10+ Year Old Account
    New ep of HxH: Jesus fucking christ this show is fucking awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Well he is just crazy enough to get Mikasa Ackerman.
    A. She is fucking insane herself.

B. They are practically siblings so it's kinda wrong on many levels.;

Actually B is irrelevant, that has never stopped writers before has it?

A is reason enough. Also it's kinda like a magnet picking up a single iron filing out of a pile. Maybe Aryan Coconut is really into Eren.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandi View Post
    B. They are practically siblings so it's kinda wrong on many levels.
    They met when they were 9 years old. They have no genetic relation.

Apparently the standards for being practically siblings is set really fucking low these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Also note he gets in on the fight after quite some time - after the army noobs softened the boss up, add on the aid he gets from everyone else. Moreover, that dual-wielding skill is supposed to be overpowered, by Akihiko's words it's the tool he wanted to give to player he was making out to be the strongest. Moreoverx2, looking at this from both logical and storyline perspective: If bosses in SAO death game were as strong as an MMO boss normally is, everyone would die before 3rd floor. When Aincrad is re-created after ALO it's said that the new floor bosses require huge raids and multiple wipes to get down - in other words, got beefed up a ton to make up for death no longer being permanent.
    If being a wish fulfilment character is inherently terrible then 90% of all protagonists in all anime are terrible. I mean, Shiroe is what if not a wish fulfilment character, among his other traits? Incredibly smart, accomplished, respected and skilled, not to mention a personal loli. Does that mean he is a shitty character?
    Shiroe has the downfalls of not being able to solo very well, and he has actually shown growth. the problem with Kirito is the combination of all the issues he has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They met when they were 9 years old. They have no genetic relation.

Apparently the standards for being practically siblings is set really fucking low these days.
    I wonder why I said practically? Or right, that's because they aren't blood siblings.

They've been together 6 years and have seen some shit, serious shit, that helps bonding yo.

I wonder why I said practically? Or right, that's because they aren't blood siblings.

They've been together 6 years and have seen some shit, serious shit, that helps bonding yo.
    I wonder why you said anything about siblings in the first place.

Deleted
    I wonder why you said anything about siblings in the first place.
    In retrospect, I kinda do too. I know remember it has a point, that relationship is viewed differently by both parties, clearly Mikasa wants the D whilst Eren thinks of her as a sister so it ain't gonna happen.

I wonder why you started to be all pedantic too.

In retrospect, I kinda do too. I know remember it has a point, that relationship is viewed differently by both parties, clearly Mikasa wants the D whilst Eren thinks of her as a sister so it ain't gonna happen.

I wonder why you started to be all pedantic too.
    Having only seen the anime I read it as Eren not being interested in a romantic relationship at all.

Deleted
    Having only seen the anime I read it as Eren not being interested in a romantic relationship at all.
    My point exactly, glad we are in agreement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Shiroe has the downfalls of not being able to solo very well, and he has actually shown growth. the problem with Kirito is the combination of all the issues he has.
    Kirito has the downfalls of being a hikikomori nerd who has not done anything except playing games on the internet for years and being an emotionally unstable loner, as befitting a rather stupid kid thrown into a death game. Neither of those is on my wish-list as far as "wish fulfilment character" goes. Also, noticed how he stabilizes throughout the series? How is that not growth.

Seriously, if you want a wish fulfilment character Shiroe is much more of that than Kirito. An adult, vastly experienced and accomplished player who's widely recognized and respected. He has vast knowledge of the game, brilliant mind of a strategist, a throng of followers who see him as their superior and readily follow his orders, all of this stemming from how skilled he is as a player. Add a personal loli(more than one, depending on how you look at the situation >.>) and couple attractive women who apparently are interested in him in some way. On top of that, he's accomplished in real life as well - alumni of a technical college, afair. His "weakness" is that he "does not solo well".
    On the other side we have Kirito. An extremely skilled player capable of soloing content normally impossible without a group, plus some vj... if he had the balls to go through with it - but he's an immature, emotionally unstable kid; on top of that he's a complete failure in real life, a shut-in who only plays games entire time - at least before SAO. After SAO he starts working on himself and progressing out of the shithole, but that's another story.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-01-14 at 10:53 PM.

My point exactly, glad we are in agreement.
    No, we clearly draw the same conclusion but with different reasoning.

Deleted
    No, we clearly draw the same conclusion but with different reasoning.
    You're pedanticism is showing again.

Drop it, it really isn't a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    a deconstruction of the harem genre
    Does everything have to be a deconstruction of something?

You're pedanticism is showing again.

Drop it, it really isn't a big deal.
    I like how you can make blanket bullshit statements about us being in agreement and when I point out we're not it's me being pedantic and not you being pissy someone disagrees with you.

But thanks for pointing out my are pendaticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'd love to hear an explanation about why is Kirito so shit, but each time I try to talk about it all replies I get is "NO HE'S SHIT!".
    Because NO HE'S SHIT.

Chelly
    I like chuuni butts

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how you can make blanket bullshit statements about us being in agreement and when I point out we're not it's me being pedantic and not you being pissy someone disagrees with you.

pls stop........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    I like chuuni butts
    Who doesn't.

So I was playing Anna last night and my friend who was controlling it once he got over the fear of the mannequin he kept looking at her ass every time she appeared commenting on how finely crafted it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I don't get why people hate on Makoto or School Days.

Sure, it isn't a 'fun' experience, and Makoto seems like a prick. But if you look at it as a deconstruction of the harem genre, it does it incredibly well. You're not supposed to enjoy watching it, in-fact, I felt sick to the stomach while I watched it (mainly because I was spoiled of the ending). But I don't hate it, because I really don't see anything worth hating. It does its job perfectly.
    It's a shit anime, deconstruction or not. I fail to see how it's at all smart and clever in how it does things, even shows with way more unpleasant subject matters than School Days had are far more enjoyable series and do deconstruction well. I hear this "WELL IT DECONSTRUCTS HAREM" as an excuse for it being terrible. None of the characters are likeable save for Kotonoha, the situations are not realistic in the slightest and it's simply not well made at all, and Makoto is not a believable character. He's just what every super femnazi thinks all men are like, and an asshole for really no reason other than to be an asshole. That's not good writing, just because it's an uncomfortable and irritating show to sit down and watch doesn't mean it handled the situations it brings up in a way that can excuse all of it's shortcomings. It doesn't, it just doesn't.

Of course I'm speaking for the anime as I have never touched the VN.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-01-14 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted

Congrats you pointed out a grammar/spelling mistake. My problem isn't that you disagree, it's that you are making some huge fucking deal out of something so inconsequential is just paints you as a cunt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay...... yeah. Pointless bickering needs to stop.
    Be civil.