Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    @XenonSalbeira
    Not sure if you were saying Steins;Gate lacked closure then? Because they resolved the major issues they brought up in the series, although of course the story can go on. If you hate that kind of thing I can assure you that you won't like GitS because it's the same; they solve their main dilemma/story arc but it's not like the entire world changes after that.
    Nono, I like stories THAT end, even though it sometimes hurts, it is something you can call an "achievment" - "I finished it!", like with a video game.

I watched quite a lot of animes that did not have such an end in my childhood, started to watch basically most of these dubbed a few years ago to get rid of this censorship that most on TV have (sometimes whole scenes go missing cause they are too brutal for children ... (where noone thinks that the anime is not supposed to be understood by children)). Then I somehow got through TV Tropes to CodeGeas and DeathNote and now that Bleach and Naruto go on with huge filler sections after they beat a major foe (or even the big bad in the case of Bleach) I am kind of dissatisfied with them.

Started to watch one or two of the ones Skizzit mentioned some time ago but forgot to continue after one or two episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    Come at me bro... Jk you didn't like the ending of Code Geass? I thought it was superb.
    To save myself the effort and everybody else the annoyance here's a link to when I had this discussion before. (Total spoilers, etc etc)

Karloz's rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    Nono, I like stories THAT end, even though it sometimes hurts, it is something you can call an "achievment" - "I finished it!", like with a video game.
    Okay, gotcha now. Wasn't sure exactly what your intentions were. GitS ends in a satisfying enough way then.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-09-17 at 12:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Whilst cleaning out my DVD and VHS shelves to add room for my newly recieved shipment of DVDs ($1600 worth! <.<). I stumbled across all the episodes of Cardcaptors i taped back when they aired in the mornings like 10 years ago. Wow i'd forgotten how much the dub had brutalised this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohassakura View Post
    Also yeah... I know it was Ichiban Ushiro no Daimou too... But i was sleeping >.< I was like ooh... That's Ichiban... *looks* frack, already posted
    That happens to me FAR too often i lucked out thsi time LOL.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh.. the XenonSalbeira post above reminded me the first time when i saw Bleach 1st episode when it started airing. It was so kewl I thought after Ichigo saved Rukia - happy end incoming but... BUT ALL MY HOPES WERE RUINED. Given up on 70episode and decided to watch "whats happened in our "lovely" Bleach" So many things happened liek SUPER GETSUGA, SUPER HOLLOW POWA, SUPER MEGA VILLAINS etc etc
    And i believed in IchiRuki pairin so hard
    Eh hopes hopes..
    (after watching 5 episodes when Ichigo escapes Orihime, i liked it too and now i believe Ichihime is possible. Bleach Movie 4 thinks that way too )
    Last edited by salate; 2011-09-17 at 12:38 AM. Reason: comments are fast :(
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Deleted
    Don't see anything wrong with it... Even with that circle :/
    Oh Come Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
    Look at your own smegging thigh considering your not a mutant spawned by the conspiracies of mums/moms of suburbs everywhere.

p.s. Apologies again, on my 9th beer of a one-man-party and just watched Gattaca, amazing smegging movie btw.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Eh.. the XenonSalbeira post above reminded me the first time when i saw Bleach 1st episode when it started airing. It was so kewl I thought after Ichigo saved Rukia - happy end incoming but... BUT ALL MY HOPES WERE RUINED. Given up on 70episode and decided to watch "whats happened in our "lovely" Bleach" So many things happened liek SUPER GETSUGA, SUPER HOLLOW POWA, SUPER MEGA VILLAINS etc etc
    Eh hopes hopes..
    (after watching 5 episodes when Ichigo escapes Orihime, i liked it too and now i believe Ichihime is possible. Bleach Movie 4 thinks that way too )
    How could they replace super hollow ichigos rawr with a generic hollow roar
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Deleted
    I mean they even changed the art style of Bleach a few times I think. When I see the first episode of it, Ichigo looks like some jerkface that I would not mess with, nowadays his face looks like the common teenager super hero. Also a lot of the old charme went away.
    And wasn't it clear that Orihime would be the damsel in distress for the white knight from the very start? I mean the hero never gets the ones capable of defending themselves xD

Though ... when 90% of this threat is a discussion about shipping X with Y or ... "ME with Y" I'll make sure to close this browser tab when someone else enters the room :-P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Eh hopes hopes..
    You should just accept the fact that romance almost never happens in series like Bleach / Naruto / One Piece. One sided crushes, yes. But couples almost never.

To save myself the effort and everybody else the annoyance here's a link to when I had this discussion before.
    You make me so so so sad.... This is for you SPOILER DONT FREAKING QUOTE IT LIKE THE LAST IDIOT!Lelough obtained immortality by killing his father much like his father gained immortality by killing his brother. Now with that being said lelouch changed because of two reasons Nunnally was dead and he had no more ambitions and all that he had left was hate towards his father and he wanted to change the world for himself. When he finds out Nunnally is in fact alive he is torn because he wants to take down Britannia but he doesn't want to hurt his sister. So the only way to do that is to become the worst leader they have so he can fake his death and have everyone love Nunnally and zero and hopefully reunite the country of Japan. It was the only way for it to work and in the last few seconds Nunnally touches him and sees all the things he has done for her even fake his death for her. Of course she doesn't know that he is alive still. As for the part where you could pick both sides and not feel guilty about who you choose I found that to be really awesome and unique idk why you hated it. SORRY about the long rant I just loved this show way too much..

Quote Originally Posted by Scotai View Post
    Oh Come Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!
    Look at your own smegging thigh considering your not a mutant spawned by the conspiracies of mums/moms of suburbs everywhere.
    Hmm, I guess it's not quite right compared to mine - There shouldn't really be a dip down so much, although I think that they were trying to create a bend affect where the skin is squashed together... Though the technique isn't very clear.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    You make me so so so sad.... This is for you
    No need to apologize for arguing back as long as it isn't derogatory; it's what makes the world go 'round.

In any case, to me there's one key concern with this: he formulates his plan before he discovers Nunnally is alive. That's what I find disconnected. He decides to die for the world's sake. Or not die. Whatever.

No need to apologize for arguing back as long as it isn't derogatory; it's what makes the world go 'round.
    You are right on that part but he had no choice he had noone to back him up anymore and he had to do something to save Japan and keep Nunnally and Euphemias dreams alive. Even ifSPOILERhe didn't know she was alive he wanted to make her dream come true because that was his whole intention in the first place to make Nunnally happy and if by completing her plan would make her happy in life or death than he was destined to do so. Also you have to understand the progression in this he has watched many of his close friends die one by one. Anyone would have a change of heart and it just so happens he did the fighting needed to stop and the only way to do that was to formulate his plan.Shit is really deep I know but man does it make for one hell of a show.

Edit:I really enjoyed the show but not as much as I thought. Discussing it is really making me respect the character development and story even more. Damn I need to go buy these two seasons now... yet another 80 bucks gone.
    Last edited by Zaerick; 2011-09-17 at 01:38 AM.

The ending just didn't ring true for me. The morally questionable Lelouch that had developed through the series was really the highlight of the show for me. The conclusion was a collapse of this more complex character into a far simpler one, which as I said before I still don't think he went about it very well. But I don't want to belabor the point. I'll be asking for it anyway when somebody watches a series I like.

lol no worries honestly I cried for 2 hours when I thought spoilernunnally diedshe is my fav character for some damn reason I can't figure out why I love her so damn MUCH! RAGE I WANT MORE NUNNALLY ALL CAPS!

Quote Originally Posted by ejfimp View Post
    Steins;Gate - +20 eps still airing - Only seen a few, but seems to be good.
    It actually ended this week , unless you're counting the Special.

Anyways, guess I'll check out No. 6, I'm having a weird craving to watch something, yet I can't put what I want to watch into words, so I'm just gonna settle with this since I've been meaning to watch anyways.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-09-17 at 01:55 AM.

Deleted
    Just watched the first episode of Fairy Tail and ... immediatly went to Wikipedia ... and I am shocked.
    The whole art style, the whole animation style, the whole way how characters act is EXACTLY LIKE ONE PIECE. But what? Neither the author nor the guys responsible for animating stuff are in any way connected to One Piece. What the hell.

Deleted
    Hmm, I guess it's not quite right compared to mine - There shouldn't really be a dip down so much, although I think that they were trying to create a bend affect where the skin is squashed together... Though the technique isn't very clear.
    Nah dude, it's just me nitpicking on a detail of art that completely throws off the human form. It's like looking at a rubber doll whose leg isn't quite...human. Another example would be the 3-jointed-arms tribe in One Piece (just for an anime reference). I'm just a stickler for human anatomy-correctedness in art (unless it's on purpose).

Somewhat relevant to the Code Geass talk

3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by XenonSalbeira View Post
    Just watched the first episode of Fairy Tail and ... immediatly went to Wikipedia ... and I am shocked.
    The whole art style, the whole animation style, the whole way how characters act is EXACTLY LIKE ONE PIECE. But what? Neither the author nor the guys responsible for animating stuff are in any way connected to One Piece. What the hell.
    I thought it was the same author. O_o I mean.. I just kind of assumed, I'm shocked.