Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    This. Regardless of the situation, he pretty much reacts to nothing and doesn't express any sort of emotion. The most we get from him is a slight facial twitch and some variation of exclaim of "oh." He could be a robot for all we know.
    He does indeed show some severe sociopathic tendencies.

10+ Year Old Account
    SAO II - Despite this episode being a bit cheesy it's still immensely better than the first few. I'm really liking it and can't wait for next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Aldnoah I feel like I'm the only one not disappointed by the show?
    Nope, I'm enjoying it as I do most shows
    [CENTER]

He's shown many expressions, be it in combat, (Aldnoah) when his friend died
    First off, spoilers, and secondly I love that you brought this up. MC is definitely just a big bag of emotions. You can see just how much it affected him in the scene you mentioned. Not at all. I've seen people more distraught over not being able to find their keys for a couple minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/mSyeAYe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yeah. I just put myself down for the $20 option.
    They're trying to fund one episode with this. But in the video he says when he originally wrote it in the 90s, he has story for, I think, about 24 episodes. So maybe they're just trying to get a fantastic first episode out and see how it does. Maybe make more after as I imagine they could get proper financial backing if they know it will be successful enough. Either way, I'll be happy with just that one episode if it lives up to what I see it being. Got some great talent behind at least.

It will be both joyous and saddening...
    580k for one episode? Fuck that

Glad to see thread is moving again.

Back to lurking because i have no relevant opinions.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mahouka I like how he takes a bullet and doesn't even react

Sounds about right to me, tbf. Costs a boat load to have quality animation and such.

Besides, it's not like you have to pay the whole 580k xD As the Tesco brand says, "Every little helps".
    For a single episode? It's way off. Maybe if the visuals were absolutely insane, but if the preview is anything to go by, they're not. The show looks good, but comparing it to something similar, it's no Fate/Zero.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...e-cost-to-make

Deleted
    First off, spoilers, and secondly I love that you brought this up. MC is definitely just a big bag of emotions. You can see just how much it affected him in the scene you mentioned. Not at all. I've seen people more distraught over not being able to find their keys for a couple minutes.

http://i.imgur.com/mSyeAYe.jpg
    How dare he simply be shocked into silence instead of screaming like most MCs would, right? It's not like he could not find a word to say to the other friends once they got to safety, staying in silence until the radio elicited a reaction by acting as the third party. Like I was saying - if the MC is not doing exaggerated expressions you don't even register them at all. Anything more subtle than this seems to be omitted completely.

How dare he simply be shocked into silence instead of screaming like most MCs would, right? It's not like he could not find a word to say to the other friends once they got to safety, staying in silence until the radio elicited a reaction by acting as the third party. Like I was saying - if the MC is not doing exaggerated expressions you don't even register them at all. Anything more subtle than this seems to be omitted completely.

You keep bringing up screaming. You act like it's the only way to express emotion.

Chelly
    Aldnoah I feel like I'm the only one not disappointed by the show?
    Nope you're not. I do find the MC to be quite "meh", but I still enjoy the show. Criticizing a part of the show doesn't mean people hate it.

Seems like people keep forgetting this.
    Last edited by Chelly; 2014-08-09 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought up a bad joke: (aldnoah 1-5 & mahouka 18 spoilers)I can't wait for the reveal in the winter of aldnoah #18 where MC obviously had his emotions removed besides his love for his elder sister for his superior intelligence. Hence how; he wasn't moved to action until she called him to evacuate already, the no reaction to his friend's death, his genius when his sister is in danger (they grouped up from friend's death which is when he first went into action).
    [CENTER]

Scroll down and see where the budget goes (for the most part).

Kickstarter means all kinds of additional costs.

And taste varies, looks pretty good to me.
    The show does look good, but I don't think 580k good. It must be the costs associated with Kickstarter that you mentioned, because that just seems way too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldnoah - Episode was fairly bland until Slaine showed up at the very very end.

I'm thinking the Lt. is a far better side character than MC is as a main character. They should switch places and have Lt. be main character.

Deleted
    You keep bringing up screaming. You act like it's the only other emotion capable of being expressed.
    Again. I keep bringing up screaming because anything less seems to be completely ignored. In the scene you decided to nitpick the MC is shocked into silence at first, then is unable to speak a word to the survivors when inquired to the fate of his friend. He just lowers his head until the radio serves to interrupt the moment and provide a distraction. Apparently those are not emotions - after all he's not screaming, crying or smashing his fist into a nearby surface as most MCs would do in similar situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the Kickstarter thing, just look at what LWA 2 got. I'm not entirely sure what they could possibly use that all for except for keeping some in case they feel like making it an actual show.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the topic of Under The Dog, apparently the producer hates "hardcore otaku shows", if random guy who went to their panel is to be believed. Top kek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    On the topic of Under The Dog, apparently the producer hates "hardcore otaku shows", if random guy who went to their panel is to be believed. Top kek.
    wth are hard-core otaku shows?...
    [CENTER]

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Ro-Kyu-Bu.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    No idea. Moe shows, maybe.