10+ Year Old Account
    Should we have a different category for movies? Would make sense. We could have a top 15 series and a top 5 or 10 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Should we have a different category for movies? Would make sense. We could have a top 15 series and a top 5 or 10 movies.
    Could band feature length OVA's/films together and series in another I suppose, but it's not really necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Could band feature length OVA's/films together and series in another I suppose, but it's not really necessary.
    I think it would be best, since people like watching movies and series separately based on the mood. I'll list them separately.

- - - Updated - - -

If people want to list a couple good movies I'll add them in. Just don't say "all Ghibli" or "all Shinkai".

Also no sequels to series.

You could do your Top 10/15/20 and then have a few of your regulars give their "honorable mention" of a show that didn't make the final list. Then not only would a newcomer have a solid list of shows liked by the consensus, they would also be able to find others with similar taste.

If people want to list a couple good movies I'll add them in. Just don't say "all Ghibli" or "all Shinkai".

Kaze Tachinu
    Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
    Kotonoha no Niwa
    Kara no Kyoukai movie series
    Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    You could do your Top 10/15/20 and then have a few of your regulars give their "honorable mention" of a show that didn't make the final list. Then not only would a newcomer have a solid list of shows liked by the consensus, they would also be able to find others with similar taste.
    We could have a link to a Google Doc where everyone can give their own personal top 10 and reasons why or something, but for now just going to work on a voted overall one.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    They could have taken the Bahamut route. Take the name, the basic concept, and have a studio make an anime with nothing else but that as the base, with full creative freedom. Would work perfectly.
    That would work but it seems they weren't given full creative freedom to do what they wanted like Bahamut though sadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kara no Kyoukai movie series
    Eve no Jikan
    5 Centimeters per Second
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Giovanni's Island

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking we can just have movies be a top 5 and series be a top 15. Would make the most sense.

Also I'm not going to add OVAs that have multiple episodes. I'm keeping those in with the series. The only OVAs would be ones like Little Witch Acadamia, since it's stand-alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Well at least do something like "FSN: UBW 2013 && Fate/Zero" as a single entry or something because otherwise the list will end up either having two slots for Fate shows (which is unnecessary; if you watch one you likely will want to watch the other) taking up room that could otherwise be used for a different show, or only one will make the list making the segment about suggested order for the series counterproductive/irrelevant.
    Thirded.

I agree. Every Ghibli movie, the Madoka movies instead of the show, etc...

"What not to add:"
    Zath pls. I didn't even make any recommendations. </3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    "What not to add:"
    Zath pls. I didn't even make any recommendations. </3
    You make it easy then.

I'll move Eve no Jikan to movies, since it was formatted into a movie, but put the movie's year onto it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll move Eve no Jikan to movies, since it was formatted into a movie, but put the movie's year onto it.
    Yeah that's for the best, since the movie is literally just the OVAs + extra scenes. There's really no reason to watch the OVA version over the movie at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some interesting BD numbers this week.

Blu-ray
    *1. 48,031 48,031 Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin Vol.1
    *2. 12,640 12,640 Sword Art Online II Vol.7 Limited Edition
    *3. 12,538 12,538 Shirobako Vol.5 Limited Edition
    *4. 12,438 12,438 Kantai Collection: KanColle Vol.2 Limited Edition
    *5. 11,807 11,807 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls Vol.1 Limited Edition
    *6. *7,330 *7,330 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Vol.1 Limited Editoin
    *7. *7,091 *7,091 Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei "Yokohama Souran-hen" Vol.3 Limited Edition
    *8. *6,903 *6,903 K: Missing Kings Limited Edition
    *9. *6,696 *6,696 Kuroko no Basket 3rd Season Vol.1
    10. *6,379 *6,379 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Vol.3 Limited Edition
    11. *6,179 *6,179 Gundam: G no Reconguista Vol.5 Special Limited Edition
    12. *6,092 *6,092 Gintama Blu-ray BOX Season 3
    13. *4,820 *4,820 Aldnoah.Zero Vol.7 Limited Edition
    14. *4,364 *4,364 Amagi Brilliant Park Vol.5 Limited Edition
    15. *4,130 *4,130 Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Vol.5
    16. *3,491 *3,491 Senran Kagura: Estival Versus - Mizugi darake no Zenyasai
    17. *3,467 *3,467 Dog Days'' Vol.2 Limited Edition
    18. *3,432 *3,432 Shinmai Maou no Testament Vol.2
    Shirobako V5 surpassed KanColle V2, that's pretty big.

Cinderella Girls selling well of course.

K Missing Kings sold pretty well too, but I feel like it deserves more. That movie was literal art.

I think we should add "all Ghibli" or "all Shinkai".

Srs version of my list, split up:

Movies

Ghost in the Shell
    Akira
    Princess Mononoke
    Sword Of The Stranger
    Paprika
    Perfect Blue
    The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    Ninja Scroll
    Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
    Kara no Kyoukai
    Redline
    Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone
    Jin-Roh
    Metropolis
    Grave of the Fireflies

Series

Cowboy Bebop
    Fate/Zero
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Steins;Gate
    Macross Plus
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    Mahou★Shoujo★Madoka★Magica
    Toradora
    Gunslinger Girl
    Great Teacher Onizuka
    Samurai Champloo
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
    Shinsekai Yori
    Bakuman
    One Piece

so, Dragonball Super in July

all aboard the hype train

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to keep out endless shounen, since it's pointless to have those in a recommendation list.

Also, only movies that are standalone and don't have a TV series attached to them.

For some of them I'm trying to list the first in the series, like Macross instead of Macross Plus, etc. For Gundam I'll put in the Unicorn one since there's so many series spanning years all of differing value.

I'm going to keep out endless shounen, since it's pointless to have those in a recommendation list.

Also, only movies that are standalone and don't have a TV series attached to them.

For some of them I'm trying to list the first in the series, like Macross instead of Macross Plus, etc. For Gundam I'll put in the Unicorn one since there's so many series spanning years all of differing value.
    I actually chose Macross Plus specifically as it's a good introduction to the Macross universe, with no prior knowledge requisite and at 4 OVA episodes, it's a pretty easy watch. Same reasoning with Unicorn. Also it's still one of the best entries into the Macross franchise.

I would actually recommend them both over the original series as gateway anime. Which is what I was thinking about most with my list - some of them aren't my absolute favourites, but they're excellent recommendations for others, for the most part.

Also, swapped out Rebellion for Wings of Honneamise.

Chelly

fucking weeb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I actually chose Macross Plus specifically as it's a good introduction to the Macross universe, with no prior knowledge requisite and at 4 OVA episodes, it's a pretty easy watch. Same reasoning with Unicorn. Also it's still one of the best entries into the Macross franchise.

I would actually recommend them both over the original series as gateway anime. Which is what I was thinking about most with my list - some of them aren't my absolute favourites, but they're excellent recommendations for others, for the most part.

Also, swapped out Rebellion for Wings of Honneamise.
    I'll just put series after Macross, and then people can ask in depth what they should watch first or decide themselves.