Chelly
    Worst case scenario: Live action adaption.

Quote Originally Posted by Esdese View Post
    Worst case scenario: Live action adaption.
    Even worst case scenario is the author debuts as a male idol!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    A second season would certainly be nice. I have my doubts though.
    The Durarara staff had to create a whole new studio just to make the second season. Durarara was produced by Brain base so they left and made a new studio to get a S2. There is a possibility that it might happen for Yahari too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I don't watch it either! That adaptation is an atrocity committed upon the books. :<
    The adaption does the books perfectly. Martin even writes a few of the episodes.

You're crazy.

It's a better adaption than the LotR movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara - This show is so stupid but this episode was enjoyable. Less drama.

Trap is definitely best. Voiced by Hanakana, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my high school was less subtle. Last "prank" I remember was someone setting the shitter on fire, causing an evacuation in smoke-filled corridors.
    My high school one year put thousands of plastic forks into the yard surrounding the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post

The Durarara staff had to create a whole new studio just to make the second season. Durarara was produced by Brain base so they left and made a new studio to get a S2. There is a possibility that it might happen for Yahari too.
    You said there wasn't enough material though last time I asked you about it.

Ya there isn't only 3 volumes but who knows it could be like LH were the author is going into overtime to get enough source material to get a s2 ready.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    The adaption does the books perfectly. Martin even writes a few of the episodes.

You're crazy.

Eh... not really. Season 1 is decently done, but everything from there widely changes. Characters are removed, events are switched around, random dynamics are thrown in for no reason, etc. It definitely isn't a perfect adaption.

That said, it is still good. I don't really look to the show for a 1:1 adaption, seeing as it wouldn't really be feasible. I just watch it to see certain scenes brought to life.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's crazy. They have enough material for multiple seasons.

First season only animated first 3 books, there's 13 novels and a sequel series coming out with the first book out 4 days ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Eh... not really. Season 1 is decently done, but everything from there widely changes. Characters are removed, events are switched around, random dynamics are thrown in for no reason, etc. It definitely isn't a perfect adaption.

That said, it is still good. I don't really look to the show for a 1:1 adaption, seeing as it wouldn't really be feasible. I just watch it to see certain scenes brought to life.
    Very little was changed. A few characters were renamed to make sense, a few characters were pushed back so other characters would meet them in a different place, and that's about it.

That's crazy. They have enough material for multiple seasons.

First season only animated first 3 books, there's 13 novels and a sequel series coming out with the first book out 4 days ago.
    Where are you getting 13 novels from? There is only 9 unless your confused with the Manga?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are you getting 13 novels from? There is only 9 unless your confused with the Manga?
    Light Novel: 13 volumes.

Original Run: April 10, 2004 - January 11, 2014.

There are 14 novels out currently.

The Durarara!! light novels are written by Ryohgo Narita and illustrated by Suzuhito Yasuda. The first novel was released in April 2004 under ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko imprint and the thirteenth and final novel was released in January 2014. A sequel series, titled Durarara!! SH is under production.
    That's enough material for 3 seasons right now. Another 2 by the time those are adapted, even more.

Light Novel: 13 volumes.

Original Run: April 10, 2004 - January 11, 2014.

There are 14 novels out currently.

That's enough material for 3 seasons right now. Another 2 by the time those are adapted, even more.
    We aren't talking about Durarara we are talking about Yahari. I used Durarara as a analogy since Yahari and Durarara were both produced by Brains Base. Yahari only has 3 vols left of material atm and vol 9 is getting released on the 18th.
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-04-14 at 04:46 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very little was changed. A few characters were renamed to make sense, a few characters were pushed back so other characters would meet them in a different place, and that's about it.
    ...no.

So much was changed. Stuff like Robb and Co. not going to the Riverlands until sometime in S3, Jaime killing his cousin to escape (wtf), Shae being a hand maiden for Sansa, Shae actually loving Tyrion, Gendry replacing the Stormlands bastard. These are all major changes that are nothing like the books, do in fact change the characters in ways that make them nothing like their book counterparts.

The Game of Thrones show is good, but it is definitely not a perfect adaption.

Deleted

You're crazy.

The fact it's less bad than LotR does not make it good. LotR was terrible adaptation. Good movies, but a terrible adaptation.

Putting aside numerous and varied minor(minor yet important) differences, shit like removing a character as vital as Jeyne Westerling? Screw this. >.>

Game of thrones best episode the asshole is finally dead now i only need to see Aria starting her Assasin training and i am happy. (also i dont really know what is going to happen as i have only red the first book and simply couldnt handle the permanent change of PoV dont like stuff like that in books <.<)

Also for LOTR they basicly cut each book in half for the films it was a major dissapointment ofr me :< but they were still good anyway

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't talking about Durarara we are talking about Yahari. I used Durarara as a analogy since Yahari and Durarara were both produced by Brains Base.
    Oh, the thing you quoted mainly said Durarara.

Oh, the thing you quoted mainly said Durarara.
    You didn't read the last part then. There is a possibility that it might happen for Yahari too.
    If Durarara can get a S2 Yahari can too. Cause fuck Brains base with s2 never!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    ...no.

So much was changed. Stuff like Robb and Co. not going to the Riverlands until sometime in S3, Jaime killing his cousin to escape (wtf), Shae being a hand maiden for Sansa, Shae actually loving Tyrion, Gendry replacing the Stormlands bastard. These are all major changes that are nothing like the books, do in fact change the characters in ways that make them nothing like their book counterparts.

The Game of Thrones show is good, but it is definitely not a perfect adaption.
    Buh, fine. All the changes were brought through Martin though, so I fully trust them.

The fact it's less bad than LotR does not make it good. LotR was terrible adaptation. Good movies, but a terrible adaptation.

Putting aside numerous and varied minor(minor yet important) differences, shit like removing a character as vital as Jeyne Westerling? Screw this. >.>
    She was replaced by a different character.

And the LotR was great, if they put everything in the movies it would bore people to tears, like the book can do.

Deleted
    She was replaced by a different character.
    Yeah, and why? Because that's a fucking important storyline, and screwing around with it is pointless and bad. GoT is a good series, but it is not a good adaptation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, and why? Because that's a fucking important storyline, and screwing around with it is pointless and bad. GoT is a good series, but it is not a good adaptation.
    Probably to help the series make more sense.

It's a great adaption, one of the best out there. Hands down. Martin writes a fair amount of the scripts himself.