Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Ooooh yeah! I forgot that she looks pretty rad. See, that's what I'm talking about! This season has been so all over the place that nothing about it has been truly memorable. At least to me anyway.
    The only points which link up together for total plot movement is anything to do with Nadeko, Senjoughara and Araragi (development of him as a character, not his involvement).

Kind of out of the blue, but I figured if anyone would know, it'd be people in this thread. Anybody got a link to the Nico Nico Douga Nisemonogatari video that makes a song of Karen talking about how "supa kuru ni pafekuto" she is? A la this:

I've had it stuck in my head for weeks and the YouTube link I had has been removed. QQ

Speaking of -monogatari, anybody else feel like Second Season was too pulpy and all over the place to really get into. I haven't been able to get invested at all because the plot switches focus and characters so frequently that there hasn't been any decent interaction. It's a shame because I've loved the series up to this point. I think, as reluctant as I am to admit it, that the absence of Senjougahara has been really detrimental. There's several members of Araragi's harem that I am a lot more fond of, but I think the chemistry between those two makes for the best viewing.

Actually I'm not sure if this is it but it will have to do.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    The only points which link up together for total plot movement is anything to do with Nadeko, Senjoughara and Araragi (development of him as a character, not his involvement).
    Very true, actually. Other characters are great, but they are definitely suited to support roles or acting as catalysts to move Araragi's development (and his and our insight into the world of oddities) along. Maybe the story (novels, show etc) falls into the trap of assuming that, because it uses harem elements in its creation, fans don't want to see the male character explored because in harem stuff he's typically just a no-personality avatar for the reader/viewer/player to project themselves into, but, as far as harem MCs (and male anime characters generally) go, Araragi is actually a very interesting character brought to life with very good voice-acting, so the show does feel somewhat hollow without him in the spotlight.
    I think that's why you're right to point out the distinction between the effect of seeing his development and his simple presence on screen, because in moments like the climax of Hanekawa's sub-arc, Araragi's turning up to save the day felt very underwhelming and unsatisfying.
    It definitely works best when the story centres around him and the harem is just an added bonus.

And on Nadeko, yeah, I thought it was bizarre how her plot seemed to be cut short with no finality. Just when it was getting going too.

I don't think all those flashback episodes (and the confusion around subbing them) helped with getting this season to feel like it had any kind of cohesion...

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    [video=youtube;c1OKPr5Of-I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1OKPr5Of-I[video]

Actually I'm not sure if this is it but it will have to do.
    That's it! \o/ Thank you very much! My mind is finally at ease!

Deleted
    Very true, actually. Other characters are great, but they are definitely suited to support roles or acting as catalysts to move Araragi's development (and his and our insight into the world of oddities) along. Maybe the story (novels, show etc) falls into the trap of assuming that, because it uses harem elements in its creation, fans don't want to see the male character explored because in harem stuff he's typically just a no-personality avatar for the reader/viewer/player to project themselves into, but, as far as harem MCs (and male anime characters generally) go, Araragi is actually a very interesting character brought to life with very good voice-acting, so the show does feel somewhat hollow without him in the spotlight.
    I think that's why you're right to point out the distinction between the effect of seeing his development and his simple presence on screen, because in moments like the climax of Hanekawa's sub-arc, Araragi's turning up to save the day felt very underwhelming and unsatisfying.
    It definitely works best when the story centres around him and the harem is just an added bonus.

And on Nadeko, yeah, I thought it was bizarre how her plot seemed to be cut short with no finality. Just when it was getting going too.

I don't think all those flashback episodes (and the confusion around subbing them) helped with getting this season to feel like it had any kind of cohesion...

That's it! \o/ Thank you very much! My mind is finally at ease!
    How far are you through the series? I'm only up to ep.15 right now (waiting for Christmas holidays) but from what i've seen there is some serious foreshadowing going on at the end of Nadeko's arc.

Deleted
    How far are you through the series? I'm only up to ep.15 right now (waiting for Christmas holidays) but from what i've seen there is some serious foreshadowing going on at the end of Nadeko's arc.
    Ep. 20, myself. I'm aiming to be fully caught up by tonight though. There's definitely signs of a storm brewing at the climax of the arc, but then it cuts to a completely different plot (unless Ep. 17 which I've been unable to find is actually key to the story and not a recap as I had assumed). It's weird. I'm hoping they'll go back to it before the season is done. Still a shame to break it up like that though.
    Maybe that's just how the novels have been written. If so, they're uber disjointed!

