10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    There has been very little evidence actually pointing towards the fact that Ghost Banri is supernatural, so I'm not sure why you seem to believe it is a fact. Even if he was, the point of him isn't even the curse... so again, not sure what you are even talking about. The 'curse' was only shown this episode, so are you saying he served zero purpose (objectively, not subjectively) until this episode?

And again, there is literally one or two lines dedicated to the idea that it was a curse. It isn't some fact. Chances are Ghost Banri just wished something bad would happen. It's not like he was intentionally casting some hocus pocus spell on them to make them have bad luck. It is like the idea that a child wishes their parent would die after he gets grounded, and the parent does die. The child would think it is his fault, even though his wish wasn't the reason it happened.

Your analogy is horrible (the ex one). Banri literally took his life away, this isn't some petty ex-revenge. Plus I seriously doubt you'd go 'well, someone else took my life away. guess i better just screw off, lol" if this happened to you.
    He's served exactly zero purpose until this episode exactly. Word for word. What else is a ghost other than supernatural? Unless it's a figment of his imagination, which would be hella stupid. Even worse than being supernatural. And you're saying everything that just happened was coincidence? What the hell is the point of animating it then. What's the point of the story at all? So we "believe" it's a curse? I've never seen an anime be that stupid before.

And yes, if someone took my life away and I lived out the rest of my life as a ghost I'd just be "Well whatever. I'm dead, my life is over, and there's jack shit I can do about it. The person who killed me won in the game of life against me, and that's that.[/spoiler]

Kill la Kill - Confirmed switched air date to Fridays from now on. That fucking car is great. And that troll OP was perfect.

I'm sensing something from "Believe in me like Mako does." Though maybe it's stretching too far. The scenes with all four of the Student Council together was so great, especially when they were transforming.

I'm also thinking Gamagoori has a crush on Mako. It's getting more and more obvious.

Satsuki saying that fairy tale bit confirmed that Ryuuko has a more than special bond with Senketsu. Something that will be the deciding factor in the end.

I wonder if Kill la Kill is going to get any crazier than it already is. Like new levels of crazy. So far it's only been her "leveling up" slightly.

The one thing this show has going for it is intelligent dialog mixed in with the heavy fight scenes and blatant fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    He's served exactly zero purpose until this episode exactly. Word for word. What else is a ghost other than supernatural? Unless it's a figment of his imagination, which would be hella stupid. Even worse than being supernatural. And you're saying everything that just happened was coincidence? What the hell is the point of animating it then. What's the point of the story at all? So we "believe" it's a curse? I've never seen an anime be that stupid before.

And yes, if someone took my life away and I lived out the rest of my life as a ghost I'd just be "Well whatever. I'm dead, my life is over, and there's jack shit I can do about it. The person who killed me won in the game of life against me, and that's that.[/spoiler]

Kill la Kill - Confirmed switched air date to Fridays from now on. That fucking car is great. And that troll OP was perfect.

I'm sensing something from "Believe in me like Mako does." Though maybe it's stretching too far. The scenes with all four of the Student Council together was so great, especially when they were transforming.

I'm also thinking Gamagoori has a crush on Mako. It's getting more and more obvious.

Satsuki saying that fairy tale bit confirmed that Ryuuko has a more than special bond with Senketsu. Something that will be the deciding factor in the end.

I wonder if Kill la Kill is going to get any crazier than it already is. Like new levels of crazy. So far it's only been her "leveling up" slightly.

The one thing this show has going for it is intelligent dialog mixed in with the heavy fight scenes and blatant fanservice.
    It's slowly turning into TTGL! Believe in me who believes in you!

- - - Updated - - -

TOOO many games! Not enough time!

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    It's slowly turning into TTGL! Believe in me who believes in you!
    I don't think it's gonna get as crazy as TTGL though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    I don't think it's gonna get as crazy as TTGL though.
    Not many things are, the only things that i've seen that come close to the "wtf that was a bit absurd" kind of level that TTGL had was Nichijou and Nichibros, but that was a totally different kind of absurd.

Last edited by mmoc7ba4bd9e7f; 2014-01-24 at 12:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Also I don't know how you guys even like the male character Mikakunin. His character design is absolutely horrible, and he has no personality. He isn't much better than the regular 'beta' MCs because he is still really dense. His entire character revolves around being emotionless and Kobeni, and he doesn't even feel like a real human being. He is pretty much Rei or Nagato without the interesting backstory, essentially making him a cardboard cut out.

If he was completely cut out of the show it would be better. That, or replaced with pretty much any other type of male character.
    He does have personality - it's just that his personality, thus far at least, is silent and detached. He's a very, very promising base - if the show goes on to be a bit plot driven, not just simple SoL comedy, he'll either be awesome or stay in background as something of a gag character.
    So who here watched the 3rd episode of witch craft works? Also who dropped it?
    Why drop it? It's great.
    Yahari Ore was a Romcom with one of the best MC's in anime history.
    No argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why drop it? It's great.
    It was dropped due to what I wrote about it earlier about the mc being beta and weak when the person who wrote the manga was a female who wanted some role reversal some people don't like that.

Deleted
    It was dropped due to what I wrote about it earlier about the mc being beta and weak when the person who wrote the manga was a female who wanted some role reversal some people don't like that.
    MC isn't beta though, just isn't really in a position to do jack shit, that is the manga though. The anime has portrayed him as beta right now to be fair, he seems to have a fedora for a brain.

Deleted
    Well he seems to have penguins on the brain more then anything even his broom had a penguin keychain attached to it!
    SPOILERS SOME OF US HAVEN'T WATCHED EP.3 YET! The nerve...

Deleted
    Sakura Trick ep3. Just one word: Creampuff.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Not many things are, the only things that i've seen that come close to the "wtf that was a bit absurd" kind of level that TTGL had was Nichijou and Nichibros, but that was a totally different kind of absurd.

You know what's awful? Non-Japanese people pronouncing "Simon" as "Seamone". Just makes no sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amnesia
    Baka and Test
    Campione!
    Code:Breaker
    Crime Edge
    Date A Live (And every harem ever)
    Infinite Stratos (^)
    Demon King (^)
    Ixion Saga DT
    Kono Naka
    Sora no Otoshimono
    Sword Art (wuts caractur develupment?)
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Arata Kangatari

All shows with limited to no character development, and I was being fairly lenient.

I think he's going to change for the sole reason that we've barely seen anything of him and the story is going to obviously end up focusing around their forced love.
    i think we have beaten the horses that are ichika and kirito to death. please don't resurrect them again.

- - - Updated - - -

for the witch craft question - watched episode 3. love it.

on yahari ore - loved it. agreed with those who said it was amazing. yukino yukinoshita is hilarious in her own right.

also. less than 24 hours to Log Horizon. commence Dance Party!

- - - Updated - - -

also. how the hell did we go through 3 pages in 10 hours? holy fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    God, this thread just reeks of trollbait.
    please feel free to leave on topic posts in the thread, and not just trolling posts or unconstructive ones. if you don't like where the thread is going, stay out. i fail to see how people posting there opinions on anime, in an anime thread, is considered trollbait. but hey, to each there own.

~21h you mean ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    ~21h you mean ;P
    okay 2 pages in 10 hours. i went to bed around 12 and it was still on page 1272. i come back and its up to 1274.
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2014-01-24 at 04:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's awful? Non-Japanese people pronouncing "Simon" as "Seamone". Just makes no sense.
    I'm pretty sure it's parody.

Chelly
    I'm pretty sure it's parody.
    They do it in the official dub too.

Been a while since I've posted a manga update picture. It hasn't grown drastically, but it has grown.

Close up details since that picture looks awful.

http://imgur.com/a/WUgQY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    okay 2 pages in 10 hours. i went to bed around 12 and it was still on page 1272. i come back and its up to 1274.
    Let's start a discussion on SAO and we'll get twice that.

Chelly
    Which SAO girl would you touch butts with?

Even though she's not really SAO, and I know nothing about her.

15+ Year Old Account
    let's not. everyone already knows where i stand on that anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do it in the official dub too.
    Oh god that's terrible why.

Like my coworker who tries to use a Japanese accent on everything he says and I can't understand a word of his Japanese.

- - - Updated - - -

Which SAO girl would you touch butts with?

Even though she's not really SAO, and I know nothing about her.
    Either her or Best Girl or Also Best Girl.