Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    But it didn't flop and that's just like your opinion man.

Back to the reason why I personally like it 1st over Iroha's 2nd, cause we're digressing here: The salient points made about adult life pertaining to career, skills and direction. We had a reverse conversation the other week about Middle/High School characters in anime and how they're part of the territory. I accept that, but I still appreciate it when we do get themes that I can relate to as an adult with a career all the same. The major point here is relatability and how it affects my viewing experience.

Iroha's an excellent top-tier watch, I just engage with Shirobako better.

PS: I like Shirobako cause it's really fun too.

PPS: Iroha has some irritating drama in regards to certain side characters at points that the show would be better off without.

PPPS: Oi-chan and Ohana are both wonders of the universe.

PPPPS: You should totally pick it back up you salty dog.
    Perhaps it's because I don't relate to the career aspect of the characters (still a college student) that I don't find them interesting, but I've seen plenty of shows with characters that I didnt directly empathize with that I foud enjoyable. Shirobako's characters just didn't click with me. And it wasn't even that I felt it was a result of a lack of relatibility, I simply Found them unappealing and uninteresting to watch. An opposite example of this is Baccano. Don't like the show, don't like the characters, but I acknowledge the show isn't bad. It's simply not my cup of tea. I don't get that feeling with Shirobako.

And this salty dog does plan to give shirobako another chance lol. I'll probably start watching it again next week and see how things change.

Tokyo Ghoul root A episode 3: So far this season has been nice and quiet while they're building up for shit to hit the fan. I'm definitely enjoying the OST in this one. It kinda gives me chills sometimes.
    based Takatsuki Sen
    I'm hyped to see Cochlea in the next episode. Who knows, we might signs whether Arata is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    What about when Sekai Project endorsed TLWiki for the translations for Grisaia VNs?

Also please, LWA 2.
    I don't care for the Sekai project for grisaia.

I am still waiting for LWA 2 I think trigger said it would be out sometime in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, but WHY don't you enjoy them? You just seem to completely randomly hate shows for absolutely no good reason. It's like you just decide "I don't like this, GRUMP.", out of nowhere. Yet, with shows that other people hate for obvious reasons, like OreImo, those shows are suddenly okay?? Just, why?

You're just so hard to understand, man. We wouldn't be so cross with you, if you had actual sensible reasons to dislike things. Right now, it's like you just throw a dart at a board and let that decide if you like something or not.
    A variety of reasons. I can't just apply one blanket statement to every show that will adequately explain my reasons for why I dropped/didn't like that specific show. And a lot of the time I do explain why I didn't like a show and if I didn't you can ask me. It's not like I'm going to not tell you.

And I'd say I'm mostly pretty consistent with what I drop/like. Look at what I've enjoyed most each season and what I haven't, and I think it's pretty easy to figure out. And you act like disagreeing with my reasons for dropping a show is a justification for this constant argument, but really it's not. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff you guys watch and why you watch it, but you don't see me throwing a fit every week about it. Because frankly I don't give a shit. Yet some of you are so hung up about this and can't seem to drop it. I draw conclusions about a show based off the first few episodes and decide whether it's worth watching or not. Get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    A variety of reasons. I can't just apply one blanket statement to every show that will adequately explain my reasons for why I dropped/didn't like that specific show. And a lot of the time I do explain why I didn't like a show and if I didn't you can ask me. It's not like I'm going to not tell you.

And I'd say I'm mostly pretty consistent with what I drop/like. Look at what I've enjoyed most each season and what I haven't, and I think it's pretty easy to figure out. And you act like disagreeing with my reasons for dropping a show is a justification for this constant argument, but really it's not. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff you guys watch and why you watch it, but you don't see me throwing a fit every week about it. Because frankly I don't give a shit. Yet some of you are so hung up about this and can't seem to drop it. I draw conclusions about a show based off the first few episodes and decide whether it's worth watching or not. Get over it.
    Attempting to justify a shitty opinion does not suddenly make it not shitty. Also conveniently ignoring the numerous times you do question why people watch so many show, top kek.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Huh... I'm getting deja vu in this thread again...

Have some random news!
    Chuya-den Anime Seeks Crowd-Funding For Production

Rin-ne TV Anime Slated to Premiere on April 4

Also, Shirobako has new girls! \o/
    Good luck on the crowdfunding I doubt it will get done since bullshit is happening with Underdog now. I love how in their kickstarter pitch that they turn down the opportunity to be fully funded by another studio so that they could save anime?
    Now that they reached their goal, they hand it over to another studio anyway. What kind of backwards logic is that?

B-but Kickstarter and crowd funding is the future. No more p-publishers!

