1. #4021
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    i saw it-- luckily someone translated it to Spanish

    ....shes actually carrying triplets, they have been married for years and she recognizes that if ryuji is a dog shes a....
    This thread jsut got extremely weird, much worse then the previous weird state. Good thing steins gate will bring us back to a sane amount of weird

  2. #4022
    Keyboard Turner karloz1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not in U.S.
    Posts
    4
    haahhaha taiga used to call ryuji baka-inu(stupid dog) in the series if im not wrong thats why...



    also finished watching Ga rei Zero last night and well its a recommended one for sure the action its pretty nice the blood/gore its just perfect, the characters are lovable and the plot was different but pitifully it failed on certain things like the scene at the graveyard where the classmate starts being a bitch because she killed the teacher... i mean that was stupid who would dare to point finger on somebody who saved your fuckin life from a crazy woman.... or the one at the hospital when the uncle comes in and starts annoying/yelling/disturbing a patient who is just getting recovered from a fuckin terrible nearly fatal attack... i mean what kind of hospital is that and finally that byakuei it was supposed to be the ultimate ga rei beast but Nue was vastly superior....

    well thanks god today its science day

  3. #4023
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    can't wait for season 3 of FT wich should air in september so i suppose it will just continue directly when season 2 ends.

    anyway, what's you guys/girls list of anime?
    mine: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/synaia/anime
    there's some old anime in it too and those were mostly watched on tv when i was bit younger so added them, tho my list is bit outdated and should update watching series episodes and add more watched anime.

    Edit: if there's an anime that isn't in my watched list and you think it's good, feel free to tell me so i can check it out.

    edit 2: so for the upcoming fall 2011 season, for wich anime are you excited? (click for 2011 fall anime season) (and zoom in else, you can't read it ^^ )
    Last edited by Synaia; 2011-08-30 at 05:31 PM. Reason: added another link.


  4. #4024
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post
    also finished watching Ga rei Zero last night and well its a recommended one for sure the action its pretty nice the blood/gore its just perfect, the characters are lovable and the plot was different but pitifully it failed on certain things like the scene at the graveyard where the classmate starts being a bitch because she killed the teacher... i mean that was stupid who would dare to point finger on somebody who saved your fuckin life from a crazy woman.... or the one at the hospital when the uncle comes in and starts annoying/yelling/disturbing a patient who is just getting recovered from a fuckin terrible nearly fatal attack... i mean what kind of hospital is that and finally that byakuei it was supposed to be the ultimate ga rei beast but Nue was vastly superior....
    SPOILERS FOR GA-REI ZERO
    I have to disagree a bit with some of your criticisms.

    -I thought the graveyard scene was irrational but that's the point. They were normal girls living a normal life and then their friend shows up and hacks up a person with a sword; they're now promptly informed that the entire world is crawling with demons and that their good friend is involved in their violent destruction. I don't know about you, but I'd be a little weirded out. It doesn't matter that rationally the nurse was a monster, it's that Kagura showed up and demonstrated a willingness to kill if necessary. At that point the one friend was just speaking out of fear and confusion, and even if it's stupid Kagura is a convenient focus for it; the fact that her anger relents when Kagura falls apart in turn supports this.

    -I agree it's not realistic that you let a lunatic into an invalid's room at a hospital, but at the same time that development was rather important. It was the fact that they piled all of Yomi's problems onto each other, one after another, that made her transition so believable to me. In the course of less than a week she goes from being a young, fit, attractive girl who is heir of the family to losing her "father," being betrayed by her cousin, robbed by her uncle, and abandoned by Noriyuki's family. This isn't to justify her actions, but I thought they did a very good job of making all the conspiring pettiness come together to break her.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 12:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Edit: if there's an anime that isn't in my watched list and you think it's good, feel free to tell me so i can check it out.

    edit 2: so for the upcoming fall 2011 season, for wich anime are you excited? (click for 2011 fall anime season) (and zoom in else, you can't read it ^^ )
    *inserts customary plug for Gunslinger Girl* Although I don't really know if you'd like it. I have to put this disclaimer every time because the show is extremely dull if you're not affected by the pervasive sense of melancholy and its portrayal of a horrible-yet-beautiful world.

