Horizon
    #2 Unbreakable Machine Doll
    #3 Kill la Kill
    with top 3 contender outbreak company ^^ and i could easily list a ton of other anime i really enjoy this season ;<

    Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

  19. #22439
    all these top ten lists are missing hajime no ippo so they are void.

  20. #22440
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,671
    Now that I've watched pretty much everything except Gingitsune I might as well make my list.

    Kyousougiga
    Yuusha Ni
    Outbreak Company
    Galilei Donna
    Ore no Nounai
    Kill la Kill
    Non Non Biyori
    Tokyo Ravens
    Log Horizon
    Nagi no Asukara
    Strike the Blood
    Golden Time
    White Album 2
    Kyoukai no Kanata
    Machine Doll
    Yozakura Quartet
    Samurai Flamenco
    Yowamushi Pedal
    Coppelion
    Arpeggio


    This is pretty much every show I'm watching minus the second season (Magi, IS, Little Busters, Valvrave). Order isn't exact, I just smashed it together in order of enjoyment that I felt, and it'll probably change. Kyousougiga is super amazing, Yuusha Ni is too, Outbreak Company has all the great references and characters, Galilei Donna so far is really awesome but I am still unsure of the placing, multiple choice will probably drop, Kill la Kill might drop or stay, Tokyo Ravens will probably rise quite a bit if it is what I think it is, Strike the Blood dropped after I figured it was an Index clone but might rise again, Machine Doll will probably rise, Coppelion looked great at first but then turned absolute shit and I might drop it. I think I've already dropped Arpeggio but I'm still going to watch the second episode. The first was a mess.


    I'll come back to this when I've seen another 1-2 episodes of each and it's not 2 in the morning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •