10+ Year Old Account
    I was curious and found out Pupa is 16th from the bottom in terms of rankings on MAL.

http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php?type=&limit=7650

ARENA 01: Yatogami Tōka Terminus Est Miyauchi Renge [Sento Isuzu] Kōsaka Honoka [Sakura Chiyo] Kurousagi Miyazono Kaori
    ARENA 02: Konno Yūki Sonoda Umi [Shiro] Shiba Miyuki Mikasa Ackerman Akame [Tachibana Marika] Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko
    ARENA 03: Kuriyama Mirai Latifa Fleuranza Hoshizora Rin Azuki Azusa [Tokisaki Kurumi] Asada Shino Minami Kotori [Stephanie Dola]
    ARENA 04: Nakano Azusa Momo Belia Deviluke Yui Kuroyukihime [Sengoku Nadeko] [Saber] Victorique de Blois Aragaki Ayase
    ARENA 05: Kashiwazaki Sena Tōwa Erio [Sakagami Tomoyo] Senjōgahara Hitagi Takanashi Rikka C.C. Konjiki no Yami [Tōsaka Rin]
    ARENA 06: Nagato Yuki Chitanda Eru Yūki Mikan [Holo] Shirakiin Ririchiyo [Makise Kurisu] Charlotte Dunois Yuzuriha Inori
    ARENA 07: Sakai Yūji [Sora] L Lawliet Nozaki Umetarō Akasaka Ryūnosuke [Takasu Ryūji] Ichijō Raku Kamijō Tōma
    ARENA 08: Usui Takumi Ōma Shū Kuroko Tetsuya Mikoshiba Mikoto Kyon [Accelerator] Okazaki Tomoya [Kanie Seiya]
    ARENA 09: Ayasaki Hayate [Archer] Levi [Hikigaya Hachiman] Kise Ryōta Natsume Kyōsuke Kanda Sorata Kōgami Shin'ya
    ARENA 10: [Yurigasaki Lulu] Kongō
    ARENA 11: Iris Freyja [Anastasia]
    ARENA 12: Shimazu Sakuya [Yūdachi]
    ARENA 13: [Nona] Naruse Mio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    I'm starting to realize that Idea Factory is the worst animation studio ever.

I don't know how they came out with the Neptunia show, which was at least decent for what it was.

Their next highest show is rated a 5.91, and that's Diabolik Lovers.

Oh okay they're a game dev company that has an anime branch. That makes sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, I was down for the weird lol Knowing me, I likely stopped watching when things started getting really good >_> I should pick it back up at some point.
    Admittedly it is very slow, but that never bothered me in any way. First several episodes are tame and very normal when compared to the shit happening in latter half. ^.^
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2015-04-28 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    I'm starting to realize that Idea Factory is the worst animation studio ever.

I don't know how they came out with the Neptunia show, which was at least decent for what it was.

Their next highest show is rated a 5.91, and that's Diabolik Lovers.

Oh okay they're a game dev company that has an anime branch. That makes sense.
    The funny thing is Neptunia show was done by David productions while they were taking breaks from Jojo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll keep compiling the list for another day or two before creating the poll.
    When you make the poll I'd suggest just consolidating the Fate shows as a single entry, since the doc has that "what is the Fate series and where should I start?" thing.

(and imo i think top 15 would probably be better than top 10)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    The funny thing is Neptunia show was done by David productions while they were taking breaks from Jojo.
    Oh shit you're right. I forgot about that.

Maybe David should actually stop making shitty shows and do another season of Inu x Boku.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    When you make the poll I'd suggest just consolidating the Fate shows as a single entry, since the doc has that "what is the Fate series and where should I start?" thing.

Eh, the only ones that matter are Fate/Zero and FSN:UBW 2013. If I consolidate them people will confuse themselves and watch the previous installments accidentally. Plus those two are so different and can be watched in any order it makes sense to keep them, if any, separate.

Thinking of a top 15 too.