    And I'm excited for...nothing in particular. I'll just leech off others' watching to figure out what I want to see after the fact. ;D

    Edit: I just realized I don't think you've seen most of my favorites (although I have no idea what your tastes are). I could have just missed them since I don't use that site but I didn't spot Spice and Wolf, Mushishi, Samurai Champloo, or Steins;Gate. To save myself some time: link to description of some of the series.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-30 at 06:25 PM.
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

  5. #4025
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,865
    Guess what day it is?


    SCIENCE DAY!

  6. #4026
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    SPOILERS FOR GA-REI ZERO


    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 12:18 PM ----------

    [/COLOR]

    *inserts customary plug for Gunslinger Girl* Although I don't really know if you'd like it. I have to put this disclaimer every time because the show is extremely dull if you're not affected by the pervasive sense of melancholy and its portrayal of a horrible-yet-beautiful world.

    And I'm excited for...nothing in particular. I'll just leech off others' watching to figure out what I want to see after the fact. ;D

    Edit: I just realized I don't think you've seen most of my favorites (although I have no idea what your tastes are). I could have just missed them since I don't use that site but I didn't spot Spice and Wolf, Mushishi, Samurai Champloo, or Steins;Gate. To save myself some time: link to description of some of the series.
    dw about my tastes, i love pretty much every type of anime, i'll check them out thursday when my net is back, can't watch vids if they need an hour and more to load :P (more like a download limit of 120Gig a month and i'm over 135Gig atm and it resets every month, problem is also caused with sharing the net with my brother, sister and parents)

    edit: there's some more anime waiting to be watched, already got over 30series bookmarked that need to be watched, i'll add them to the list but no guarantee, it will be for the next 2 months tho, esp with the fall season coming close.

    edit 2: I think i watched the first 10minutes of Gunslinger Girl, what happened after that idk as i usually finish the episode and then watch the 3 next episodes and then i see if i'll continue watching
    Quote Originally Posted by Diglett
    Guess what day it is?


    SCIENCE DAY!
    is it really science day? i'ma need to make a rocket then
    Last edited by Synaia; 2011-08-30 at 07:47 PM. Reason: another edit


  7. #4027
    Brewmaster Skizzit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    ~De Geso!
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    can't wait for season 3 of FT wich should air in september so i suppose it will just continue directly when season 2 ends.

    anyway, what's you guys/girls list of anime?
    mine: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/synaia/anime
    there's some old anime in it too and those were mostly watched on tv when i was bit younger so added them, tho my list is bit outdated and should update watching series episodes and add more watched anime.

    Edit: if there's an anime that isn't in my watched list and you think it's good, feel free to tell me so i can check it out.

    edit 2: so for the upcoming fall 2011 season, for wich anime are you excited? (click for 2011 fall anime season) (and zoom in else, you can't read it ^^ )
    For Fall, There are a few series I know I will watch simply because they are another season or follow up of a series I already enjoyed like Ika Musume 2nd, Working 2nd, Shana 3rd, The new Last Exile and Fate/Zero. There are also a couple remakes I just have to check out, Lupin III and Hunter x Hunter. Other then that, I am not sure. Guilty Crown, C Cubed, Persona 4, and Mirai Nikki all sound interesting but who knows. As for the slice-of-life, romance and comedy series, they all sound the same in the little one paragraph previews so I will have to wait and see if any are worth watching.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 01:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post


    is it really science day? i'ma need to make a rocket then
    Science day as in new episode of Steins:Gate I think is what they mean. Most of the posters in this thread are obsessed with it right now. I put it on hold cause I could not stand waiting for new episodes and am going to wait till it is finished to watch it. Thankfully, the other people are really good at labeling spoilers for that series and I have been able to avoid any thus far.

