Quote Originally Posted by Parablius View Post
    Has anyone been watching Steins;Gate?
    It doesn't seem too good at first, but I've found myself loving each new episode. A friend who played the game says it gets super intense; can't wait to see what happens next.
    weird and fun at the same time.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Deleted
    I'm currently watching Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. It has a high 'wtf'-factor. Not because it's mindfuck and all, but more because it's just very, very weird xD That Kamina-dude is a total idiot >.<

Deleted
    Ninja Scroll <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kri4o View Post
    I had seen a lot of romance/drama anime before I saw Air and to be honest I didn't really like it. It's not like I hated it but it's not like I liked it either. I was actually quite hyped about it cause it took me a while to get my hands on the series but in the end I felt disappointed, it just didn't grow on me :-/
    maybe it would actually be the same for me.. but hypes are always bad. it's pretty basic human psychology: high expectations increase the chance of beeing disappointed (unreasonably, even), and the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Oh and & SY I feel the same as you do for angel beats only about Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou man I wish that show had done it's intended 24 episode run it just ended WAY to early. But sadly it seems that's how some if Not alot of shows are treated.
    evil producers and their lack of patience! :/
    but time is money, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Razeal View Post
    Ninja Scroll <3
    it was pretty weird, but i liked it too^^
    even though it's not one of my "omg<3" favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by methus View Post
    @Sy Can you please stop thinking about naruto as just a fighting - shounen. It is true that the action takes place in a shinobi world and at first maybe all you can see is the fighting but the anime is so much more than this. Lately the story is just so emotional and at whole new level of depth that judging it solely as some guys fight bla bla bla is just not fair.

Another fact that maybe allot of people miss is that it is focused on the "growth" of the main char Uzumaki Naruto
    who is a troublemaker at first who only seeks attention and who eventually matures into a fine potential leader that many acknowledge(which was actually what he wanted from day 1). He is the kind of person you would like to have with you if you were to ever be forced to go to hell. Furthermore you can see just how the world around him changes due to his kind heart and desire to help everyone. To some extent the same thing can be said about Monkey D Luffy from "One piece". People who today are your enemy and tomorrow would be ready to go to hell and back to save you. The character in bleach is probably to a lesser degree in the same boat. And there are allot more "heroes" such as the main char in "history's strongest desciple:Kenichi", Fairy tail(Natsu and the gang) etc.

You said you do not like fighting shounen animes but tittles like gunslinger girl or claymore fall into that category so in the end which one is it?

Anyways dunno if you just browse anime description or whatever but I can tell you that most of the time they don't always reflect how good things are. I could have missed AWESOME animes like "GTO: Great teacher Onizuka" or "Van Helsing" if I would have only took what I read from their description.

For me a good anime is measured by how high a connection I can establish with the main char(s) rather what the genre is. I am a boy/guy/whatever and I did watch stuff like "B Gata H Kei" simply because I found it funny as hell and to some extent because I could find a resemblance to Kosuda when I was younger.

On a final note it's ok to say you don't like a certain anime tittle because it just doesn't click with you but when I see such shallow reasons like it's "a fighting shounen" it just doesn't feel right knowing that some of them are way more than that. All of the thoughts in this reply are just my personal opinions and are not meant to force you to agree on what you should watch or not but rather to help refine your selection process.
    Guess what I am trying to say is don't judge a book by it's covers.

PS: Sorry if these things have been said before but cba reading 100 pages to check.
    I agree with you. Naruto has a lot more depth and especially emotion(anime, not the manga so much) than most anime's, along with the complexity of fighting that you generally don't see in most anime's. Its why when people describe it as a kid's anime or just fighthing they're really aren't describing it well.

I've watched a lot of anime's at this point, and tried many others, and Naruto is still a cut above most of them IMO, and at times its almost profound in its message and the emotions attached to it where you're completely enveloped in the moment. I haven't seen an anime that does music better to bring out the emotion or suspense than Naruto. Mostly talking about Shippuden tho, altho original Naruto was pretty good too. I think the Paiin arc is really where it took off, and Kage Summitt right now is just tons of action. Its had emotion throughout tho. Manga does not give you the emotional aspect due to the lack of music and more to the animated scenes than pictures IMO. Even the recent Anime scene with Naruto hyperventilating over all of his emotions and falling face first in the snow, the anime did it so much better than the manga could have ever hoped to.

