Deleted
    continuing the food discussion from back then:

Katsu Curry (could have had more katsu to the curry, next time it's gonna be twice the size^^)

But on the upside, I've still got enough pork for a katsu sando

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    looks tasty!
    It was. I finally got those curry cubes again (Golden Curry), the stuff you usually get in germany is simply not comparable

Wasurenagumo was weird but Spider-loli was cute enough.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Oh man, one satisfying Mahouka episode. Say whatever you want, I don't care, Tatsuya is awesome.

Man I refuse to rewatch clannad and after story, I am pretty sure my man card was revoked after that :'( lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    Man I refuse to rewatch clannad and after story, I am pretty sure my man card was revoked after that :'( lol
    Tears spilt during Clannad are officially recognized as ManlyTears™, thus are not eligible as evidence during Man Card revocation process.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Tears spilt during Clannad are officially recognized as ManlyTears™, thus are not eligible as evidence during Man Card revocation process.
    What about tears shed watching Madoka?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

15+ Year Old Account
    SAO 2 - Lightsaber too OP plz nerf.

Also, Kirito becoming a trap has made him so much better. The female voice is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh good. So I'm not alone... Haha.

I did however recently start DAL S1. (Since I saw S2 was finished so I plan to marathon both)
    So far it's okay.

I don't really understand why you all see Tokyo ESP as so mediocre. The characters are highly likeable and there are some really interesting things to drive the story forward. Different tastes, I guess...
    For me at least, I was expecting something quite different. I had two possible ideas as to what the series might be like from the preview. On one hand, it might be a bit of a psychedelic romp that could be funny in a FLCL kind of way. The other was a focus on the "poor girl gets powers" thing, which could lend itself to some interesting development. What do you do with the ability to walk through walls when you're short on cash? I thought both of these had potential, with my personal preference being the latter. Instead it's X-men the anime, with all the comic-book-ness that goes along with it. So the action is alright, but there isn't much subtlety to it (there are GOOD espers and BAD espers; GOOD espers fight BAD espers; GOOD espers will probably beat the BAD espers this time around, but there will probably be a BAD next time). Also, training doesn't make up for the fact that a girl of her stature just could not generate the kind of force needed to slam people around like she does (just to continue proving that Monty Python is relevant to everything).

Clannad: What's a shame for me is that I've had certain plot points spoiled by being around anime for a while, clicking on "saddest moments in anime" YouTube videos, etc. Obviously not saying anything here, but it puts me in an interesting position because I know where certain things are going but I have no idea how they get there. So for me, much of watching this series is not for the surprise but instead watching for how they develop things along the way to reach the point that those scenes have the impact that they do.

On a side note, I thought yesterday was a nice day in this thread. I bring this up because there was a bit of an altercation over what this thread "should" be, with the occasional snide remark still being fired off. But there was the Clannad discussion and bals' picture to figure out, if you wanted to respond to something structured but there was certainly no pressure. There was plenty of side chatting, pictures being linked, etc. Just a good balance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Also, Kirito becoming a trap has made him so much better. The female voice is great.
    Jedi trap Kirito best Kirito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    I did however recently start DAL S1. (Since I saw S2 was finished so I plan to marathon both)
    So far it's okay.
    Wait till best girl appears.

If Madoka doesn't make you cry you have to be a rock.
    Do I get to be a metamorphic rock? Because I like those.

SAO II Ep 5 - I wonder what the top rewards are. Seems like they might come into play somehow with how much they emphasized them.

That sword seems pretty underpowered. You'd think with all the disadvantages that come with it that it would kill faster, but it took a while to kill that guy.

And interesting, so Death Gun is someone Kirito knew in Aincrad and is apparently from that pking guild. This is way better than some random guy being him. I honestly didn't really care who Death Gun was up until this point because I figured it was some person we hadn't yet been introduced to, but now I'm pretty intrigued.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post

Trap Kirito best Kirito.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    SAO II Ep 5 - I wonder what the top rewards are. Seems like they might come into play somehow with how much they emphasized them.
    VERY mild LN spoiler: One of options are physical rewards - such as the model gun Sinon got that fit in ep 2 or 3 from. She supposedly got it from one of previous tournaments.