  8. #4028
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,865
    Spoiler for Steins;Gate: I knew Kurisu would sacrifice herself for Mayuri, doesn't make it any less sad, I'm glad they've established their relationship before Okabe went back to the beta line, so after the credits the extra scene, makes me wonder. I have a feeling a new world line is going to be made where Kurisu and Mayuri both live, or maybe that's just what I'm hoping for. D:


    Also, if you decide to look here for whatever reason before watching the episode, and usually don't sit through the credits, there's an extra scene at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

    Science day as in new episode of Steins:Gate I think is what they mean. Most of the posters in this thread are obsessed with it right now. I put it on hold cause I could not stand waiting for new episodes and am going to wait till it is finished to watch it. Thankfully, the other people are really good at labeling spoilers for that series and I have been able to avoid any thus far.
    Yup, that's exactly right. :>

  9. #4029
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yup, that's exactly right. :>
    I just call it Steinsday. It's no longer Tuesday to me.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 02:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    edit 2: I think i watched the first 10minutes of Gunslinger Girl, what happened after that idk as i usually finish the episode and then watch the 3 next episodes and then i see if i'll continue watching)
    Yeah, it's the kind of series where if you get into it, great. If it's not to your tastes, don't try to force it because it'll be 13 episodes of boredom.

    And yeah, don't feel compelled to watch those series. They're just my favorites (along with GitS and FMA: Brotherhood, but you'd seen those two already). I've got a bit of an eclectic selection.
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

  10. #4030
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    For Fall, There are a few series I know I will watch simply because they are another season or follow up of a series I already enjoyed like Ika Musume 2nd, Working 2nd, Shana 3rd, The new Last Exile and Fate/Zero. There are also a couple remakes I just have to check out, Lupin III and Hunter x Hunter. Other then that, I am not sure. Guilty Crown, C Cubed, Persona 4, and Mirai Nikki all sound interesting but who knows. As for the slice-of-life, romance and comedy series, they all sound the same in the little one paragraph previews so I will have to wait and see if any are worth watching.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 01:03 PM ----------



    Science day as in new episode of Steins:Gate I think is what they mean. Most of the posters in this thread are obsessed with it right now. I put it on hold cause I could not stand waiting for new episodes and am going to wait till it is finished to watch it. Thankfully, the other people are really good at labeling spoilers for that series and I have been able to avoid any thus far.
    ye, can't wait for shana 3, tho i still have to finish the last episode of season 2
    i'll probs watch most of the drama,romance series as they are my favorite genres

    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Spoiler for Steins;Gate: no spoiler for you :-D


    Also, if you decide to look here for whatever reason before watching the episode, and usually don't sit through the credits, there's an extra scene at the end.

    Yup, that's exactly right. :>
    ye i know about the previews on the end on the episodes , some anime don't show much a a preview tho just a talk and then saying "oh, it was the preview now"
    I do mostly skip the opening and ending scenes tho and just go to the next episode.

    i see now, didn't watched steins: gate, will add it to my to watch list.

    edit: people might be able to read your spoiler on my quote, hope you don't mind else i'll delete that part
    Last edited by Synaia; 2011-08-30 at 09:28 PM.


  11. #4031
    Well, finished this week's episode as well. Now to type in antique white!

    Spoilers: As Digglett said, I wasn't terribly surprised at the actual outcome of the episode but it was still executed well. That said, despite all the seriousness I got some laughs out of this episode:

    -"I'll turn your neocortex into a flowerpot." I do believe that is one of the funniest threats I've ever heard.
    -Second time Kurisu imitated Okabe's laugh this series. I swear every time she does that an angel gets its wings.
    -The relativity jokes with regards to romance. I never expected to run into that sort of thing in an anime, but it just makes me smile that the writers do know a bit about science (although they were a bit off in saying that memories are stored in your hippocampus).

    We've got two more episodes to wrap everything up now; I have to admit, they had me questioning things with their seeming wrap-up and credits. Looks like rather than ending up as a totalitarian state the world melts down in global thermonuclear warfare. I guess if you're gonna screw up as a mad scientist might as well screw up big!

    Edit: I think the resolution is going to involve the time shift Okabe experienced as a child. He mentioned it a few episodes ago very casually and they've carefully avoided bringing it up again. Something tells me it'll have a role to play.


