Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I'm sure everybody on the last page was ogling over her personality.

I'm sure they were ogling her eyes/stomach/hips... mmm... those hips...
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

I just got done watching School days. Holy shit, that's one fucked up ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    I just got done watching School days. Holy shit, that's one fucked up ending.
    Surprised ya didn't know already seeing as it's not only the origin of nice boat(censored TV broadcast showed a boat instead of the gore quite funny actually) and the ending itself is quite famous in it's own right. Then again i may just hang out in the crazy parts of the internet so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Your wife just doesn;t get it then.

Oh and try Zero no Tsukaima and Tenchi Muyo GXP oh also Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, Vandread for some action and fanservice Oh right and for nigh absolute fanservice and awesome action try Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou or as the english release calls it Demon King Daimou oh right and Gravion and Goddannar

as for pure fanservice try

Girls Bravo and Dears

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou, Gravion, Goddannar and Girls Bravo should be PERFECFT for you while the others may not be perfect but should be close enough to have you really enjoying them.
    EDIT forgot to add Kurogane no Linebarrel or Linebarrels of Iron trust me you'll love it fanservice and fighting. Oh and at one point the main character can't summon his mech due to nosebleeds you can guess why. Oh and go for the official release if ya can it;s uncensored after all.

---------- Post added 2011-08-13 at 10:48 AM ----------

Yaknow, I really can't get into the whole robot thing. I see people in suits and i feel like I'm watching sunday morning Hanna Barbara or Cartoon express. It's like it's 1985 and I'm 10yo old again.

I'm about mid way through the first girls bravo season, it's pretty good so far. I bookmarked Demon King Daimou, I'll get to that one too. Still trying to find a good download of anything else. Wish crunchyroll had some of these, I spend more time on free sites anymore then I ever do on crunchyroll, I guess I'll just be paying 6 bucks a month to watch Bleach a few days early.

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 10:49 AM ----------

Surprised ya didn't know already seeing as it's not only the origin of nice boat(censored TV broadcast showed a boat instead of the gore quite funny actually) and the ending itself is quite famous in it's own right. Then again i may just hang out in the crazy parts of the internet so meh.
    Ya well yaknow. I said it like 20 pages back somewhere but, I just started watching other types not too long ago. Since I found Bleach years ago, that's the only thing I've ever been able to really get into. So everything is new to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faded Design View Post
    Yaknow, I really can't get into the whole robot thing. I see people in suits and i feel like I'm watching sunday morning Hanna Barbara or Cartoon express. It's like it's 1985 and I'm 10yo old again.

---------- Post add
    LOL you'd be surprised. For instant the Isekai series doesn't even touch on the robot aspect much until later on and in vandread it;s more about the humor than the mecha. Besides i only even mentioned things with enough fanservice to apparently land some of em in the adult section of the local comic store(apparently some mother bitched or something like that). But trust me the old Hanna Barbera stuff has NOTHING on these shows even if they are more fanservice oriented. Hell even Golion kicks voltrons ass with things like beheading the so called "robeasts" actually being 100% organic blood coming off the bodies the sword failing REGULARLY actual death of main characters and so on. Trust me man these are NOT your saturday morning cartoons.

Try Gundam 08th Ms Team or 0080 War in the Pocket oh and 0083 Stardust Memory. All three of those are pretty serious and good examples of mecha shows that will most likely be as different from saturday morning cartoons as ya can get. Oh and Zeta gundam as well i mean kamilles mom dies in the 2nd or 3rd episode shot to death right in front of him(if you consider this spoilers get out more this show was aired in 85). Heh i'll need to think of some more but trust me mecha is not what you think it is. Even Wing was censored in it;s original airing here in the US. Robotech was as well when they merged the series for that matter.

Camille is a MANS NAME

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 10:59 PM ----------

VOTOMS is no kids cartoon

Last edited by Shishca; 2011-08-15 at 10:59 PM.

Well, I lied before: I ended up having a few spare hours and finished off The Legend of Legendary Heroes. I'd say it was pretty solidly "alright." While I can see that it's based on manga/LNs it feels like they didn't really take into consideration how much time they had to work with in the anime. That is, just following Sion/Miran and Ryner/Ferris would have been enough for the series; I was probably enjoying the series the most around the late teens when it seemed like they had accumulated enough interesting situations that needed to be resolved. But they try to follow Kiefer, Milk and her squad, Duke Lieral, Tiir, and all the Gastark people and instead of making the series richer it detracts from the main plot because they feel thrown in there as plot devices rather than as characters in their own right. In the end they just run out of time and don't do justice to anybody. Again, I'm aware that this is based off of other material but it felt like they did a poor job selecting what was most important.

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. I guess off to Clannad now...
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-15 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I lied before: I ended up having a few spare hours and finished off The Legend of Legendary Heroes. I'd say it was pretty solidly "alright." While I can see that it's based on manga/LNs it feels like they didn't really take into consideration how much time they had to work with in the anime. That is, just following Sion/Miran and Ryner/Ferris would have been enough for the series; I was probably enjoying the series the most around the late teens when it seemed like they had accumulated enough interesting situations that needed to be resolved. But they try to follow Kiefer, Milk and her squad, Duke Lieral, Tiir, and all the Gastark people and instead of making the series richer it detracts from the main plot because they feel thrown in there as plot devices rather than as characters in their own right. In the end they just run out of time and don't do justice to anybody. Again, I'm aware that this is based off of other material but it felt like they did a poor job selecting what was most important.