That sword seems pretty underpowered. You'd think with all the disadvantages that come with it that it would kill faster, but it took a while to kill that guy.
    That's 100% dragging out the episodes. In the LN it was instant kill, here had to get dragged out for half a minute of screaming. Even some filler material was already added, such as Kirito's visit on the shooting range after the shopping. They're trying really hard to drag out those 2 short LNs to cover as many episodes as possible. :[

And interesting, so Death Gun is someone Kirito knew in Aincrad and is apparently from that pking guild. This is way better than some random guy being him. I honestly didn't really care who Death Gun was up until this point because I figured it was some person we hadn't yet been introduced to, but now I'm pretty intrigued.
    A somewhat more substantial LN spoiler: Unfortunately Kirito's past with Death Gun gets retconned. Yet another important adventure that just "happened to" not be covered in the short stories or the LN itself. >.>
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-08-02 at 05:57 PM.

If Madoka doesn't make you cry you have to be a rock.
    This got me. Homura's cry was too much.

Spoilers.

Big big BIG Rebellion spoilers, this got me too.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2014-08-02 at 06:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drugs-chan View Post
    Yeah. The "Well, shit." scene. Think about how it's that moment that put the curse on Homura, locking her in a spiral of despair and leading to Rebellion's finale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aldnoah - Decent episode. I have full faith in the Boku no Pico guy considering what he did in the first minute of the episode, more lewd "kissing" plz. The plot twist at the end was good too, things aren't looking good for Slaine. Hopefully he has a happy ending.

Though I had a hard time taking the fight seriously. Dunno why the MC needs to save the day every single episode. Military forces got rekt again, and then he comes out and 1v1s the super powerful mecha like it is nothing. Sigh.

What did you expect from the "poor girl gets powers" thing, tho? That's still what it is.
    Well, the basic idea that having powers can get you ostracized is over done. But I just thought there was some content to be mined there. How her self-image changes, how to deal with certain situations (comical or serious), moral dilemmas, etc.

I guess also to be clear, the way I tend to view ranking is a mixture of "what the series tries to be" and "what the series accomplishes." Let me take a few different anime as examples:

-Fate/Zero: Fate is an action/drama, but at least from what I could tell it doesn't aim for a lot of conceptual depth. In execution it is intricate in its plot and world creation, beautiful in its action scenes, and disturbing on several levels. So I end up giving it around and 8, which is about as high as a show of that sort can get, because it didn't aim super high but it fulfilled its purpose very well.

-Serial Experiments Lain: Lain is a psychological/philosophical...something. It aspires to have strong metaphysical undertones and deeper meaning. In execution, however, I found it to be non sequitur and more just a surreal jumble. So I see it aiming high, where if it had nailed its premise it would deserve a 9 or 10, but since it falls so short it gets dragged down to a 6.

So when I look at a series like Tokyo ESP I don't see it trying to go especially high. And that's fine, since not every series has to shoot for greatness. But because of its relatively low aims its potential maxes out around a 6. As a close example I gave Ga-Rei: Zero a 7 just because of the character development, which I thought transcended the rest of the series and surprised me. Thus far Tokyo ESP hasn't really presented me any similar reasons, although it's only four episodes in. So I look at it and think that it is passable.

And maybe I should watch Aldnoah.Zero in the morning today, so I can actually follow the rest of the thread...

Haven't watched Rebellion yet. I should do that.
    I don't really remember what it was that got me, but the last two episodes really did.
    Episode 10 and the end of 11 got me. I think 9 did too. Also, yes you should watch Rebellion.

Deleted
    Haven't watched Rebellion yet. I should do that.
    I don't really remember what it was that got me, but the last two episodes really did.