Chelly
    Maybe David should actually stop making shitty shows and do another season of Inu x Boku.
    Do you really want to see (inu x boku ss manga spoiler) the entire cast die???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Do you really want to see manga spoiler:the entire cast die???
    Yes .

Lol. Shitcom...... there are some terrible entries...

Oh shit you're right. I forgot about that.

It was a decent anime but only so much you can do about an anime about a video game, kinda like Gunslinger stratos. They should tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Shitcom is a short clay animation of a couple shitting out of their mouths.
    A true masterpiece.

Also, is this more for recommendations for others or our own person favorites? Slight difference between the two, but nothing major.
    Yes. Whatever you feel like.

Gonna have to figure out a way to narrow this list down, but I still want to keep the original list next to it so everyone's recommendations can be seen. I'm up for just putting them all in and voting for your top 10.
    I'd say put in a Top 10, and then a link to the rest of it. That way, Top 10 is on front page, but we still have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    A mix of both, I'd say. I thought of it as a list of anime that were well received in the thread so ofc we'd recommend them to new people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Not that it affects me, but shouldn't you be recommending actually good shows?
    By all means, recommend something you like.

I really only put that in because we seem to get the question a lot.

Top 15, Top 10, whatever. So long as we get something.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a decent anime but only so much you can do about an anime about a video game, kinda like Gunslinger stratos. They should tbh.
    That's the big problem of Gunslinger. At least Neptunia did it better by having it be almost in a game world. Gunslinger is tropy as fuck and doesn't make sense at all unless you think of it as a video game solely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    Top 15, Top 10, whatever. So long as we get something.
    I think with the amount of shows being listed a top 15 would work better, and there's more than enough great shows to fill that.

That's the big problem of Gunslinger. At least Neptunia did it better by having it be almost in a game world. Gunslinger is tropy as fuck and doesn't make sense at all unless you think of it as a video game solely.
    I really don't know what they were thinking when they made gunslinger stratos into an anime Neptunia at least works since it's a RPG with a story and the characters are all based off game consoles like Vert is based off the Xbox and what not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the only ones that matter are Fate/Zero and FSN:UBW 2013. If I consolidate them people will confuse themselves and watch the previous installments accidentally. Plus those two are so different and can be watched in any order it makes sense to keep them, if any, separate.
    Well at least do something like "FSN: UBW 2013 && Fate/Zero" as a single entry or something because otherwise the list will end up either having two slots for Fate shows (which is unnecessary; if you watch one you likely will want to watch the other) taking up room that could otherwise be used for a different show, or only one will make the list making the segment about suggested order for the series counterproductive/irrelevant.

Deleted
    I really don't know what they were thinking when they made gunslinger stratos into an anime Neptunia at least works since it's a RPG with a story and the characters are all based off game consoles like Vert is based off the Xbox and what not.
    They could have taken the Bahamut route. Take the name, the basic concept, and have a studio make an anime with nothing else but that as the base, with full creative freedom. Would work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Aka the Gravath show.

For the list suggestions:

Cowboy Bebop
    Ghost in the Shell
    Akira
    Princess Mononoke
    Macross Plus
    Sword Of The Stranger
    Paprika
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Steins;Gate

On Fate, might as well just tell people to watch Fate/Zero followed by Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works. If they want more, then suggest the visual novel(s) too. If there's only one choice allowed, just Fate/Zero will do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least do something like "FSN: UBW 2013 && Fate/Zero" as a single entry or something because otherwise the list will end up either having two slots for Fate shows (which is unnecessary; if you watch one you likely will want to watch the other) taking up room that could otherwise be used for a different show, or only one will make the list making the segment about suggested order for the series counterproductive/irrelevant.
    Yeah that's a good idea, I'll do that.

Chiming in for the list:

Steins;Gate
    Samurai Champloo
    No Game No Life
    Code Geass
    Cowboy Bebop
    Kill la Kill
    Space☆Dandy

That's all I've got, really.