    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 03:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    i'll probs watch most of the drama,romance series as they are my favorite genres

    edit: people might be able to read your spoiler on my quote, hope you don't mind else i'll delete that part
    You probably do want to delete the spoiler out, just as a safety.

    Anyway, if drama/romance are your favorite then I can say that you've got a fairly high likelihood of enjoying Spice and Wolf.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-08-30 at 09:20 PM.
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

  12. #4032
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Well, finished this week's episode as well. Now to type in antique white!

    Spoilers: no spoiler for you :-D

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 03:12 PM ----------



    You probably do want to delete the spoiler out, just as a safety.

    Anyway, if drama/romance are your favorite then I can say that you've got a fairly high likelihood of enjoying Spice and Wolf.
    ye probs the best, but a pain the ass doing it from a smartphone :-D

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 11:22 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I just call it Steinsday. It's no longer Tuesday to me.

    ---------- Post added 2011-08-30 at 02:32 PM ----------



    Yeah, it's the kind of series where if you get into it, great. If it's not to your tastes, don't try to force it because it'll be 13 episodes of boredom.

    And yeah, don't feel compelled to watch those series. They're just my favorites (along with GitS and FMA: Brotherhood, but you'd seen those two already). I've got a bit of an eclectic selection.
    I think lia sung the intro, or ending for gunslinger girl so, ill watch it anyway.

    Now time to edit out the spoilers on the quotes wih my smartphone
    Last edited by Synaia; 2011-08-30 at 09:31 PM.


  13. #4033
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    I think lia sung the intro, or ending for gunslinger girl so, ill watch it anyway.
    Not sure who did the ending for GSG but the intro is, "The Light Before We Land" by the Delgados. Dunno their main singer.
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

  14. #4034
    Mechagnome Synaia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    somewhere in this world
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Not sure who did the ending for GSG but the intro is, "The Light Before We Land" by the Delgados. Dunno their main singer.
    Looked it up and lia sung the 3 ending theme songs for gsg season 2


  15. #4035
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,865
    Spoiler: Ya know, just for the record, despite not being a romance anime, the chemistry between Kurisu and Okabe was immense, and their whole relationship has been handled so well, I'm really impressed by this anime.


    Oh god, why did I look at /a/, I got spoiled.
    * cries
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-08-30 at 09:59 PM.

  16. #4036
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    dw about my tastes, i love pretty much every type of anime, i'll check them out thursday when my net is back, can't watch vids if they need an hour and more to load :P (more like a download limit of 120Gig a month and i'm over 135Gig atm and it resets every month, problem is also caused with sharing the net with my brother, sister and parents)

    edit: there's some more anime waiting to be watched, already got over 30series bookmarked that need to be watched, i'll add them to the list but no guarantee, it will be for the next 2 months tho, esp with the fall season coming close.

    edit 2: I think i watched the first 10minutes of Gunslinger Girl, what happened after that idk as i usually finish the episode and then watch the 3 next episodes and then i see if i'll continue watching


    is it really science day? i'ma need to make a rocket then
    You should check out my link. Oh and by any chance are you in alaska cause that is EXACTLY the same download limit we get here now.

    HOLY CRAP someone who's actually seen more anime than me let me tell you that is RARE.

  17. #4037
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    Looked it up and lia sung the 3 ending theme songs for gsg season 2
    Ah, I didn't watch GSG Season 2. I looked at it and read up on it and it was just...bad by comparison to the first season. I didn't want to ruin my favorite show. :X
    "Choose not the life of imitation."
    "See your world through my eyes: a universe so vast as to be immeasurable, incomprehensible even to your greatest minds."
    "Things are not as they appear, nor are they otherwise."

  18. #4038
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,865
    This was the highlight of the ep

    It's a spoiler, so don't click if you haven't seen ep 22 of Steins;Gate. >.>

    Also preview for next ep. (I have an idea of what happens thanks to /a/ *SIGH*)
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-08-31 at 04:13 AM.

  19. #4039
    Keyboard Turner karloz1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not in U.S.
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    SPOILERS FOR GA-REI ZERO
    I have to disagree a bit with some of your criticisms.