Deleted
    Ep. 20, myself. I'm aiming to be fully caught up by tonight though. There's definitely signs of a storm brewing at the climax of the arc, but then it cuts to a completely different plot (unless Ep. 17 which I've been unable to find is actually key to the story and not a recap as I had assumed). It's weird. I'm hoping they'll go back to it before the season is done. Still a shame to break it up like that though.
    Maybe that's just how the novels have been written. If so, they're uber disjointed!
    Well don't worry, it'll be dealt with.

Ep.16 is the recap episode iirc. Ep.17 is the beginning of the shinobu arc.

Also most sub groups have named them in a really weird manner, commie subs has 21 eps right now but seems to be up to date with release times so I dunno.

Edit; I got it figured out, ep.17 is the end of Shinobu's arc, 18 is the beginning of the final arc.
    Last edited by mmoc7ba4bd9e7f; 2013-12-19 at 04:19 PM.

Deleted
    Well don't worry, it'll be dealt with.

Ep.16 is the recap episode iirc. Ep.17 is the beginning of the shinobu arc.
    Ah okay. One off! xD

I sincerely hope so! It's been the most interesting development so far. Delightfully unexpected! Even though I'm saddened to see such a cute imouto figure go batshit! I'd read spoilers detailing that particular character's progression a good while back but I didn't believe them considering how that person appears originally!

Deleted
    Ah okay. One off! xD

I sincerely hope so! It's been the most interesting development so far. Delightfully unexpected! Even though I'm saddened to see such a cute imouto figure go batshit! I'd read spoilers detailing that particular character's progression a good while back but I didn't believe them considering how that person appears originally!
    I also think it is safe to assume we will probably get another series because a few more novels have been/are being released. When that series will come I don't know, but we will probably get one.

Deleted
    I also think it is safe to assume we will probably get another series because a few more novels have been/are being released. When that series will come I don't know, but we will probably get one.
    Aye, I think Shaft is pragmatic enough to keep making stuff if they know people will keep buying it. Especially with recent swing 'n' miss projects like Sasami-san and the massive success of the Madoka movies (really looking forward to getting my hands on the third one asap!).
    Some other studios seem to be reluctant to carry on with series if they feel they've done enough with it (*cough* KyoAni make Haruhi 3rd season *cough*)...

Plus, we've still got the Kizu- prequel movie that has supposedly been in the pipeline for ages to come yet!

15+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of -monogatari, anybody else feel like Second Season was too pulpy and all over the place to really get into. I haven't been able to get invested at all because the plot switches focus and characters so frequently that there hasn't been any decent interaction. It's a shame because I've loved the series up to this point. I think, as reluctant as I am to admit it, that the absence of Senjougahara has been really detrimental. There's several members of Araragi's harem that I am a lot more fond of, but I think the chemistry between those two makes for the best viewing.
    I think Monogatari S2 is the best of the series. The plot switching focus has happened since Bake. Nadeko and Hanekawa's I could see the argument for mainly because the shift from Ararararagi being the narrator (well, even this arc too with Kaiki), but I thought a chance of narrator is actually quite nice, despite what I said at the beginning of the season. (Hanekawa's arc was kinda crap).

Frankly I'm not the biggest fan of Senjou so I'm actually kinda happy she hasn't appeared much. Shinobu and Hachikuji are my favourites, and they've shown up a lot, so I don't really have anything to complain about.

The arcs in S2 have been amazing. Time travel one was incredible, especially with the ending. Nadeko's one actually raised some interesting points about unrequited love, and Nadeko actually developed into an interesting character. Shinobu time had both the amazing episode dedicated to Shinobu's past, and the ending was fucking phenomenal (Hachikuji ;_; ). And this arc is absolutely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    I was very disappointed with the ending. I'm so full of questions, I can't even tell what was properly explained in ep 10(?).

Did I get that right, that Izumi wanted Mirai to kill Akkeys Youmu (KnK). So it failed, meaning both, the evil glasses guy and Izumi basically failed. This results in a meaningless death of Mirai. (Unpleasant). I pretend to not have seen the last Minutes of the anime...

I wanted to know, what motives the evil glasses guy has. I didn't get the answer.
    The scene with the him fighting Izumi - I don't know... They better would not have shown that, because I had more questions afterwards. Aaaand she stabbed him and that was it?

And yeah, I absolutely do not understand ANYTHING about Izumi. Not her character, not her motives. It's like: give the series some reason to split Akkey and his Youmu side so that we can have 3 more episodes of meaningless action. In the end we're going to finish up everything in a way, in which NOTHING of this ever had to happen.

Well, at least the scene where Mirai breaks apart was good.
    Pretty much everything you mentioned was never really explained, so you're not alone in wondering what the hell happened. But on your first point, yes, Izume did want Mirai to kill Akkey since he had the beyond the boundary youmu in him and it was supposedly going to destroy the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I think Monogatari S2 is the best of the series. The plot switching focus has happened since Bake. Nadeko and Hanekawa's I could see the argument for mainly because the shift from Ararararagi being the narrator (well, even this arc too with Kaiki), but I thought a chance of narrator is actually quite nice, despite what I said at the beginning of the season. (Hanekawa's arc was kinda crap).

Frankly I'm not the biggest fan of Senjou so I'm actually kinda happy she hasn't appeared much. Shinobu and Hachikuji are my favourites, and they've shown up a lot, so I don't really have anything to complain about.

The arcs in S2 have been amazing. Time travel one was incredible, especially with the ending. Nadeko's one actually raised some interesting points about unrequited love, and Nadeko actually developed into an interesting character. Shinobu time had both the amazing episode dedicated to Shinobu's past, and the ending was fucking phenomenal (Hachikuji ;_; ). And this arc is absolutely hilarious.
    That's fair. It was definitely interesting to switch up the narration/character perspective but I guess it just kind of missed the mark for me.
    It's true that the show has flitted about somewhat in the past too, but I think the maintained focus on a few consistently prominent characters (particularly ones like Oshino who kept us informed on what was going on) kept it all held together.

I think Attack On Titan maybe spoiled me on anime with making excited to find out what was happening next week every week, rather than worrying about keping track of what was going to be happening next week. >. <

I'm probably going to have to give it all another watch over when it's finished and try and take it all in. Stupid, speedy flashes of text...
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2013-12-19 at 05:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nagi no Asukara - Really good episode. The beginning with the lolis and gramps was incredibly cute. The part with Hikari's sister and gramps having coffee actually might be my favourite scene of the series; the OST went along with it perfect, and the drama was actually pretty well done. And that ending... I feel bad for Kaname.

F/HA is moving! Several hundred lines in the last couple weeks! Gogogo!

15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, the newest episode of KLK is delayed on Crunchyroll. Same as Valvrave, which has been delayed the past 3 times already... what the hell.

Galilel Donna - This is undeniable my biggest disappointment of the season. I was so excited for it (the PV was awesome) but the entire thing was absolutely dull. Only redeeming points are time travel incest and Sky Pirate Araragi.

The ending was pretty horrible. I do have to say, though, when the old man was revealed to be Ararargi, I burst out laughing. It was so stupid it was hilarious, and I'm still laughing about it. Having that 'plot twist' after a trial that felt like it was written by an 8 year old... I just couldn't take it anymore.

If the show had focused on time travel or Sky Pirate Araragi, it would have been a billion times better.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2013-12-19 at 08:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    is it just me or is there a metric crapton of 2 cour series going on right now?
    Golden Time.
    Samurai Flamenco.
    KnB
    Tokyo Ravens
    Log Horizon
    Magi
    and i am sure i am missing some (not listing ones that don't run on a normal timeline like cardfight, pokemon, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    is it just me or is there a metric crapton of 2 cour series going on right now?
    Golden Time.
    Samurai Flamenco.
    KnB
    Tokyo Ravens
    Log Horizon
    Magi
    and i am sure i am missing some (not listing ones that don't run on a normal timeline like cardfight, pokemon, etc)
    http://i.imgur.com/lXofu6q.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    and im watching 10/12 of those lol

Yuri!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    and im watching 10/12 of those lol
    8/12 here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Yuri!

[video=youtube;rHxwu_Ak5GY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHxwu_Ak5GY[video]
    I have not watched this video yet, but you already intrigued me.