As for Bleach i had a much more difficult time getitng into it unfortunately. It just felt it had nowhere near the depth of Naruto, and it was mostly fighting with very powerful characters, but not really like what Naruto gives you in terms of the world. I couldn't get past episode 15~ or so.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-05 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    Air is probably one of the saddest anime ever, but that's all it offers. No story, no plot. Just sadness. >.>

Almost done with Viper's Creed, another post-apocalyptic setting. A nice, fast watch, I hope all ends well, but...I'll see what happens :P
    Viper's Creed was prety good...just a shame that no group kept with it past the first few episodes, there was also another series that got released at the same time was Ride Back http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=6235 which was also good and virtualy no one has seemed to have watched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Viper's Creed was prety good...just a shame that no group kept with it past the first few episodes, there was also another series that got released at the same time was Ride Back http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=6235 which was also good and virtualy no one has seemed to have watched.
    It was different from your average mecha, wich is always good ^^
    To bad it ended not good (enough) ;-;

Oh, and I like anime where characters (either good or bad) are talking to eachother, but in wich one of them gets shot because he couldn't stop whining about this or that.
    Last edited by mmocc4309604a4; 2011-05-05 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Volviga View Post
    It was different from your average mecha, wich is always good ^^
    To bad it ended not good (enough) ;-;

Oh, and I like anime where characters (either good or bad) are talking to eachother, but in wich one of them gets shot because he couldn't stop whining about this or that.
    There was another mech one a while back that may appeal then, didn't watch it all the way through but the irony was quite good, group of kids piloting the giant mech and one of them gets a tiny wee bit mad with the power and ends up killing his whole family by accident and he only realised it after it was to late, cant remember the name of it though.

i dont really like mechas i used to watch a bit of gundam and macross but i always feel like meh about it... the only ones ive liked are IS: infinite stratos and Code Geass(well they could have used laser powered ostrich and i would had still liked) i cant remember any other mecha themed anime ive ever watched completely oh actually Vandred wich was actually kind of lame...

My today's top 5 anime reccomendations would be:
    -Clannad
    -Code Geass
    -Death Note
    -Fairy tail
    -Higashi no Eden

in no specific order

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    There was another mech one a while back that may appeal then, didn't watch it all the way through but the irony was quite good, group of kids piloting the giant mech and one of them gets a tiny wee bit mad with the power and ends up killing his whole family by accident and he only realised it after it was to late, cant remember the name of it though.
    Kurogane no Linebarrel AKA Linebarrels of Iron one of my favorites. Though the badass insanity just lasts for 3-4 episodes still worth a watch though.

Also Heroic Age is somewhat unconventional as well also try Bokurano if you don't mind depressing as fuck shows.

if Fairy Tail didn't have to make a squiggly line cute comment(mostly happy) every 5 seconds i'd be okay with it. It makes me crazy how they do that in the middle of fights. Its just way overboard IMO how often they do a cut in comment to whats actually going on. I like the overall story and idea but that part of the anime completely kills it for me. I lasted to like episode 11~ before i couldn't take it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Kurogane no Linebarrel AKA Linebarrels of Iron one of my favorites. Though the badass insanity just lasts for 3-4 episodes still worth a watch though.

Also Heroic Age is somewhat unconventional as well also try Bokurano if you don't mind depressing as fuck shows.
    Heroic age is indeed awesome...not seen Bokurano yet and i've got Linebarrels sitting on the HDD.
    As for Bokurano being depressing...that might actually be comical to me particularly if there's a good bit of irony but i've yet to see anything i class as depressing.

Actually scratch me not seeing Bokurano...i did watch some of it and i did laugh at it(was actualy talking about it a few posts ago) ended up dropping it for some reason though...don't really like the multi pilot mech theme and if i remember the characters were irritating as per most mech shows
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2011-05-05 at 09:08 PM.

heres a Super Robot anime i would recommend, Kotetsushin Jeeg
    its a sequel to the 1975 anime Kotetsu Jeeg which takes place 50 years later

Oooo didnt notice an anime thread on these forums. I am currently watching Hanasaku Iroha in between pull/wipes while raiding. Haven't found anything else worth watching this season.

Also reading Sangatsu no Lion when there is no anime to watch.

Have you not been checking out Ao no Exorcist Jinto, or are you not into action type series?

i think power rangers had a better combine sequence then that anime above...

this season so far im getting hooked on deadman wonderland, kami nomi zo shiru sekai, hiden no aria and astarotte no omocha... the others are ok but nothing outstanding

I was going to apologize for derailing the thread, but there's nothing to derail. Since I made my post about Wrath somebody kindly uploaded the death scene onto YouTube. It'll probably be taken down soon, but here it is while it lasts:

Death of Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    Ano hi mita hana, steins;gate, Hanasaku Iroha, [C], TWGOK2, Denpa Onnato, Tiger and Bunny and lotte's toy are what i'm following this season. Ranked in order of awesomeness.

I haven't seen it mentioned in this thread yet but Welcome to the N.H.K.! is one of my favorite anime. I can relate to it all too well.

Actually noticed they are going to have a When They Cry OVA later in the year and another Blood series called Blood C both of which should be worth watching.