10+ Year Old Account
    Literally just watched that part too :P
    [CENTER]

Deleted
    I'm almost finishing watching Berserk. After that should I just watch the movies or should I maybe go to the manga first then the movies? I want to try the manga but don't know if I want to be spoiled by the movies first...

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of it either until I got into chillusteppo.
    Hm, that's great. Not the kind of sound I'd listen to just for the sake of music, but it makes for great ambience as I'm reading, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Angelic Howl arc is good. Not perfect, but pretty damn good.
    Well, it's not easy to animate Amane's route without all the sex. In every single other route it could be worked around, it was not vital, but for Amane's it's actually important to the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    I wasn't a huge fan of it either until I got into chillusteppo.
    Here have more
    chillusteppo.
    Last edited by Yami; 2014-12-22 at 08:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm Bahamut still seems too have 1 more episode.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm almost finishing watching Berserk. After that should I just watch the movies or should I maybe go to the manga first then the movies? I want to try the manga but don't know if I want to be spoiled by the movies first...
    the movies are a new adaptation of the same material the anime covers. I'd say skip them besides the last one cause that one is pretty good and adds quite a bit. The cgi in the first movie is pretty awful too. after that you can carry on the manga

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    the movies are a new adaptation of the same material the anime covers. I'd say skip them besides the last one cause that one is pretty good and adds quite a bit. The cgi in the first movie is pretty awful too. after that you can carry on the manga
    Then he shall join us in hiatus hell never to get off the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    someday Guts will get off the boat!
    Seriously, has it been about a decade now?
    Last edited by bals; 2014-12-22 at 06:19 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    I've noticed that as well, sometimes Caine's posts just loose all their formatting once you quote them and it's a pain in the ass to sort it out.
    It's magic.
    Caine, you've said this so many times now that I just want to know it. I don't care about Grisaia spoilers anyway since I don't want to read the VN, so why is all the sex important for the story in Amane's route?
    If you don't care for Grisaia spoilers I'll just quickly describe the important parts of the route: Most of Amane route actually is a flashback.
    Amane was in the same club as MC's older sister, Kazuki. When they were on a camping trip an accident happened on the way back and the club ended up stranded in the wilderness. Two(iirc) died in the accident itself, several more were injured, and trying to walk through the primeval forest would be suicide with neither provisions nor a way to navigate. The girls decided to try and wait for help and Amane ended up close to Kazuki. Kazuki is a fucking genius, the kind that makes Lelouch and Light combined bow in shame, so Amane ends up deeply dependent on her, kinda infatuated. No, sex never happens, but I would not have been surprised if it did.
    Thanks to Kazuki's management things were alright for a bit, but help never came and the state of affairs slowly deteriorated. Food was very limited and forest lacked edible plants or animals, so malnutrition quickly set in. First the injured succumbed to infections and the wounds themselves and slowly died off(all the while driving everyone insane with wails of pain), then ones who used to be on diet started developing mental problems due to lack of essential vitamins and nutrients, some took their own lives, then even the most healthy ones ended up barely able to move.(Fun to think where Amane's obsession with proper nutrition and keeping her friends' diets balanced comes from years later. Heh.)
    One of those days, miraculously the club president managed to procure some meat together with the teacher... but I bet you can guess where the meat came from. Kazuki suspects something and refuses to take any and advises Amane to do the same. That day they decide to try and leave the wilderness. Kazuki hid some provisions much earlier, along with working on a way to cross the forest. As they are leaving the camp at night they stumble upon the aforementioned ClubPresxTeacher pair fucking among quartered corpses of girls who died earlier. Amane did not suspect anything earlier so she fucks up, cries out, and makes the ghouls(as Kazuki calls them) notice them leaving. By now the survivors ended up insane, so they chase the pair with the intent to kill. Kazuki decides to protect Amane and forces her to go ahead while she stays behind to throw the hunting party off and slow them down. Long story short, she succeeds and Amane manages to follow the notes and navigate the forest to civilized areas before starving to death. When the accident site is later found it's a bloody fucking mess. All the girls' bodies are dismembered, only the teacher's corpse is in one piece and Amane alone is alive - things obviously get out so she ends up called a "cockroach"(referring to the practice of casting a curse by placing a number of insects in a closed container and then using the last surviving one as the vessel) and bullied mercilessly until she transfers to the asylum-school barely holding onto what's left of her sanity.

When she meets Yuuji and learns Kazuki, whose death she blamed on herself all this time, was his older sister whose loss tore his family apart she decides to "pay him back" - and her idea of "paying him back" is to essentially be his slave, though she never says it that way of course. She takes care of his meals and room, treats him as family, lets him do anything he wants... and this obviously includes giving herself to him. She wants this to act as a punishment for "killing" Kazuki.

This route has a beautiful end and epilogue all things considered. When Yuuji accidentally learns of the nickname "cockroach" she tells him everything. She believes she needs to be punished for surviving and asks Yuuji to kill her as the person with the most right to do so - but he tells her to live for his sake as the punishment instead, hoping she can accept herself with time. They fight off some danger related to her past(where more important than what it exactly was is that it existed at all, and they fought it off not by re-enacting the past with Kazumi but by sticking together), finish education, get married, have children and grandchildren, then Yuuji dies of lung cancer(iirc). Final scene has Amane talking to her granddaughter about Yuuji and slowly "falling asleep". Say what you want, this epilogue made me tear up. Have a beautiful final panel: http://i.imgur.com/mlcTZea.png

Essentially: sex scenes are important to the story itself because that is the prime and most important way in which Amane tries to punish herself. She tries to hurt herself by giving her body to a man she has no affection for(and kinda fails at the "hurt" part since she falls in love with Yuuji anyway).
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2014-12-22 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just started reading the Grisaia VN, since I didn't want to wait for the 18+ version to come out. All this is making me realize is I'm sad I even bothered starting the anime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I just started reading the Grisaia VN, since I didn't want to wait for the 18+ version to come out. All this is making me realize is I'm sad I even bothered starting the anime.
    There is an 18+ fan translation if it's the first of three games. :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There is an 18+ fan translation if it's the first of three games. :>
    Yeah, that's how I started reading it... Hehe

Deleted
    Alright, doesn't sound too interesting, tbh.
    It's great. I just gave a very quick synopsis of what takes some 20-25 hours to read in its' entirety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Oh. I didn't know they were new adaptations of the anime series. I might give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    It'll take a big while before I get to the current "end".

And any ideas why it's still taking forever to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    And any ideas why it's still taking forever to finish?
    Vocaloids make more money. Also don't think berserk is even remotely close to an ending without an ass pull of epic proportions
    Last edited by bals; 2014-12-22 at 07:22 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsunderes Are Bad View Post
    >Implying my waifu is a loli

10+ Year Old Account
    MY waifu:
    http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...78/191/01c.png

Did any1 watch Kaitou Joker?
    Don't sweat the details!!!