I always assumed that was just a lie to make them appear more important than they are.

they were so hot blooded about their artistic vision and doing it their way. In the end, well I guess their hot bloodedness burned out and they realize it doesn't make a difference.

Or maybe, just maybe, it was all just the usual bullshit spiel to skim free money from gullible gajins

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Huh... I'm getting deja vu in this thread again...
    I'm sure you'll get to experience it several more times in the coming months.

Just realized Donna Burke wrote Glassy Sky
    AND THE SINNNERS NEVER DIE

- - - Updated - - -

Deiced to watch Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi again and picked up the BD as well, was a pretty great watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Deiced to watch Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi again and picked up the BD as well, was a pretty great watch again.
    Reminds me that I still need to re-watch it at some point. I will probably enjoy it a lot more now than when I first watched it, back when I was still fairly new to anime. It's already been two years since then, the time really flies.

- - - Updated - - -

Saekano - I'm really starting to like this show. I remember reading reading the manga ages ago and finding it pretty boring, so I didn't have any high hopes for the anime. I'm glad I picked it up now. And unlike most of you, my vote for best girl goes to Kato.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightcaller View Post
    Reminds me that I still need to re-watch it at some point. I will probably enjoy it a lot more now than when I first watched it, back when I was still fairly new to anime. It's already been two years since then, the time really flies.

- - - Updated - - -

Saekano - I'm really starting to like this show. I remember reading reading the manga ages ago and finding it pretty boring, so I didn't have any high hopes for the anime. I'm glad I picked it up now. And unlike most of you, my vote for best girl goes to Kato.
    I did the same I wanted to re watch since I watched back when I was still new to anime. Also yes you like best girl too! Ln was pretty great I didn't find it boring though.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment it's super hard to say who's absolutely best because I haven't seen the second episode, but it can be anywhere from

Purple => Black => Yellow => Brown

to

Black => Yellow => Purple => Brown

or even

Purple = Yellow = Black = Brown

What I'm saying is they're pretty much all top tier.

Damn, I'm burning through Dog Days really quickly. Started the first season 2 days ago and I've already almost finished the second season. Will probably finish it tomorrow, and then I can hopefully finish the first season of Shana during the weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    At the moment it's super hard to say who's absolutely best because I haven't seen the second episode, but it can be anywhere from

Purple => Black => Yellow => Brown

to

Black => Yellow => Purple => Brown

or even

Purple = Yellow = Black = Brown

What I'm saying is they're pretty much all top tier.
    The second episode was what made me come to a decision, but I agree, they are all really good.

- - - Updated - - -

I did the same I wanted to re watch since I watched back when I was still new to anime. Also yes you like best girl too! Ln was pretty great I didn't find it boring though.
    It was just the manga I didn't really like, and it was quite a while ago. I would probably enjoyed the LN a lot more though, as I usually do.
    Last edited by Lightcaller; 2015-01-22 at 09:29 PM.

Chelly
    HUNIEPOP
    THE TISSUE BOX
    WHAT DOES IT DO

mai haiku

It was just the manga I didn't really like, and it was quite a while ago. I would probably enjoyed the LN a lot more though, as I usually do.
    You should give the LN a try then.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this salty dog does plan to give shirobako another chance lol. I'll probably start watching it again next week and see how things change.
    Another Hemo-drop note:

Saekano seems to have completely front-loaded the ecchi in it's episode 0 special and completely dispensed with any sense of it in the actual story beginning of episodes 1 and 2. It is shaping up to be a very solid Otaku-themed RomCom with particularly noteworthy chemistry between characters. It's going to be far less ecchi as a whole than Haganai at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Hemo-drop note:

Saekano seems to have completely front-loaded the ecchi in it's episode 0 special and completely dispensed with any sense of it in the actual story beginning of episodes 1 and 2. It is shaping up to be a very solid Otaku-themed RomCom with particularly noteworthy chemistry between characters. It's going to be far less ecchi as a whole than Haganai at least.
    Seconded this notion.

Chelly
    Another Hemo-drop note:

Utaha
    Fixed it .

You should give the LN a try then.
    I would, if I could find it translated somewhere. Well, I did find a little bit of it, but I don't really like reading just a little bit; I much prefer to read a volume at a time. And I already have a lot I want to read that is already translated.

In the long run I should probably make an effort to actually learn Japanese though.

Another Hemo-drop note:

I'll consider giving it another watch but no promises. While I certainly disliked the ecchi, it wasn't even the main reason I dropped the show. The characters just felt generic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Fixed it .
    I don't remember dropping a show called utaha.

Chelly
    I don't remember dropping a show called utaha.
    Utaha is a character in Saekano, and the best one.