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. So I guess with that out of the way I may poke Clannad with a 10 foot pole.
    I just realized the biggest difference between us. You seem to mainly process all the data on a conscious while i do it mainly on a subconscious level. That an i don;t focus as much on art or audio and more on the data from the story characters or even their comments. Even shows like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou god me thinking(mainly about how if ya think about it the classical christian demons are more freedom seekers than necessarily evil entities). It's interesting though to see how others process data and information to reach a conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account

With that out of the way the animation was pretty good and I liked a lot of the effects used in the show (especially when Ryner starts annihilating stuff). I also thoroughly liked Miran Froaude's role in the series. And obviously I thought was at least entertaining enough to finish. I guess off to Clannad now...
    Watch this next:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Leg...alactic_Heroes

I think you would like it.

ORE TACHI GA JIGOKU DA

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Watch this next:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/820/Leg...alactic_Heroes

I think you would like it.
    Oh yeah, I wrote that down and bookmarked it. Forgot about it. I'm outta here drama suckers! /flee

---------- Post added 2011-08-15 at 08:50 PM ----------

Even shows like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou god me thinking(mainly about how if ya think about it the classical christian demons are more freedom seekers than necessarily evil entities).
    In the context they were written being a freedom seeker was a negative thing.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-16 at 03:15 AM.

just youtubed the ending to school days cas someone mentioned it...that was fucked lol and thers like 4 different endings all so bad i dont see that everyday in anime i guess

Frankly this scene is more fucked up than school days.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post

I tryed to get into that show but i just couldnt the faces make me feel like im watching a little kids show

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I tryed to get into that show but i just couldnt the faces make me feel like im watching a little kids show
    alot of us went into higurashi 1 thinking it was moe.

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    i refuse to watch either of them because i hate seeing cute girls get brutally killed...

ive started watching Jigoku Shoujo(Hell Girl)
    accidentally started watching season 2 but whatever

i really like Ai Endo

I'd never be able to watch scary things like Higurashi and School Days, it would give me nightmares.

There's a reason why I only watch some of the more popular Shōnen-type anime, at least there the good guys win in the end, I like that. Romance and humor is good too though.

Just not screwed up little killer girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I'd never be able to watch scary things like Higurashi and School Days, it would give me nightmares.

There's a reason why I only watch some of the more popular Shōnen-type anime, at least there the good guys win in the end, I like that. Romance and humor is good too though.

Its aggravating in shonen though, you know no matter what happens ichigo will achieve a new state of godliness to overcome the slightly more powerful than what he just finished beating bad guys. All of them do that shit, its so formulaic its not fun anymore because theres NEVER anything bad that really happens.

Somewhat relevant to the School Days and or Higurashi.

Watch your favorite murder to the tune of Night of Nights or Oyome Ni Shinasai.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post

For me it's a fine line. I don't watch disturbing things for their own sake; in fact if I feel that a show is trying to be demented just for shock/emotional value then I'll probably just stop watching it (I came || this close to dropping Black Lagoon because of the Romanian kids). However, there are more subtle ways that the feeling can be employed. That same sense of disgust is evoked when one is faced with a moral mismatch and is the basis for ethical dilemmas. It's how a series can tell you that something is wrong without stating it. To me that's much of the power of this kind of artistic medium: conveying ideas by elegant demonstration rather than less-efficacious prose.

***GUNSLINGER GIRL SPOILERS***

That said, I can only guess that "screwed up little killer girls" is a reference to Gunslinger Girl (yay, all my posts weren't a waste!). Not sure if you watched the whole series, but I think it ends on a surprisingly hopeful and sublime note. Despite everything that transpires divinity is still able to shine through.

You also have to look at more subtle points; for instance the two girls that die in the series aren't designed to be tearjerkers. Elsa's death scene, while undoubtedly tragic, is also played to the song Chiesa ("Church"). There's a definite loneliness to the melody, but it's an interesting selection as well with its up reaching choral aspect. In fact, they reserve the far sadder Etereo for when Elsa is emotionally crushed as well as for when Henrietta is first being trained; that is a song mourning the breaking of things that can never be fixed. While sad, her death is also a final culmination and the end of suffering. The other death, Angelica, (I apologize for lack of subs) is actually one of the most gentle passings I've ever seen. She is finally able to get the love from Marco that she has desperately desired and leaves the world in peace while the choral section of Beethoven's 9th soars in the background:

Joy, beautiful spark of divinity
    Daughter from Elysium,
    We enter, drunk with fire,
    Into your sanctuary, heavenly (daughter)!
    Your magic reunites
    What custom strictly divided.
    All men become brothers,
    Where your gentle wing rests.

So this is why I don't consider GSG offensive, because its disgust serves a very potent purpose to contrast what is next to what could and should be.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-16 at 06:20 PM.