    -I thought the graveyard scene was irrational but that's the point. They were normal girls living a normal life and then their friend shows up and hacks up a person with a sword; they're now promptly informed that the entire world is crawling with demons and that their good friend is involved in their violent destruction. I don't know about you, but I'd be a little weirded out. It doesn't matter that rationally the nurse was a monster, it's that Kagura showed up and demonstrated a willingness to kill if necessary. At that point the one friend was just speaking out of fear and confusion, and even if it's stupid Kagura is a convenient focus for it; the fact that her anger relents when Kagura falls apart in turn supports this.

    -I agree it's not realistic that you let a lunatic into an invalid's room at a hospital, but at the same time that development was rather important. It was the fact that they piled all of Yomi's problems onto each other, one after another, that made her transition so believable to me. In the course of less than a week she goes from being a young, fit, attractive girl who is heir of the family to losing her "father," being betrayed by her cousin, robbed by her uncle, and abandoned by Noriyuki's family. This isn't to justify her actions, but I thought they did a very good job of making all the conspiring pettiness come together to break her.
    Ga rei Zero spoiler

    the scene at the graveyard i still believe they could have depicted with a different approach it if what they wanted was someone confronting kagura about killing the teacher... also the scene at the hospital since it was absolutely necessarily to drown Yomi in despair well at least make something like he stormed in bypassing the doctors and the ones in the room with her should had gone and kick the guy out or something a bit more dramatic but the guy just came in and none told him a thing... I just dont like deus ex machina when there is no need


    Quote Originally Posted by Synaia View Post
    can't wait for season 3 of FT wich should air in september so i suppose it will just continue directly when season 2 ends.

    anyway, what's you guys/girls list of anime?
    mine: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/synaia/anime
    there's some old anime in it too and those were mostly watched on tv when i was bit younger so added them, tho my list is bit outdated and should update watching series episodes and add more watched anime.

    Edit: if there's an anime that isn't in my watched list and you think it's good, feel free to tell me so i can check it out.

    edit 2: so for the upcoming fall 2011 season, for wich anime are you excited? (click for 2011 fall anime season) (and zoom in else, you can't read it ^^ )
    hunterxhunter(because madhouse)
    buso shinki(because it looks like IS),
    shinryaku ika musume(probably will watch as soon i check first season),
    Working 2(cant wait for moar delicious poplar and yes inami and fuck yeah yamada)
    last exile(same as ika musume)
    kyokai senjou no horizon(will check because i dunno)
    fate/zero(because you die only when you are dead)
    Guilty crown(synopsis looks nice and i like pink haired girls)
    Persona 4(because everybody talks about it)
    Phi brain(because the voices in my head told me?)
    C2(because it looks promising)
    ben-to(because the PV shows'em punching each other in a convi for a super cheap lunch box)
    mirai nikki(because plot sounds good)
    Boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai(because i saw a page from the manga and fuck its hilarious)
    Shakugan no shana(because i already endured 2 season of tsundeRIE-chan and finally yuuji seems to be maning it up)

    ...also i might give a check to some of the others because moe or something

    not checking your list sorry it seems pretty extensive if you feel like check mine is right there at my signature even its on a spanish site just scroll down for the 200+ part and check for the ones that have a 8+ rating or/and a pink heart xD the names of the shows are not in spanish anyway...


    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh god, why did I look at /a/, I got spoiled.
    * cries
    thats why i avoid that place on tuesdays until ive seen the episode


    Steins;gate spoiler
    ohh gawd I think I held my breath for 20mins or so... well gotta say I kind of already knew what Kurizu was going to do and it came out almost as expected except that i thought that okabe was going to try something to save kurisu... and fuck the Okabe's voice kind of shaking while playing the mad scientist act...
    Last edited by karloz1337; 2011-08-31 at 09:01 PM.

  20. #4040
    I am Murloc! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by karloz1337 View Post

    thats why i avoid that place on tuesdays until ive seen the episode
    I like seeing people's reactions to the new episodes, but people who've played the VN like to spoil. :< They spoiled the next ep or last? Probably the next by the looks of that preview video, I mean, I speculated what they spoiled would happen a few (I think?) weeks ago or so, still sucks. ><

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •