10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Jeez, I'm pretty sure I'm the youngest. I'm only 18. In first year of Uni.
    Aww *ruffles hair*

Ok I am officially calling you Sesto-chan!

Deleted
    Thought I was the youngest around here, I'm 19.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Ok I am officially calling you Sesto-chan!
    Isn't [-kun] the masculine one?

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Which is why he's using chan lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    Also regarding the cesspool of filth stuff - I guess people not posting the way they do in many other anime/manga forums helps a lot.
    I'm talking about stuff like this:
    Oh boy, every dedicated tsukkomi would have a field day with that one.

32 here, so I'm one of the old geezers.
    Also, I started with Sailor Moon (deadly afraid that other kids would find out about that)

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Chan is for children. Kun is for male yes but I am calling him a child!

Reddit's /r/ anime is just a bunch of Mary Sues and Gary Stus.
    It's too bad that after this place they're the next best thing, otherwise I wouldn't go on there. But it can be good for reading discussions and getting news and what not. I just rarely comment though because of how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    Which is why he's using chan lol.
    I guess that works.

Deleted
    Chan is for children. Kun is for male yes but I am calling him a child!
    Should use -tan, be a honorific hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    It's too bad that after this place they're the next best thing, otherwise I wouldn't go on there. But it can be good for reading discussions and getting news and what not. I just rarely comment though because of how it is.
    I go to /a/ for any anime news or talk about spoilers in lns or vns or compare manga with fellow anon's.

15+ Year Old Account
    I go to /a/ for any anime news or talk about spoilers in lns or vns or compare manga with fellow anon's.
    /a/ is almost guaranteed to have better discussion and news, and is definitely one of the best places to discuss anime. The Type Moon threads that appear daily are awesome.

Though it can be pretty hostile at first. You just need to know the unwritten rules. (don't use VLC, don't use abbreviation like wtf/omg/, don't ask for recommendations, etc) Once you get over that the people there are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    Should use -tan, be a honorific hipster.
    How about no!

I hate the website format. Don't think I'd ever use /a/ lol. That and I know spoilers are all over the place so I'd be worried about that.

/a/ is almost guaranteed to have better discussion and news, and is definitely one of the best places to discuss anime. The Type Moon threads that appear daily are awesome.

Though it can be pretty hostile at first. You just need to know the unwritten rules. (don't use VLC, don't use abbreviation like wtf/omg/, don't ask for recommendations, etc) Once you get over that the people there are pretty cool.
    Ya I make threads daily when ever I am on /a/ on anime that was auto sageing. Like WCW to name one.

Deleted
    If you want bad anime communities try AniDB. God, that place is so terrible - if you dare like any anime that's not 10 years old you'll get torn apart. When I dared mention I kinda liked Btooom! the reaction I got would make you think I confessed my everlasting love for Hitler and asked for tips on preparing grilled infants. Oo

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, LOGH is getting another adaption. I've heard it praised as amazing, wonder if this new adaption will be as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    Why do the interesting discussions always start when I'm asleep
    I feel that way waking up to 3 new pages. Even though it's awesome it also feels weird having so much discussion in this thread now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    I started with Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, SAO, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
    Interesting.. choices.......

(All three drove me insane)

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Quite a few started with shounen I see.

My anime adventure started out pretty normally, but took a quick turn:

Bleach > Toradora > Shakugan no Shana > Zero no Tsukaima (can you see where this is going?) > a lot of other anime > Fairy Tail > Naruto

Most of my shounen shows are after everything else :O
    Yeah, so many started out with endless. I guess I started with FMA but was instantly in the realm of ecchi/fanservice and then moe/SoL before going back to shounen.

Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    'What a long, strange trip'. Kyojin got me hooked and then randomly deciding to watch one of the ecchiest things i've ever seen... Starting with gosick it became more than just thoughtless enjoyment. And then, there was Clannad (AS)... Just for this (opinion) Masterpiece, I am happy that I was introduced into anime. I have yet to watch things like Steins:Gate, FMA:B etc. But I'm trying to do only one catchup besides the immense amount of currently airing shows. Currently: Toradora! (And rewatching Madoka for the 3rd time :-/ )
    I know how much the appeal to rewatch shows like that is but there's too much out there. :P

I'll give you a list of what everyone/most everyone in this thread calls masterpieces or what are undeniably masterpieces regardless of opinion on them. (That sounded really political) Also not posting what you've already seen.

Code Geass
    Fate/Zero
    Monogatari
    Spice and Wolf
    Psycho-Pass (Even if some parts are weak it's Urobuchi and it counts damnit)
    Shin Sekai Yori
    Steins;Gate
    Index/Railgun (Putting this just because of how overly popular the entire franchise is even if it's not godtier like the rest)

Others pretty much everyone would recommend:
    AnoHana
    Hataraku Maou-sama! (McDonalds)
    Durarara!!
    Inu x Boku SS
    Spice and Wolf

Just to give you a basic starting list if you need one. Pretty much every list will have most if not all of these shows on it and all of them are verified good by me at the least. (I'm allowed that power, right? :3)

This list is also so broad it goes towards pretty much everyone ever that appreciates anime (maybe I should save it for future reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonon View Post
    21 so yeah he's the babbiest out of all us babbies.

Also regarding the cesspool of filth stuff - I guess people not posting the way they do in many other anime/manga forums helps a lot.
    I'm talking about stuff like this:
    One Day All Of A Sudden I Found Out The Age Of My Sensei And Now I Dont Know What To Do With It
    Release Date: Never

Also source please.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Thought I was the youngest around here, I'm 19.
    Okay before I do my age I want a guessing game just because I'm intrigued.

Deleted
    Turning 24 this coming up April.
    That's not old at all ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    yeah if 24 is old...i'm ancient.
    So like... 25? (Edit: Close enough)
    Last edited by mmoca4d455c28a; 2014-02-12 at 05:51 PM.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Also source please.
    http://dis.4chan.org/read/anime/1160634757
    Okay before I do my age I want a guessing game just because I'm intrigued.